Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Vintage traps - What do I have? #8111462
03/30/24 07:18 PM
03/30/24 07:18 PM
OR
R
RandB Offline OP
trapper
RandB  Offline OP
trapper
R

OR
Hi gang. I'm new here, please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I have three vintage traps. All three of these have teeth. The largest one (with tape measure in photo) is almost 47 inches across with the sides open. (Forgive my ignorance, I don't know the terminology.)

What do I have? What other photos should I get to provide more information? Any guesstimates of ball park values?

Thanks so much for any help and info.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Technologist. Outdoor enthusiast.
Re: Vintage traps - What do I have? [Re: RandB] #8111601
03/30/24 10:29 PM
03/30/24 10:29 PM
ne iowa
R
roztocki Offline
trapper
roztocki  Offline
trapper
R

ne iowa
Get ready for your inbox to fill up. Those look like some potentially really good traps so long as there’s no damage. Pictures of pans and top of springs would be helpful. Also we would like to hear the story on how you acquired them or any history.

Last edited by roztocki; 03/30/24 10:34 PM. Reason: Additional questions
Re: Vintage traps - What do I have? [Re: roztocki] #8111859
03/31/24 12:15 PM
03/31/24 12:15 PM
OR
R
RandB Offline OP
trapper
RandB  Offline OP
trapper
R

OR
I'll take some more closeup photos. I bought an old property and these traps are hanging on the side of the building as decoration. The family of the previous owners are all outdoorsmen. I don't know all the history or when they were used, but they have been hanging there for a long time, going back a couple generations.

Technologist. Outdoor enthusiast.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector