No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Choke tubes [Re: Mando] #8107880
03/25/24 09:42 PM
03/25/24 09:42 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Someone mentioned it, but the ammo makes a difference as well. I have a dedicated gun/choke/ammo for turkeys. I KNOW when I pull the trigger it’s a dead bird out to a distance I rarely even shoot, but it’s nice to know I can. With that said even trying a mass produced ammo from different manufacturers in the same shot and weight will throw a different pattern. You’d think a 1 5/8oz load would be the same no matter what, but it isn’t. So yeah, I have enough ammo for a lifetime. I even call and order it and get all the same lot number. I shoot one shell from each batch of lot numbers and haven’t had a shell not perform and that’s 8.5’s, 9’s, and even 10’s. All my out of state birds last year were shot with the #10’s. 17-42yds. The 42 was on a pasture in Montana and I didn’t have the best cover and they had topped a rise and didn’t see the hen that should’ve been there.
My wing shooting is just with factory chokes and Rio shells. For some reason whether it’s their dove loads or duck loads, they just pattern the best in my 12ga with both IC and Mod.

Re: Choke tubes [Re: Mando] #8107964
03/26/24 01:35 AM
03/26/24 01:35 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
I have a complete set (6) of Carlson extended tubes in my competition gun. Work great if I'm doing my job. I use Carlson's Delta Waterfowl series in my semi-auto waterfowler, have no complaints.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread