No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cars trucks suvs [Re: ceelmo.trap] #8112491
04/01/24 03:26 PM
04/01/24 03:26 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I would like to start a company call it KIT motors
would be all kit cars , make them modular enough that you sell them in pieces

KITs

start off based something right around 20-25 years old so that you could still get parts from regular sources to keep costs down

buy the body on a frame separate from the box and the engine and transmission.

because it is a kit and based on a >20 year old design hobbyist plates apply

I work on cars for my self and I fix phones by day , so I have no actual experience running a car company
but it is a bit of a dream

I like rubber floors , bench seats , crank windows , and manual locks
I do like AC too hot not to have AC
but I would want manual blend doors on levers.
I want a truck that I can drive around comfortable enough but can get dirty and use also

second model would be some sort of SUV type thing on the same or very similar frame

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 04/01/24 03:28 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Cars trucks suvs [Re: ceelmo.trap] #8112496
04/01/24 03:40 PM
04/01/24 03:40 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
manufacturers would rather sell a loaded truck over a plain jane, dealers would rather do the same and most Americans are more than willing to put themselves deeper into hock for some creature comforts and perceived status that a loaded vehicle supposedly has.
How many times have you had a dealer try talk you out of a fancy vehicle for a more plain one? It never happens.

That's how we got into this mess of your average Pickup costing over 60K, adjusted for inflation a new Plain Jane F150 from the '60s-'70's would run a little over 17K,
I know there are more costs associated with a newer one due to emissions and safety forced on us by Uncle Sam but not 20K worth.
The very base F150 now is just over 36K MSRP. Over twice the price and that's accounting for inflation.
Too much stuff on the base model that's not needed. Now with the economy hurting they'd be selling the plain janes like hot cakes.
Look at the Maverick, they start at 24K MSRP and they are selling them like crazy.

Re: Cars trucks suvs [Re: ceelmo.trap] #8112994
04/02/24 12:09 PM
04/02/24 12:09 PM
MN
C
ceelmo.trap Offline OP
trapper
ceelmo.trap  Offline OP
trapper
C

MN
Todays trucks are nothing more than teched out full size SUV with a small box on the back that sits way to high 70k plus.Again why do we need all that that may never be used, because they do not build anything that is not all loaded up and cheaper and you have no choice but to buy whats on the lot that is how they want it Would it not be nice to have more of a choice.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread