ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
How do you do this? #3086420
03/22/12 02:19 PM
03/22/12 02:19 PM
WI
N
Nostalgia Offline OP
trapper
Nostalgia  Offline OP
trapper
N

WI
Just wondering. I have never been in this situation yet, but saw a few houses like this today and it had me thinking. When there is a two story house, and the first floor roof comes to a peak, and the gable vent is on the second floor's gable right above the peak of the first floors roof, how do you access the gable? The problem that I see is, how do you use a typical ladder without having the peak touching the first rung of the ladder and the legs aren't touching the sides of the peak. It's really hard to explain without a picture, but hopefully some of you know what I am trying to describe???

Re: How do you do this? [Re: Nostalgia] #3086469
03/22/12 03:07 PM
03/22/12 03:07 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline
trapper
il.trapper  Offline
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
If I am understanding you right....this is what I use.

http://www.abccatalog.com/view_product.asp?idproduct=1264302475

Re: How do you do this? [Re: Nostalgia] #3086527
03/22/12 04:12 PM
03/22/12 04:12 PM
CT
R
RF Wildlife Offline
trapper
RF Wildlife  Offline
trapper
R

CT
Home depot sells a ladder with leveling legs, I love it. ladder

Re: How do you do this? [Re: Nostalgia] #3086991
03/22/12 08:57 PM
03/22/12 08:57 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
yep !

Re: How do you do this? [Re: Nostalgia] #3087397
03/23/12 12:46 AM
03/23/12 12:46 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I get you there's two different roof lines running with each other ,the problem is you can't reach the vent because the lower roof is in your way , what you need is a ladder hook witch goes on a different ladder ,witch you carry up there and hook the peak , of the first roof , then climb on that and get your work done on the higher gable , national ladder is we're you by ladder not home depot if you wish to live , ladder leaver legs OMG your going to die , if your ladders not level then get a claw hammer and dig in the dirt till it is , ladder can't kick out if it's dug in , if it's not straight up and it shifts your going for a ladder ride , not fun been there , watch a guy brake both arms when his ladder kicked out boy did he scream , you get up there put screws or nails on each side of your ladder if it a little squirrelly , there's other ways too , if you can't just walk up there , get like a 42 footer ladder and just run it up the roof and use your truck tire to hold the bottom of your ladder so it doesn't kick out , truck tire works on drive ways also . I was a rough frame carpenter for 20 plus years and we built big custom homes with big roofs , it got scary sometimes but we learned from it ,

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread