No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Foxhunt! [Re: elsmasho82] #8120686
04/13/24 12:05 AM
04/13/24 12:05 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
The "higher" has spoken on this, your argument isn't with me..

Pure Blood
Re: The Foxhunt! [Re: elsmasho82] #8120690
04/13/24 12:18 AM
04/13/24 12:18 AM
Pennsylvania
elsmasho82 Offline OP
trapper
elsmasho82  Offline OP
trapper

Pennsylvania
Until He speaks to me I have no argument

Re: The Foxhunt! [Re: elsmasho82] #8120713
04/13/24 03:48 AM
04/13/24 03:48 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
What a tradition!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The Foxhunt! [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8120814
04/13/24 08:52 AM
04/13/24 08:52 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Diggerman,
Why are you being such a turdhead? You just wanna argue with a retired game warden about something you don't know anything about? Direct your efforts elsewhere..because I could care less what you think about me or any employed game wardens.

BTW, here in Georgia, GWs are allowed by state law to go on or about properties, outside of buildings, without a warrant, in the performance of their duties.

Maybe they are allowed to do that in Wisconsin. I hope they visit you regularly! They probably should.

I find it disturbing that a GW would side so heavily against one form of recreating over another, and most if not all GW's stretch Their "performance of duties" when it comes to "tennis shoeing", Yet feel it is just fine to bash houndsman on social media.
Every hunter, trapper, fisherman knows wildlife knows no boundaries, neither do hounds. Wildlife here today, over there tommorow. OR maybe we can all build high fences like Texas and just keep "our" wildlife on "our" property.
If trappers and houndsman can not get along in Georgia, deal with it. Up here most trappers also run hounds, The best trappers I have come to know are also some off the best houndsman.

Re: The Foxhunt! [Re: Diggerman] #8120856
04/13/24 10:41 AM
04/13/24 10:41 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Diggerman,
Why are you being such a turdhead? You just wanna argue with a retired game warden about something you don't know anything about? Direct your efforts elsewhere..because I could care less what you think about me or any employed game wardens.

BTW, here in Georgia, GWs are allowed by state law to go on or about properties, outside of buildings, without a warrant, in the performance of their duties.

Maybe they are allowed to do that in Wisconsin. I hope they visit you regularly! They probably should.

I find it disturbing that a GW would side so heavily against one form of recreating over another, and most if not all GW's stretch Their "performance of duties" when it comes to "tennis shoeing", Yet feel it is just fine to bash houndsman on social media.
Every hunter, trapper, fisherman knows wildlife knows no boundaries, neither do hounds. Wildlife here today, over there tommorow. OR maybe we can all build high fences like Texas and just keep "our" wildlife on "our" property.
If trappers and houndsman can not get along in Georgia, deal with it. Up here most trappers also run hounds, The best trappers I have come to know are also some off the best houndsman.

I became a GW in 1996 to 2022. The fox houndsmen used to run all over the country where I grew up in the late 70s and 80s. Again...deer leases took care of that. Where I worked as a GW and continue to live is pure hound country....all leased to hound hunting clubs. Dog boxes remain in backs of pickups here year-round. Deer hounds, bear hounds, hog dogs..some of my best friends are houndsmen. But, none of that changes the fact that FOX houndsmen back in the day, and any pure fox houndsman today (which there aren't many left), doesn't care for fox trappers.

In the early 80s, I attended multiple statewide meetings that were coordinated by the fox houndsmen to place a limit on the number of foxes a trapper could take annually. A couple of those meetings..I was the only trapper there. It got a little heated. They failed to achieve a law change on the limits..not due to me, but due to the Ga Trappers Assn efforts on a state level.

You're the one that brought game wardens into this topic....can't pass up a chance to gouge at a game warden, especially me because you know I was one.

Keep digging Diggerman! Most on here see it.

BTW,
I can bash who I want now....even you, as I'm not a GW anymore. But I wouldn't bash you.. even though you seem to want to bash me. As you said..haters gonna hate!!!

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 04/13/24 01:44 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread