ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Groundhog Exclusion #3180474
06/10/12 09:03 AM
06/10/12 09:03 AM
va
P
pudge Offline OP
trapper
pudge  Offline OP
trapper
P

va
This ADC forum is simply great. I have learned a lot and laughed a ton at some of the experiences y'all have had. I have a question, after removing several groundhogs, what is the best material material to fill in the burrows with that will keep them from coming back? The dens are located in flower beds so please keep that in mind.

Thanks

Re: Groundhog Exclusion [Re: pudge] #3180537
06/10/12 10:38 AM
06/10/12 10:38 AM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
Id use concrete lasts along long time.Just leave it about 6 or 8 inches below level then cover with topsoil. wink

Member of NTA,WVTA Lifetime
Re: Groundhog Exclusion [Re: pudge] #3180540
06/10/12 10:39 AM
06/10/12 10:39 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
There's nothing you can do about that . What ever you do they will just dig one next to it . If you pulled up the flowers and laid fence down they would just dig out in the yard or next to the house ect . If its under a deck or shed you can . I see guys charging to pour ready mix down the hole . They just dig next to it . Have you ever made ground hog jerky . I caught one yesterday and for some unknown reason I thought I should eat you . It's never happened before . I was really hungery at the time

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Groundhog Exclusion [Re: pudge] #3180573
06/10/12 11:09 AM
06/10/12 11:09 AM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
I have never had a problem with them digging back in in my experience.I could show you several jobs that I have done that way some 3 or 4 years ago and no problems yet.

Member of NTA,WVTA Lifetime
Re: Groundhog Exclusion [Re: pudge] #3180679
06/10/12 12:50 PM
06/10/12 12:50 PM
va
P
pudge Offline OP
trapper
pudge  Offline OP
trapper
P

va
PC, I have never tried groundhog jerky but have eaten groundhog on several occasions, not bad if fixed up right.

Re: Groundhog Exclusion [Re: The Trapster] #3180702
06/10/12 01:07 PM
06/10/12 01:07 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Originally Posted By: The Trapster
I have never had a problem with them digging back in in my experience.I could show you several jobs that I have done that way some 3 or 4 years ago and no problems yet.
It could be I just see the ones that don't work and that you have a good way of doing it . I've never tried it . My moms married to this hillbilly and there always eating ground hogs . It's not like there starving there both retired auto works . They say it's just like roost beef . Want some . No thanks mom . One thing if a hillbilly comes to visit and you wish to have them come visit again . Make sure you offer food as soon as they come in the door . They will mostly say no thank you . My mom would always have this table of food ready when family came and they never eat it . Maybe she didn't cook like they liked it cooked . I like it . Them ground hogs sure make some great bait . I like to use it fresh

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread