ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Tips to Discourage Fire Ants? #8129794
04/27/24 10:00 PM
04/27/24 10:00 PM
Georgia
D
Dpredatorman Offline OP
trapper
Dpredatorman  Offline OP
trapper
D

Georgia
Hey fellow trappers! I’m looking for some help here. I do nuisance wildlife control work in the southeast, and fire ants are a continual problem in the warm months. They are in my dog proofs and seem to cover any other bait I put out in my dirt holes and flat sets. I found that coon grabbers in the dog proofs seems to eliminate the problem there, but I haven’t found a solution for the predator sets. I have been using a lot of blind sets, mafia sets, and lured trail sets to get away from the ants, but I was wondering if any of y’all have any suggestions or solutions that you have implemented on your lines. Are there any predator baits on the market that do not attract ants? Thanks in advance!

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
Re: Tips to Discourage Fire Ants? [Re: Dpredatorman] #8129967
04/28/24 09:20 AM
04/28/24 09:20 AM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
I use Amdro and it works great. I sprinkle it at the set on the way to and from the set.

Re: Tips to Discourage Fire Ants? [Re: Dpredatorman] #8130034
04/28/24 11:48 AM
04/28/24 11:48 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Talstar One/P , A.I. Bifethrin. Mixed according to label applicated around the immediate set should work just fine. It is odorless and durable. Mix some in a Qt. spray bottle and use as needed.

I believe it is 1 oz. of active material per gallon of water dilution ratio. Mix a gallon and transfer to a usable container for set use. Always read your label prior to use and understand the safety and health aspects as well.

Re: Tips to Discourage Fire Ants? [Re: Bob Jameson] #8130234
04/28/24 08:49 PM
04/28/24 08:49 PM
Georgia
D
Dpredatorman Offline OP
trapper
Dpredatorman  Offline OP
trapper
D

Georgia
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the advice, I’m gonna try that out.

Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread