06/14/09 01:41 AM
06/14/09 01:41 AM
Oregon
Ole Hawkeye Offline
trapper
Ole Hawkeye  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Hmmm, tastes like chicken. I'm going to my brother's house tomorrow, in Albany. Get on google and show me which street to get on to find that fast food place that I can buy a buffalo buger with cheese and a garden salad for .40? Nope, not available, in Albany so I guess I will fill my tummy with a hamburger that will upset all the union guys, but it won't cost me much and it won't kill me. BIG DEAL!!!!! I eat where it's convenient and I will live as long as any of you!

You won't eat McDonalds and a bunch of you insist on BUY AMERICAN and GO UNION and you eat farmed fish. Most of you don't even know you are buying farmed fish, because it is labled MADE IN AMERICA!

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Is MacDonalds worried about your Health ? [Re: Buzzard] #1380823
06/14/09 01:11 PM
06/14/09 01:11 PM
Northeast Kansas
kansasman Offline
trapper
kansasman  Offline
trapper

Northeast Kansas
Originally Posted By: Buzzard
Quote:
the references to McDonald's using South American beef in its U..S restaurants are wrong. The imported beef American ranchers are up in arms about comes not from South America but from Australia and New Zealand,

Most dont have a clue ......really

I worked at Fairbank Farms for 8 years , they are located in Ashville, New York.

They are a packing plant , slaughter house, and distributer of beef.

They used to buy thousands of tons of aussie beef product to grind w/ cull dairy cows for distribution to all grocerys in the north east, both in bulk and packaged in the stores labels........

If you live in the NE......you have eaten aussie roo meat as we called it..lol

I worked at the plant a plant in nebraska for a few years, that processed the beef into burger. Yes almost any burger you buy has a form of nondomestic meat in it. The meat from over seas comes boxed frozen solid in 60 pound cases. From new zeland, argentina, europe, and central america, they are added at about 20-28 percent versus fresh domesitc. That product went to walmart, iga, applebees, mcdonalds, hyvee, and a lot of small butcher shops, just to name a few. So if you don't kill it and grind it yourself, odds are you have eaten, "roo" meat as Buzz calls it.

Gun control, is hitting what your aiming at.
Re: Is MacDonalds worried about your Health ? [Re: kansasman] #1380857
06/14/09 02:06 PM
06/14/09 02:06 PM
Peachland NC
D
David Underwood Offline
trapper
David Underwood  Offline
trapper
D

Peachland NC
Hay Buzz! You can buy grain finished
Elk steak, in about six miles of where
I sit right now. Or any other part of
a dead elk!

No signature (can't write).
Charter member of the HAL fan club.
Only 4 miles from neil!
Re: Is MacDonalds worried about your Health ? [Re: David Underwood] #1380883
06/14/09 02:57 PM
06/14/09 02:57 PM
Oregon
Ole Hawkeye Offline
trapper
Ole Hawkeye  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Come to think of it there is an elk farm in central Oregon, but I don't know if they are grain fed, I understand their market is selling antlers in velvet to Korea. Oooops, another export.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.
Re: Is MacDonalds worried about your Health ? [Re: Ole Hawkeye] #1380896
06/14/09 03:25 PM
06/14/09 03:25 PM
Oregon
TasteLikeChicken Offline
trapper
TasteLikeChicken  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Hawkeye....you have to come to my place for dinner for that deal...LOL. Between buffalo hunting, a big garden and a wife that bakes our bread...looks after all the needs. No sodas..but there is always a keg on tap in the beer fridge.

Same deal on egg Mcmuffin...LOL....but the eggs are also produced on the "homestead" and are organic. Pancakes...we cheat there...Snoqualmie Lodge pancake mix. Best pancakes I've ever eaten. Cost on those is extremely reasonable as well.

My whole point...if you want something done right...you end up doing it yourself.

Sack Punch Beaver Lure
http://www.tlclures.co.nr/
Re: Is MacDonalds worried about your Health ? [Re: TasteLikeChicken] #1380917
06/14/09 04:04 PM
06/14/09 04:04 PM
Oregon
Ole Hawkeye Offline
trapper
Ole Hawkeye  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I can't afford to do much buffalo hunting, my annual elk hunting trip puts a big enough dent in an already thin wallet, and I don't have enough room on the deck of my boat for a garden1 smile. But I will take you up on that breakfast offer some day and I will bring fresh, organic ling cod fillets and crab! Love those farm fresh eggs with bright orange yolks, not the pale yellow yolks like those grocery store eggs. When we had the place in the country I had red rocks and barred rocks, New Zealand and Flemish giant rabbits, among others and whatever hog or goat I could pick up at the auction real cheap. I raised beets and turnips (mostly for the greens) Yukon Gold spuds, I raise spuds, I buy potatoes at he grocery store, squash, onions, my own herbs.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread