No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Jews in the fur trade? [Re: beaverpeeler] #8116272
04/07/24 01:01 AM
04/07/24 01:01 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Wow they are Muslims in Turkey. I guess that explains those Mosques in Istanbul. With that 25% inflation, I bet they like U.S. dollars. What happen to all the tanneries in Kastoria?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Jews in the fur trade? [Re: beaverpeeler] #8116284
04/07/24 02:28 AM
04/07/24 02:28 AM
Siberia 🐁
T
Tatiana Offline
"Mushroom Guru"
Tatiana  Offline
"Mushroom Guru"
T

Siberia 🐁
Originally Posted by Northof50
[Those small mink have some of the best ratio of under fur /guard hair.( examples here are Maine maritime coastals and Hudson bay lowland mink)

Our mink are pretty uniform throughout their range, predictably, because they're an introduced species. Yakutian mink are different, they're glossier and darker, a dark mahogany with a cherry tinge, but they are a relatively recent introduction so there may be some ranch mink blood in them.

With 90% of Turkey being Muslim and all the tanneries being there now having moved from Greece a few years ago....now shocking news they are demanding marten

Interesting. But it's not just the tanneries I think. There's very little information on what's been going since it's mostly private deals within their diasporas going past all auctions, but you are probably right that those muslim buyers have connections primarily with Turkey. That would explain the irrational antisemitism, too. I know however that a lot of the marten the turks buy is already tanned. This includes smuggled furs. This was in the news about a year and a half ago, a couple of tourists were caught in Istanbul with 1200 undeclared "sable skins". You can see that all these skins are not sable but tanned baum marten, already without tails.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread