General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Does anyone "stake" their 110's? [Re: Mac] #215998
05/29/07 08:55 PM
05/29/07 08:55 PM
Central NY
NYNovice Offline
trapper
NYNovice  Offline
trapper

Central NY
So you really weren't asking about staking, you are asking about stabilizers. LOL.
I personally use a similar setup to the Lathe board, but I am thinking of using spikes in the bottom rivet for some next year. Just to see. Maybe a dozen or two to start with.

TrapperMans FIRST Haiku Master:
Misted Over Dawn
Cherry Red On the Hillside
A Moment Stands Still

Re: Does anyone "stake" their 110's? [Re: NYNovice] #216003
05/29/07 09:03 PM
05/29/07 09:03 PM
Anchor Point, AK
trapperjoeAK Offline
trapper
trapperjoeAK  Offline
trapper

Anchor Point, AK
It is easy to use a table saw to rip down old scrap 2x and make your own lathe. It is the perfect dimension. That is what I like for long stabilizers, and up here I have little use for short ones. I do like the carriage bolt thing though.

I must say, that I set conibears all the time with that "wrong" orientation and it has never given me any trouble. Even when setting on lather or sticks, I often bend the conibear all the way down so it is tight against the stick. The closing on the sides thing doesn't matter a whit in a submerged set for muskrat/mink. I try to avoid it on dry land, but don't worry too much about it.

Re: Does anyone "stake" their 110's? [Re: trapperjoeAK] #216009
05/29/07 09:09 PM
05/29/07 09:09 PM
IOWA
T
TrappinK-9's Offline
trapper
TrappinK-9's  Offline
trapper
T

IOWA
Clark,
It's into the ground and use a rock between the jaws to keep it from swiveling. It works well with a bottom edge set also. Just use a rock or a stick to keep from swiveling. This way you won't have the bottom of the trap too far into the mud or the bottom. Hope this helps!

Fresh circle in the morning, nothing better.
Re: Does anyone "stake" their 110's? [Re: TrappinK-9's] #216411
05/30/07 11:59 AM
05/30/07 11:59 AM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Soft steel bends easily without heat.
The nuts used to attatch the rod can be use to add tension to make the trap not rotate.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91