General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Using #110 Triggers For Holding Bait [Re: dblkb] #1537324
10/13/09 11:20 AM
10/13/09 11:20 AM
Westerlo, New York
O
Otter04 Offline
trapper
Otter04  Offline
trapper
O

Westerlo, New York
WE use fish straight up with the triggers implanted in a small bullhead for mink. we usually set it in the grass.good coon set also.

Re: Using #110 Triggers For Holding Bait [Re: ] #1537520
10/13/09 01:55 PM
10/13/09 01:55 PM
Hillsborough County, NH
Jethrowe Offline
trapper
Jethrowe  Offline
trapper

Hillsborough County, NH
I nail 2 penny nails into the side of a tree, and compress the trap onto them so it's completely horizontal. Basically I make a "shelf" on the side of the tree out of the Styrofoam so that the squirrel actually presses on the trigger to get to the peanut butter. I was having issues with the traps being too stiff and the squirrels were grazing the trigger wires but not setting the trap when they were vertical. Since switching to the horizontal "shelf" method, every set has produced a nice neck catch. As soon as i figure out how to do it, I'll upload some photos of my sets and catches.

- Jethro

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91