Zone 2---Michigan
M
MMichtrapper Offline
trapper
MMichtrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Zone 2---Michigan
So all the California farmers could export their eggs to surrounding states! Let the industry there that needs eggs and such, figure it out.

------------------
A Member of the:
VFW
MMIT
NTA
NRA

"There are 4 kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy."
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: MMichtrapper] #1345356
05/16/09 08:50 AM
05/16/09 08:50 AM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: MMichtrapper
So all the California farmers could export their eggs to surrounding states! Let the industry there that needs eggs and such, figure it out.

But California eggs will be over priced in such markets because H$U$ forced the California farmers into more costly egg production,then their competitors.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1345361
05/16/09 08:55 AM
05/16/09 08:55 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

Mira, sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, and sometimes you gotta let the farmers suffer along with idiotic consumers.

But, hey, you wanna know what is really going to happen? The federal government will provide those egg farmers with some cash to change their operations over, and then some subsidies to keep the prices down, and instead of the pathetic morons in California who voted for the changes paying for it, I'll end up paying for it for the rest of my life.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: ] #1345495
05/16/09 10:07 AM
05/16/09 10:07 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: BuckNE
Mira, sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, and sometimes you gotta let the farmers suffer along with idiotic consumers.

But, hey, you wanna know what is really going to happen? The federal government will provide those egg farmers with some cash to change their operations over, and then some subsidies to keep the prices down, and instead of the pathetic morons in California who voted for the changes paying for it, I'll end up paying for it for the rest of my life.

And the bottom line is nobody can afford such unnecessary meddling from folks that couldn't tell a prize rooster from a egg laying hen.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1345509
05/16/09 10:18 AM
05/16/09 10:18 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

Of course we can afford it. Just ask the politicians in Washington. Here's how it is going to work, and you can bet your last egg on this.

California morons who voted for proposition 2 carry a lot of clout in Washington, DC. California has 53 Congressmen in the US House of Representatives, out of 435 total. Those 53 Congressmen will make sure that Californians don't have to pay for their stupidity.

So, what is going to happen is that the federal government will pay the egg farmers to change their operations over. They will also subsidize them so the egg prices the morons pay won't go up. And the next 6 generations of Americans will pay a little more in taxes for the stupidity of Californians.

The government is all about protecting the stupid from themselves. That has become its main purpose.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Rye] #1345591
05/16/09 11:12 AM
05/16/09 11:12 AM
Illinois
ringtailtrapper Offline
trapper
ringtailtrapper  Offline
trapper

Illinois
Mira, I agree with you most of the time on just about everything you write but not this time.The dept. Ag's at the state level for year's have been getting more influance from the AR groups all over the nation.The states that have there wildlife issues run threw the dept.of Ag at the state level, may well know that they face The AR's before they even get out of the starting block.Mira,Maybe the the little old egg is the place to draw a line in the sand and say no more B.S I would say its like fighting them on a issue that will touch everyone in someway VS just fighting them on an issue that only affects a few like trapping.................Ringtailtrapper

For Sale, Quality Racing Possums
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: ringtailtrapper] #1345943
05/16/09 03:14 PM
05/16/09 03:14 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: ringtailtrapper
Mira, I agree with you most of the time on just about everything you write but not this time.The dept. Ag's at the state level for year's have been getting more influance from the AR groups all over the nation.The states that have there wildlife issues run threw the dept.of Ag at the state level, may well know that they face The AR's before they even get out of the starting block.Mira,Maybe the the little old egg is the place to draw a line in the sand and say no more B.S I would say its like fighting them on a issue that will touch everyone in someway VS just fighting them on an issue that only affects a few like trapping.................Ringtailtrapper

We are not in disagreement Ringtail. I happen to see a lot of merit in Buckne's point of view but I feel real ticked off that farmers face the problems they do because folks that wouldn't know a rooster from a hen are calling the shots in legislation & ballot boxes. My point throughout this thread is the farmers who have such legislation passed against them are the ones who have even had State Veterinarians agree with the farmers and yet politics has destroyed the logic of raising animals as farmers know how they should be raised & the general public does not. Those same farmers never asked for any of this grief and they couldn't get common sense to over rule politics or H$U$ propaganda. We trappers face the same problem. The farmers of California are not the only ones who face this type of legislation.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1345950
05/16/09 03:19 PM
05/16/09 03:19 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Mira, florida is just a out post of california so no suprise they go however california goes.

Looks like that stupid state is going bankrupt anyway with all of their stupid politic's finally catching up to them. Let them boil rocks for all I care.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Jtrapper] #1346026
05/16/09 04:30 PM
05/16/09 04:30 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Florida actually was the first state to go for the H$U$ plan. Big losses for their farmers. Right now H$U$ is trying the same sell in several other big agricultural producing states. This issue is like a bad movie being played by Pacelle & any number of political hacks around the US of A.. We trappers are not the only ones under attacks by the H$U$ propaganda machinery.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1346037
05/16/09 04:40 PM
05/16/09 04:40 PM
evansville Indiana age72
don Wolf Offline
trapper
don Wolf  Offline
trapper

evansville Indiana age72
Looks like people in California get to quit eating eggs, don't it. Tough luck for them.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Rye] #1346039
05/16/09 04:42 PM
05/16/09 04:42 PM
VT, AK
arctichomestead Offline
trapper
arctichomestead  Offline
trapper

VT, AK
I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't challenge this in court based on the fact that only the federal government may regulate interstate commerce, and no state may tax imports from other states.

I can't read my signature.
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: don Wolf] #1346051
05/16/09 04:49 PM
05/16/09 04:49 PM
Mojave Desert, AZ & CA
L
Latrans Offline
trapper
Latrans  Offline
trapper
L

Mojave Desert, AZ & CA
I have been following this closely, some of my best customers in California are chicken and egg producers. When this first came out I asked a giant egg producer that I occasionaly trap rats and skunks for about it, and all he said was "Oh it does'nt affect us, we are already doing everything that Prop 2 mandates, and have been for 25 years". But he did say he was voting against it "on principle", as did I. Its all a sham and propaganda put out by the Humane Society to get people to donate money to their causes. Egg prices haven't gone up in California.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Latrans] #1346273
05/16/09 08:40 PM
05/16/09 08:40 PM
East, Kentucky
KYBOY Offline
trapper
KYBOY  Offline
trapper

East, Kentucky
Dnt worry folks, we'll sell you all you want for $1.50 a dozen..LOL

Deep in the heart of Appalachia....
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: KYBOY] #1346407
05/16/09 10:21 PM
05/16/09 10:21 PM
Somerset area, Pa.
E
Ely Offline
trapper
Ely  Offline
trapper
E

Somerset area, Pa.
I've got 4 laying hens that keeps my wife and I ( and some neighbors) in eggs. You wouldnt believe how many people around here got a few chickens that never had them before. A lot of people putting in pretty big gardens this year also. Eggs, chicken, garden salads and canning to go along with the deer meat. A country boy can survive!

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Ely] #1346447
05/16/09 10:37 PM
05/16/09 10:37 PM
N. Dakota
S
Slim Pedersen Offline
"Trapping Icon' "
Slim Pedersen  Offline
"Trapping Icon' "
S

N. Dakota
Well Trappers I hope you are paying attention. Trappers do not have the money or political clout that the poultry industry has or had.

Also, I believe it is high time that trapper organizations personally invite poultry, hog, cattlemen, and farmers to every state and National trappers association conventions.

Easy to say too bad and turn away, but much more productive to say sorry and we will help as well as possible, if you help us as well.

Proud to be a trapper and supporter of trapping organizations
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Slim Pedersen] #1346674
05/17/09 01:19 AM
05/17/09 01:19 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Slim Pedersen
Well Trappers I hope you are paying attention. Trappers do not have the money or political clout that the poultry industry has or had.

Also, I believe it is high time that trapper organizations personally invite poultry, hog, cattlemen, and farmers to every state and National trappers association conventions.

Easy to say too bad and turn away, but much more productive to say sorry and we will help as well as possible, if you help us as well.

You nailed it Slim. Been trying to get folks to think like that for years.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1346775
05/17/09 08:33 AM
05/17/09 08:33 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

Yes, those egg producers have more political clout, but they are going to use it to get subsidies to offset higher costs, and it is going to end up costing you and me. And they are going to keep that political clout by donating to the very politicians who want to kill trapping so they can satisfy the same type of people who voted for Proposition 2.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: ] #1346785
05/17/09 08:57 AM
05/17/09 08:57 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: BuckNE
Yes, those egg producers have more political clout, but they are going to use it to get subsidies to offset higher costs, and it is going to end up costing you and me. And they are going to keep that political clout by donating to the very politicians who want to kill trapping so they can satisfy the same type of people who voted for Proposition 2.

Then it makes sense to adopt the plan that Slim offered . Work together as animal use people to gain political clout . The egg producers were wronged by H$U$ propaganda. We have been wronged by the same organization and it makes sense for us to offer them our respect and get both groups to fight with other groups in making sure H$U$ can not continue with their lies & propaganda. Reading the serves them right comments on this forum doesn't help to create alliances.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1346795
05/17/09 09:14 AM
05/17/09 09:14 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

Mira, I didn't see any "it serves them right" comments about the poultry farmers. I saw "it serves them right" comments about the voters.

And, like I said, in the end the poultry farmers aren't going to be hurt by this at all, and I suspect they know it. The government will make sure eggs don't go to $20 per dozen. They'll do that by subsidizing the egg producers. The voters in California get their happy chickens, the farmers get their money, and the only ones who lose are everyone else in the country who have to pay for it.

Re: Eggs are going top increase in Price. [Re: ] #1346812
05/17/09 09:40 AM
05/17/09 09:40 AM
Mojave Desert, AZ & CA
L
Latrans Offline
trapper
Latrans  Offline
trapper
L

Mojave Desert, AZ & CA
Next they are targeting meat in general: