Fur Handling Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Freezing fur, in or out? [Re: k-9hunter] #951833
10/26/08 10:11 AM
10/26/08 10:11 AM
Missouri
E
EZ Trapper Offline
trapper
EZ Trapper  Offline
trapper
E

Missouri
If you freeze coon hides flat between cardboard can you leave them exposed in the freezer? or do you have to cover each one up? my grandfather taught me to roll coon hides nose to tail and store in an empty bread sack.

Always look for the diamond in the ruff
Re: Freezing fur, in or out? [Re: EZ Trapper] #951945
10/26/08 11:51 AM
10/26/08 11:51 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Leaving them exposed, they will soak up any frost the freezer produces, not good for the fur, exposed also contributes to freezer burn if your leaving them in there longer than a couple of months.

You can not remove the freezer burn off the flesh it changes the look of the pelt, once a buyer see's that he/she may down grade for older fur.

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Freezing fur, in or out? [Re: GritGuy] #952078
10/26/08 01:47 PM
10/26/08 01:47 PM
Wisconsin
F
FlatSet Offline
trapper
FlatSet  Offline
trapper
F

Wisconsin
Fur out and lay them in flat and you can get more in the freezer that way. Then when you get ready to put them up they will thaw out easier and quicker.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91