General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Using Lure - Where, when and why?? #158840
03/29/07 10:56 PM
03/29/07 10:56 PM
Southern, Michigan
K
Kevlar of MI Offline OP
trapper
Kevlar of MI  Offline OP
trapper
K

Southern, Michigan

As a beginner in trapping I would like to know where, when, and why you guys use lure or don't use lure in certain situations.

I understand why, when and where to use these lures on Fox, yotes and beaver.

But what about mink, coon and rats? Just wondering if you guys could help a few of us beginners understand where, why and when to use lure for these 3 types of critters. Maybe situations and examples. Or maybe a good book that I could read to understand better. I really didn't just want to buy a bunch of lure and start expermenting with it. I wanted to understand WHY I should use it.

Thanks for any help.

Kev

Running and Gunning at break-neck speeds. Because we would rather crash and burn in a marsh, than live a dull existance on this earth.
Re: Using Lure - Where, when and why?? [Re: Kevlar of MI] #158947
03/30/07 12:18 AM
03/30/07 12:18 AM
East Central Iowa
Beef Offline
trapper
Beef  Offline
trapper

East Central Iowa
To tell ya the truth, i dont use much lure for any of those three, i just blind set for them, im sure some of the better trappers on here will know more than me though

Re: Using Lure - Where, when and why?? [Re: Beef] #158995
03/30/07 01:29 AM
03/30/07 01:29 AM
MN
W
wcollinge2000 Offline
trapper
wcollinge2000  Offline
trapper
W

MN
I have never used lure Well Just a couple of times . Next season I will just in the last two days I used some for beaver and there in the freezer now. only have two traps out. I am just trying to help a friend as there knocking down trees in back yards.I here it works good for mink as for muskrat I wouldn't know . or mink but I am going to try next season.

trapping is fun chipping ice is not!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91