Legislative Alerts

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#1319966 - 04/24/09 04:21 PM N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers
Scapanus3 Offline
trapper

Loc: PNW and Kansas, United States
I'd like to chat with any mole/gopher trappers about getting the carcasses for a donation to a museum for research/teaching purposes. Send me a personal message and I can explain more about what I'm doing and why, etc....

Basically, all you have to do is freeze each carcass in a plastic bag with its location and date of capture. If they aren't too rotten, then I can get a skin, skeleton, and tissue from each individual. I can arrange shipment or potentially pick them up in person.

Fyi: I'm a biologist studying gopher/moles. I've been catching pocket gophers for many years and have a little experience catching moles (Scapanus sp.). I will be collecting a handful of moles/gophers in N. California and Oregon this summer and fall, but I could use more.

Thanks for your time.

Corey
Thomomys1@yahoo.com
Scapanus3

2. "A gopher moat will not stop a bear."

#1319968 - 04/24/09 04:23 PM Re: N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers [Re: Scapanus3]
Scapanus3 Offline
trapper

Sh--!

I may have posted this to the wrong section of the forum. Sorry. Rookie mistake.

#1320052 - 04/24/09 05:53 PM Re: N. Cal/PacNW mole and pocket gopher trappers [Re: Scapanus3]
Scapanus3 Offline
trapper

The moderator can delete this thread as I posted it in the trapping only area of the forum.

Moderator:  Drifter, Paul Dobbins