No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113593
04/03/24 10:59 AM
04/03/24 10:59 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
A case for non Lethal less Lethal

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113599
04/03/24 11:21 AM
04/03/24 11:21 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by warrior
My mistakes don't kill children.

You need to walk a mile in somebody's shoes before you judge.
Them.

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113610
04/03/24 11:39 AM
04/03/24 11:39 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
All these experts, yet none are actual LEO’s…very interesting.

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113617
04/03/24 11:44 AM
04/03/24 11:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I will tell you what I do know Wanna Be. When a civilian shoots somebody that doesn't need killing, even sometimes when they shoot somebody that does, they end up in prison. Why is L.E. treated differently?????

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113621
04/03/24 11:46 AM
04/03/24 11:46 AM
Virginia
G
GUNNLEG Offline
trapper
GUNNLEG  Offline
trapper
G

Virginia
Easy to Monday morning QB any of this stuff.

Think about the video of the kid with the MAGA hat on and a possom grin while the elder Native American man was is in his face. When I first saw the clip, I would have liked to smack the punk for being so disrespectful. Then I saw the entire clip and realized how badly I interpreted the encounter.

I view these clips as no different. Was it as black and white as the video portrays? What was the communication prior to getting on the scene? Unknown occupants who are armed? If they are at fault, I hope they are held accountable, but I would like to ensure that the facts play out before we assume all officers are bad.

The dad who shoots his kid during Spring Gobbler season becuase they split up and he shot at the bush moving doesn't make all of us bad hunters or fathers. The YouTube trapper who didn't anchor his DP correctly and loses a coon and a trap up a tree doesn't make us all bad trappers.

Watching one or 3 dozen videos of someone engaged in the profession doesn't make me assume that everyone is that profession is bad. I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion.

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113625
04/03/24 11:49 AM
04/03/24 11:49 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Danny you will never get through to the boot lickers. Put a uniform on a thug and they gladly bow down, submit, and wouldn't say a thing if there wife and daughters were abused by them.

I have no issue with cops, it's not a job I would want. But many cops today shouldn't be cops.

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113627
04/03/24 11:53 AM
04/03/24 11:53 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Probably a case of rushing to judgment in the heat of the moment. All cops should lose their jobs at a minimum. Most are better trained than that, I would hope.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113628
04/03/24 11:54 AM
04/03/24 11:54 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion.

I dont either

I do conclude that LE are not held to the same standard as civilians. I do conclude that LE is trained to ignore and circumnavigate peoples rights. To bring up an old post a LE member was saying pulling someone over for a ball hitch was legal.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113635
04/03/24 12:01 PM
04/03/24 12:01 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Alot of cops watch TV series and movies and think that's how reality should be.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113663
04/03/24 12:58 PM
04/03/24 12:58 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
How about the cop that unloads on his own cruiser with a person inside after a acorn falls on the roof.
Talk about being wired too tight.

At least he resigned afterwards. Hopefully he just doesn't jump to another department.

Lots of examples of bad shootings by cops.
We are in a bad place, hard to get decent applicants to be a cop, hard to get rid of bad cops.
Its going to continue to get worse.

Re: More back the blue [Re: danny clifton] #8113733
04/03/24 03:32 PM
04/03/24 03:32 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion.

I dont either

I do conclude that LE are not held to the same standard as civilians.

I don’t think the LEOs convicted in the George Floyd’s case would agree. Derick Chauvin is serving a 22+ year sentence….last Fall he was stabbed 21 times by another prisoner.

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113734
04/03/24 03:41 PM
04/03/24 03:41 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Big brown that was a bs case. Yet things like this will be let go. There are many many more cases of wrong doing that get let go and covered up vs. cops being heald accountable let alone the few that get railroaded.

Heck the female cop that was sleeping with several other cops on the clock not long ago just got a 500 k pay out from the city. O she lost her job but got 10 years of cop pay all at once

Re: More back the blue [Re: GUNNLEG] #8113749
04/03/24 04:23 PM
04/03/24 04:23 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by GUNNLEG

Think about the video of the kid with the MAGA hat on and a possom grin while the elder Native American man was is in his face. When I first saw the clip, I would have liked to smack the punk for being so disrespectful. Then I saw the entire clip and realized how badly I interpreted the encounter.

I view these clips as no different. Was it as black and white as the video portrays? What was the communication prior to getting on the scene? Unknown occupants who are armed? If they are at fault, I hope they are held accountable, but I would like to ensure that the facts play out before we assume all officers are bad.

The dad who shoots his kid during Spring Gobbler season becuase they split up and he shot at the bush moving doesn't make all of us bad hunters or fathers. The YouTube trapper who didn't anchor his DP correctly and loses a coon and a trap up a tree doesn't make us all bad trappers.

Watching one or 3 dozen videos of someone engaged in the profession doesn't make me assume that everyone is that profession is bad. I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion.

Very good insight

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113762
04/03/24 04:43 PM
04/03/24 04:43 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Stabbing one another does seem to be a popular pass time in prison.

Last edited by danny clifton; 04/03/24 04:44 PM.

Re: More back the blue [Re: 330-Trapper] #8113771
04/03/24 05:01 PM
04/03/24 05:01 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

midland, michigan
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by GUNNLEG

Very good insight

X3....if they gave out awards for monday morning quarterbacking, several folks on here would be getting the MVP.....

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113778
04/03/24 05:09 PM
04/03/24 05:09 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Lugnut mentioned a great YouTube channel a few weeks ago called Police Activity. A huge amount of police shootings and shootings of police are on it. I have watched a huge amount of their videos now. The police do make mistakes, often at their own expense, but by in large they do a good job in terrible situations.

Their channel is:

https://m.youtube.com/@PoliceActivity

Warning, a huge amount of death and serious physical harm is shown, from many different angles. The footage is raw, except that some bodies are blurred.

In my opinion, if you're not sympathetic to the police after watching many of the videos, something is majorly wrong with you.

Keith

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113779
04/03/24 05:12 PM
04/03/24 05:12 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by warrior
We 2A types have it drilled into our heads that we are accountable for every bullet we send downrange.

Five bucks says these murderers walk.

Every cop I've met (and I've met hundreds of them) are "2A types" and have "accountability" for every round drilled into their heads from day 1. People screw up, that's what people do, no matter what job they do.

In case you haven't been paying attention, this isn't a time in history to "let cops walk". A big, big feather in any prosecutor's cap to imprison a cop. And they are standing on each other for that chance.

Now back to human's (no matter how good you think you are) screw up at times. But as some like to point out, one mistake, even a much smaller one than this one and we just label them all "Bad cops" because its easy and we don't have to think.

Grind that ax, man, Grind it! Don't fall off that high horse, though. It's a LONG way down.

Last edited by Calvin; 04/03/24 05:13 PM.
Re: More back the blue [Re: KeithC] #8113807
04/03/24 05:49 PM
04/03/24 05:49 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by KeithC
Lugnut mentioned a great YouTube channel a few weeks ago called Police Activity. A huge amount of police shootings and shootings of police are on it. I have watched a huge amount of their videos now. The police do make mistakes, often at their own expense, but by in large they do a good job in terrible situations.

Their channel is:

https://m.youtube.com/@PoliceActivity

Warning, a huge amount of death and serious physical harm is shown, from many different angles. The footage is raw, except that some bodies are blurred.

In my opinion, if you're not sympathetic to the police after watching many of the videos, something is majorly wrong with you.

Keith

i'm glad you found it interesting enough to watch bunch Keith. They show the good and the bad shootings, no bias.

It doesn't surprise me that YouTube demonetized their channel.

It's one of my favorite channels.

Watching the violence and the crazies some cops have to deal with give a person a different perspective on the job.

Eh...wot?

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113816
04/03/24 06:04 PM
04/03/24 06:04 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
There’s certain folks on here that would definitely vote to defund the police, but would call in a second when they needed them.
LEO’s are humans like every one of us. They aren’t Gods. They aren’t without faults. All they are, are folks who stood up and answered the to serve.
Are mistakes made? Yes!
Will more mistakes be made? Yes!
I’ve said it in every LEO bashing post…why don’t y’all folks step up and join?
It comes down to training. Look at the military for an example. You take guys straight off the street and send them to boot camp, then a school, then to battle…lives are lost and mistakes are made.
Now take the folks who have experience and more/better training…SOF guys. While they still make mistakes and lose their life, it’s at an exponential less rate.
Until you put yourself in their shoes, you’re nothing more than a tabloid. I’d do this, they did this wrong, etc…Most of y’all don’t have a clue other than “think” what you might do. And to be honest, that’s all anyone can honestly say is how they THINK they would react. Until you’ve been is constant situations where that adrenaline is flooding your system you have no clue except to sit back and critique every time a police officer does anything wrong. I’ll say it again, if y’all are such professionals, step up and show us how its done.

Re: More back the blue [Re: warrior] #8113817
04/03/24 06:07 PM
04/03/24 06:07 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
And for the record, I don’t have the patience to be an officer. I’m not arguing with an idiot for 10min do get them to do as asked. I’m not chasing someone. And where y’all disagree…I’m going home at the end of my shift. Play stupid games and I’d give you your stupid prize.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread