No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
trapping shed layout #8126983
04/22/24 10:54 PM
04/22/24 10:54 PM
North East Utah
That.darn.coon Offline OP
trapper
That.darn.coon  Offline OP
trapper

North East Utah
We just bought a shipping container and I get a 8 x 10 foot portion of it. I know it’s not much but it is sure better than nothing. How would you guys go about making a layout so I would have room to dry, skin, and flesh everything. The real problem I am having is were am I going to put the beaver boards so they don't take up the whole thing.

Type in your thoughts, I need all I can get.

Thanks.

******* I save my sick days, because come winter, I'm gonna have a bad case of trappin fever *******
Re: trapping shed layout [Re: That.darn.coon] #8127029
04/23/24 05:18 AM
04/23/24 05:18 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
one of the old guys that I know ,8-10 is all he has ever had for a shed, it's very crowded. But he's done it for 50 plus years, how much height do you have to work with?

Re: trapping shed layout [Re: That.darn.coon] #8127053
04/23/24 05:53 AM
04/23/24 05:53 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Your definitely going to have to utilize the ceiling. Wood strips with screw in hooks, bolted to the ceiling and you can hang fur etc.. up. Also a folding fleshing station that goes up against a wall. I'd build a lean-to off the side of the storage unit also. Traps can go in totes outside. You may want to PM The Youth Trapper. I know he was dealing with the same situation.

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: trapping shed layout [Re: That.darn.coon] #8127127
04/23/24 08:59 AM
04/23/24 08:59 AM
Pennsylvania
H
Hern Offline
trapper
Hern  Offline
trapper
H

Pennsylvania
Set up like an assembly line.
-Close to door, skinning station (why haul carcasses in/out from back of shed)
-Then, fleshing/boarding station nearby.
Less steps (walking about) in fur shed equals more rest at night.

-Very little footage is needed to skun, flesh & board. The rest of the shed is for workbench and fur drying.

-Have fur tools needed within reach without walking around or looking for a tool. You will need two or three of some tools to have one at each station vs. walking back to get a knife. Have tools within reach.

Re: trapping shed layout [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #8127137
04/23/24 09:23 AM
04/23/24 09:23 AM
North East Utah
That.darn.coon Offline OP
trapper
That.darn.coon  Offline OP
trapper

North East Utah
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
one of the old guys that I know ,8-10 is all he has ever had for a shed, it's very crowded. But he's done it for 50 plus years, how much height do you have to work with?

9 feet 6 inches is how high it is

Thanks for all the feedback

******* I save my sick days, because come winter, I'm gonna have a bad case of trappin fever *******
Re: trapping shed layout [Re: That.darn.coon] #8127146
04/23/24 10:19 AM
04/23/24 10:19 AM
eastern washinghton
70sdiver Offline
trapper
70sdiver  Offline
trapper

eastern washinghton
If you use hooks on the roof I'd recommend you weld them.As for skinning I would weld a taller structure to the roof and mount an electric winch or maybe fashion a horizontal skinning rig..Get a folding fleshing beam so you can stow it against a wall and above the rack weld in some shelfs to hold your lure and misc. stuff. Get a knife scabbard like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Knife-Scabbard-Snap-Adaptor-Plastic/dp/B06Y6HRJK8 .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread