Lures, Bait and Urine Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: tincturing [Re: Heimbrock] #1292603
04/06/09 10:47 AM
04/06/09 10:47 AM
Ohio/Maryland
H
Heimbrock Offline
trapper
Heimbrock  Offline
trapper
H

Ohio/Maryland
Besides, we don't even get TV reception you can call home and ask my wife.

Re: tincturing [Re: HGH1] #1292694
04/06/09 11:48 AM
04/06/09 11:48 AM
Portsmouth Va.
A
aprophet Offline
trapper
aprophet  Offline
trapper
A

Portsmouth Va.
Originally Posted By: HGH1
aprophet, you said the glycol took longer and didn't last as long, that being said propylene glycol is not as good to use? I wouldn't want to make somthing that didn't work or last.

Hello HGH1 naw I was just asking questions trying to learn like a lot of others here . I believe at one time most perfume makers used alcohol to tincture castor with. I believe most claim they don,t use animal parts anymore to create their fragrances with. I just provided a coupla links about preserving castor. The little bit of castor I have used I used in K9 lure. I usually buy mine. I have always used the paste I have seen the tinctured for sale (liquid castor) I have just never tried it . Most of the trappers that I have talked to about this dry their castor first then soak em in glycerine then grind them then add enough glycerine until they get the consistency they want. You know I make perfume I sell at the flea market on the weekends it gets me a little of my taxes back smile and formulating perfume seems a lot easier . Thanks to all who have furthered my education grin

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/perfume.html
this is what I thought you were talking about Mr High Noon

thanks again guys

I TRAP PETA'S FRONT PORCH

Re: tincturing [Re: aprophet] #1292852
04/06/09 01:42 PM
04/06/09 01:42 PM
East TN.
High Noon Offline
trapper
High Noon  Offline
trapper

East TN.
Guess I won't be drinking any perfume in the near future! lol
Thanks for the link I'll look at that site more when I have some time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91