No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fishing Lures (pic heavy) [Re: Macthediver] #8122780
04/16/24 01:11 PM
04/16/24 01:11 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Online content OP
trapper
Macthediver  Online Content OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Well seen as it is kinda a rain day. I went in the shop grabbed that piece of birch in the photo top post. Spun couple more bait body's little closer to the original shape.
They ended up looking like this right off the lathe.

[Linked Image]

After I got the ends sawed off and sanded. I put them in the water bucket for spin balance. If you look close you can see pencil marks that are top center.
Maybe after lunch I will drill holes make the front cut get coat of sealer on them. That's if I don't get sidetracked being ADD all it takes is.. Squirrel!

[Linked Image]

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Fishing Lures (pic heavy) [Re: Macthediver] #8122827
04/16/24 03:04 PM
04/16/24 03:04 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Mac the beauty of j plugs is using only a rear single hook with a short piece of rubber tail on it, and a slim trolling sinker 4’ ahead of it or so and work em in tighter for really big walleyes and trophy pike off reefs and drops. The action is irresistible.
Don’t tell anyone else.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread