No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102388
03/18/24 05:59 AM
03/18/24 05:59 AM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
who knew drones are such a hot button issue

Probably just some kid playing with his new toy cool

Last edited by ILcooner; 03/18/24 06:02 AM.
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Wanna Be] #8102401
03/18/24 06:29 AM
03/18/24 06:29 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I know a guy that sold his pressure washing business and got into the drone business. He does everything from deer recovery to roof and building surveys. He’s even done property mapping. Business is good for him right now. Pretty sure is someone shot his drone down, he would win in court and whoever shot it would be doing time and paying restitution.
I’ve learned that those that “are capable” don’t ever talk about it or post about it, they just do it. Lots of keyboard warriors on every site. Or either those just looking for attention.

Police are sympathetic to complaints of drones, police don't like cameras. First admendment auditors are using drones and handheld cameras in the popular police harassment tactic that pays, when officers step out of bounds with civil rights.
If I take out your drone for what I feel is peeping or spying. Do what you feel you need to do. I'll be waiting on my property for you to show up, and give me a dirty look. I'll still be there when police show up. I will have called my attorney already. How much fight you putting up for your drone? I know how much I'll put up to protect my privacy on my property.
Just a matter of time for laws to catch up with tecnology.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102429
03/18/24 07:27 AM
03/18/24 07:27 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
if you have a smart phone, you've already ceded your "right" to privacy.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: white marlin] #8102514
03/18/24 09:55 AM
03/18/24 09:55 AM
Iowa
S
slue-foot Offline
trapper
slue-foot  Offline
trapper
S

Iowa
Smart phones, Smart TVs, video games and THAT thing that sits on your counter at home or office and listens to your every command - "shut off lights" or play " this song" - THING HEARS/LISTENS?RECORDS everything you say. You have lost privacy in your own home with this "crap."

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102520
03/18/24 10:07 AM
03/18/24 10:07 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Just talked to my wife she is with the boys at 4 H learning how to fly drones the next few days. Air to air combat may be in the near future.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102523
03/18/24 10:10 AM
03/18/24 10:10 AM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Only personally know a few guys with decent drones but they all have them insured with the manufacturer. As such the operator doesnt need to go looking for it as a new one will
show up on their door step within a couple of days of filing a claim. But the company does know the drones exact last/current gps location along with detailed video footage that was being recorded and the flight records of what/when the operator was doing with controller. Just keep in mind that in those cases things definately might not be financially/legally in your favor if you get caught shooting it down AND the operator was legally within the FAA rules as the manufacturer with deep pockets may pursue that recovery to the fullest legal extent just out of business principle

I imagine police response for drones is like everything else and greatly varies by area. Most departments around here of any size have police drones that they use so not sure what type of response I'd personally expect if I called them saying a drone was hovering around me. A few years ago it seemed common to see drones flying all over in the summer but the fad seems to be over. I think most were pretty cheap and likely belonged to the neighbor kids. But with most high tech stuff the price point is dropping and the quality increasing. I very seldom see a drone flying around anymore as most are up in the 3-400 foot range and cruising along at a good clip.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102574
03/18/24 11:02 AM
03/18/24 11:02 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
See what happens when you take all politics off the forum, You get grown men fighting over toys.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102722
03/18/24 02:46 PM
03/18/24 02:46 PM
Kanabec Cty, MN
D
Drakej Offline
trapper
Drakej  Offline
trapper
D

Kanabec Cty, MN
Going to be interesting when they really start deliveries using "drones", lol.

I've learned enough thru the years to now know that I don't know enough. KNOWLEDGE IS FREEDOM.
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Feedinggrounds] #8102729
03/18/24 03:03 PM
03/18/24 03:03 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Police are sympathetic to complaints of drones, police don't like cameras.

Unlessit hanging on a traffic light!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread