Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Diabetic and trapping #2907397
12/25/11 08:38 AM
12/25/11 08:38 AM
B
bigbore50 Offline OP
trapper
bigbore50  Offline OP
trapper
B

Hello everyone i am new to this site and thankful to be able to be here i was in avery serious auto accsident bac in oct of 2009 and broke my right elbow severly and i only have limited use in my right arm after about 6 months of therapy i tried to go back to i worked for about 2 months and really struggled to my job that i did for 27 years one day i got really sick on the job and past out the next i know i am being treated for cancer that was located in my right arm i went through 62 radition treatments so after all of this it was christmas a year ago and i started to loose weight really fast within 2 months i lost close to 80lbs and was diganost with type 2 diabetes when they found ihad diabetes my a1c was at 14.5 the chart only goes to 12 so after that i took the classes and now with the diet my sugar averages at 80 in the morning and around 96 to 108 in the eveing and my a1c is at 6.2 so in order to get exericse ride a bicycle during good weather and started trapping i run a small line consisting of about 24 traps and walk the whole line iusally walk about 4-5 miles a day which is really quiet a feat for me and it takes pretty much the whole day my son helps me with setting and resetting and the skinning the diabetes affected my eyes and my vision isnt that good but so far to date i have caught 41coons 14 red fox 5 grey fox 7 skunks 3oppusms and abobcat and fisher which i had to release because they were not in season which i think is pretty good for a half blind cripple guy tha hasent trapped since1980 and so far to date i have lost 128 lbs so this christ mas i am very thankful for the little bit of goodhealth and my family and would like to tell people that are going through a bad time to never give up and always have hope MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE

Re: Diabetic and trapping [Re: bigbore50] #2998816
02/07/12 02:53 PM
02/07/12 02:53 PM
Dogwood Township, Arkansas
Y
yotehunter57 Offline
trapper
yotehunter57  Offline
trapper
Y

Dogwood Township, Arkansas
Bless you for not giving up.
When I was diagnosed on 07, my blood sugar was off the chart. I thought I was going blind, I couldn't have read your post then.
I broke my back in 2 places in 02, but am not paralized. I also need a knee replacement, but haven't figured out to pay my co-pay and rehab cost on disability pay.
So, I totally understand how difficult and slw walking is, but giving up is NOT an option.
Stay strong and keep going forward.

yh57

Re: Diabetic and trapping [Re: bigbore50] #3453216
11/30/12 10:06 PM
11/30/12 10:06 PM
Lawrence County Alabama
BamaTrapper1923 Offline
trapper
BamaTrapper1923  Offline
trapper

Lawrence County Alabama
Hang in the brother. as long as you keep going you can beat anything. I know from expirience. Keep you head up and feet moving forward and everything will work out.

Running traplines is like christmas morning everyday.Neverknow what's under that tree!!
Beaver-0/all
Otter-2/10
Coon-1/10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread