No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Watching the story of Moses #8108808
03/27/24 07:39 AM
03/27/24 07:39 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Online content OP
trapper
west river rogue  Online Content OP
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Awesome. Thank you Lord for showing this to me

Re: Watching the story of Moses [Re: west river rogue] #8108823
03/27/24 08:13 AM
03/27/24 08:13 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
I watched something the other day where they tried to follow the events in the bible. The guy doing it said it didn't make sense to part the red sea b/c it wasn't on the way of where they were trying to go. His theory was that it was the reed sea and that red sea is a typo lost in translation. Turns out the Reed Sea is in an area and is made up so that when the wind is out of one direction the water really recedes and his thought was that was the scientific explanation for it. Then there was more to it b/c the religious story goes on that the waters rushed in and killed the army chasing them but then they talked about how that was actually another known battle in history and over time the two stories just came together. Something interesting I thought.

Re: Watching the story of Moses [Re: OhioBoy] #8108836
03/27/24 08:36 AM
03/27/24 08:36 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
I watched something the other day where they tried to follow the events in the bible. The guy doing it said it didn't make sense to part the red sea b/c it wasn't on the way of where they were trying to go. His theory was that it was the reed sea and that red sea is a typo lost in translation. Turns out the Reed Sea is in an area and is made up so that when the wind is out of one direction the water really recedes and his thought was that was the scientific explanation for it. Then there was more to it b/c the religious story goes on that the waters rushed in and killed the army chasing them but then they talked about how that was actually another known battle in history and over time the two stories just came together. Something interesting I thought.

I have discussed that before with a Reed Sea believer with no avail. At the end of the discussion I told him it would have even been a bigger miracle when Pharaoh and his army pursued them and they were drowned in only inches of water, lol.

Re: Watching the story of Moses [Re: west river rogue] #8108840
03/27/24 08:44 AM
03/27/24 08:44 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Yeah I think they were saying that supposedly happened in some other place and was actually some other battle. I don't remember what exactly I was only half watching. It was on Netflix I think something about the science of the bible or something like that.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread