ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Can't find the baby squirrels #8125784
04/20/24 09:21 PM
04/20/24 09:21 PM
Connecticut
J
Johnny Skunk Offline OP
trapper
Johnny Skunk  Offline OP
trapper
J

Connecticut
Seems like a standard squirrel in the attic job but I can't get to the nest. Looks like she's moved it along the eves, which are low and very difficult to get at. I can see tunnels through the fiberglass in a couple locations but can't fit myself where I need to. Is it legitimate to let the young grow to mobile age, and then catch or evict them all together? Any other suggestions?

Re: Can't find the baby squirrels [Re: Johnny Skunk] #8125803
04/20/24 10:05 PM
04/20/24 10:05 PM
Ohio
T
TrapperE Offline
trapper
TrapperE  Offline
trapper
T

Ohio
Im no expert at squirrel trapping with babies but I would let them grow a bit then start trapping them cause it will be easier and it ensures you don't have dead babies in the attic

Re: Can't find the baby squirrels [Re: Johnny Skunk] #8126011
04/21/24 10:13 AM
04/21/24 10:13 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Do you have a FLIR available? They’re cheap.

I’d probably just trap out the female. If they get bigger and start gnawing they could hit the wires. Unfortunately the babies might not make it, but that happens. I’d rather stop the damage to the structure as quick as possible.

Re: Can't find the baby squirrels [Re: Johnny Skunk] #8126131
04/21/24 01:20 PM
04/21/24 01:20 PM
Connecticut
J
Johnny Skunk Offline OP
trapper
Johnny Skunk  Offline OP
trapper
J

Connecticut
FLIR, never considered it. I've been out of the business for a decade. This sounds like a cool idea.

At this point I think I'm invested in saving the litter. The customer says she hears the babies, and at this point I think I need to save them. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread