No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101739
03/17/24 01:14 PM
03/17/24 01:14 PM
WV
R
redsnow Offline
trapper
redsnow  Offline
trapper
R

WV
Above I told you about my buddy that got his "drone license". He told me at the time the rules, it needs to be in sight and can't go up more than 400 feet.

A while back he did take drone pictures of a man's property. The man recently built 3 spring fed ponds, he intends to raise and sell trout. Pay for fishing ponds. Really, you'd never be able to get those pictures from the ground.

Another guy posted a video, last fall when our leaves where at their peak colors. He took his drone up, made a slow easy 360* rotation, that was a nice video. Not like being there in person, but still better than just a still photo.

I know another guy that posted a video of a ball game, Little League or something? Not the whole game, maybe a 5 minute video? It was clear enough that I could read the numbers on the players shirts. So they do have their uses.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101802
03/17/24 02:55 PM
03/17/24 02:55 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
Again, the thing has a camera and gps, in real time, you shoot it and there's a video feed to the operator of the shooter and exactly where it is. Now I don't care if they get shot or not, but it makes more sense to be "under cover", no sense proving you did it. Jamming at least won't show images, but that equipment would probably have to be home made. Probably very doable as those things only run on 2 frequencies, or so I hear.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: gcs] #8101833
03/17/24 03:31 PM
03/17/24 03:31 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Shoot down the drone. Get a knife. Wipe your prints of it. Throw it down next to the shot down drone. Tell law = Drone brought a knife to a gun fight ! LOL!!!!

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101857
03/17/24 04:14 PM
03/17/24 04:14 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Massac

Do you want my address I will pm it to you!!! Fly it below or at tree or roof top level and you can pick it up in piece. Stay up at a reasonable higth you may fare better.

You sound like a typical chest pounding keyboard commando. Come down and see if we are thumb sucking bed wetter's. I'm sure my 11 or 13 year old can handle any issues you may bring without having to bother there mother and I. Something about raising real men not key board commandos playing with remote control toys. If it's reasonable heigth and respectful there is no issues. Hang out to long or two low there going to be issues.

Pm me if you want my address.

Edit. Copied and sent in a pm. .

Your boys were the ones that heard the drone according to your original post. Why did they not handle it like you said in the above? Sounds like they bothered their mother and father to me. I think you really need to cool your jets, maybe it's working those 16 hour days.

So start with they were surprised. Their mom asked them what they were heading out the door so fast with shotguns for. Assuming predator or groundhog not drone. Naturally she was surprised then bothered when she watched it.

So no my wife asked them not them her and she asked me if it was legal for someone to fly it around the house and be ok for the boys to shoot it down. I said it may not be legal I'm not sure but I don't care if it's low and scoping out the house thank it down if they need to.

Yes, not many are made to work 16 hr days. Must be another overly sensitive victim of the times. Sad to see it affecting so many. I don't really care if you don't like my response or the hurt feelings drone operator doesn't like it that he can't fly his drone around people's home with no issues. There are still Americas left that won't cower and be walked on. The drone operator with his bed wetting and If someone would shoot my drone down like he was a big man and going to do something is what got my response.

If he is not flying his drown where and how it shouldn't be using respect and courtesy he won't have problems. Use it rudely in some places he will not have a drone. If he came looking for it like he was a big man with aggression after flying it close enough and long enough around my place for it to be destroyed it would not end well for him. But like all keyboard commandos if he would do anything it would be call someone else to come out not man enough to come get it himself.

Like I said if you don't like the assessment head back over to your safe space.

It was most likely some jack leg with a new toy. They got a pass once.

So instead of actually doing something yourself...you head to Tman to air your grievances and moan......did you need reassurance from Tman folks? Sounds like another insecure Tman keyboard warrior. Here...you want some advice....contact your local law enforcement. See....pretty easy tough guy.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101869
03/17/24 04:25 PM
03/17/24 04:25 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Well Ltrman, when your 127 miles from home at work it though to do anything about it. As far as making a post on trapper man I figured it's something that is going to become more and more common as drones become cheaper and in wider use. So it the topic is discussed here it will be in people's minds and they will think about what they are legal to do or if they don't care have a rough plan and are not caught flat footed.

Looks like we have yet another big talker that opens his mouth before thinking it asking questions. Another drone operator that thinks he can do whatever he wants with us drone perhaps? Or maybe just another overly sensitive product of today's soft body and mind weak product of society?

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101951
03/17/24 05:58 PM
03/17/24 05:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Might as well urinate into the wind as call L.E. here

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: danny clifton] #8101992
03/17/24 06:32 PM
03/17/24 06:32 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Exactly.

Funny how all the pro dron gus know they can't fly over government buildings and many tracks of state forest and are ok with that but feel like they have the right to fly over private property and do as they please. Sure if they are respectful don't hang out and stay at a Good height. But don't be surprised when and if operated rud and disrespectful if you get a reaction you don't like.

I'm guessing they are the same that like common sense gun control, don't see why anyone wants an AR 15, and would be happy if all semi automatic guns were banned as long as they can keep their model 60 Marlin, auto 5, and 1100 Remington.

Classic example of boot lickers, mixed with entitlement mentally for a lot of them. No concept of respect personal space, consequences.

Reminds me of a kid In middle school at recess. Bully thought he could yell, scream, posture, and come over and push younger smaller kids around. I guess he thought his size and age would be intimidating and every kid would cower, like all the other kids over the year, or at worst it would be a come on man do something with a push then push back and forth with neither willing to throw a punch and leave him to feel like a big tough guy. Funny thing I watch take place several times over the year. But he was surprised when he finally got around to one guy that didn't wait for the push to contact and had thrown his punch as the bully stepped in to push adding all his forward momentum to impact force of the well thrown and placed punch promptly dropping him in what quick became a puddle of blood.

He was crying as he was carried away hands catching the blood flowing out of his mouth and nose and almost in shock and keep repeating why did you hit me over and over. Actions create reaction. Never saw that guy bully anyone again at least until I left that school system mid sophomore year. I got 3 days of in school suspension since the recess attendents had seen the pattern many times and were happy to see different results this time vouched for me that the bully got what he deserved. Looking back the kid was troubled had a bad home life and all but as a kid on the playground that was never even though about.

That type talks big then needs goverment force to back them up when their poor behavior doesn't get the desired results. They bow down to the same government force while talking about the constitution and their rights as long as they can walk on others rights.

Today parents would get on to their kids and cower to the school staff, the bully would end up protected and kid being pushed around punished. It's all part of the program to build a weak society that won't stand up to the government force. It's sad so many refuse to see it .

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8101999
03/17/24 06:34 PM
03/17/24 06:34 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I know a guy that sold his pressure washing business and got into the drone business. He does everything from deer recovery to roof and building surveys. He’s even done property mapping. Business is good for him right now. Pretty sure is someone shot his drone down, he would win in court and whoever shot it would be doing time and paying restitution.
I’ve learned that those that “are capable” don’t ever talk about it or post about it, they just do it. Lots of keyboard warriors on every site. Or either those just looking for attention.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102087
03/17/24 08:01 PM
03/17/24 08:01 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
No problem. Just petition the FFA to remove your property from class G airspace. I'm not sure it has ever been done; but if anyone can do it ,it would be you. If it does nothing else, it should keep your boys out of Juvie. smirk

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: T-Rex] #8102187
03/17/24 08:57 PM
03/17/24 08:57 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Call a good friend. A GOOD friend would slip up the road in his gillie suit with a shotgun. Blast the drone out of the air. Then leave. Try proving who shot down the drone then !!! LOL!

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102191
03/17/24 09:01 PM
03/17/24 09:01 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
This thread turned out great-Hilarious.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Boco] #8102201
03/17/24 09:09 PM
03/17/24 09:09 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Boco

It is rather funny! I’m enjoying it as much as the Wellers Reserve tonight! LOL!

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Boco] #8102202
03/17/24 09:10 PM
03/17/24 09:10 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.

Yep.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Wanna Be] #8102212
03/17/24 09:15 PM
03/17/24 09:15 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I know a guy that sold his pressure washing business and got into the drone business. He does everything from deer recovery to roof and building surveys. He’s even done property mapping. Business is good for him right now. Pretty sure is someone shot his drone down, he would win in court and whoever shot it would be doing time and paying restitution.
I’ve learned that those that “are capable” don’t ever talk about it or post about it, they just do it. Lots of keyboard warriors on every site. Or either those just looking for attention.

And I'm sure your friend is above roof level at least 50 and not hanging around people homes unwanted. Again two very different things. I don't say a thing about all the small air craft that practice over the farm all summer long. On guy always turning off his engine gliding for a while then firing it back up. Irritating to listen to but not causing any problems . He stays at above 400' . Drone Is fine it it stays away from the house and at above the roof and tree height. Infact I think that's part of the requirements. It's catching them and running through the channels that make it hard to impossible to inforce.

Seems to be a major disconnect for many of the members on here. There is a difference between running droend for fun and business in respectable manor vs flying one low around someones house and yard at window level and hanging out looking around uninvited. Some sort of mental block I guess.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102219
03/17/24 09:20 PM
03/17/24 09:20 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Here PF hold my beer. I got this!!!! LOL!!

IMG_0926.jpeg
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: steeltraps] #8102230
03/17/24 09:27 PM
03/17/24 09:27 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by steeltraps
Here PF hold my beer. I got this!!!! LOL!!

Exactly,. But it was likely a one off thing of someone playing with their new toy. As far as line of sight ant the operator being close there was no way they were line of sight the way my house is in a valley. I own everything behind us a few hund yards and everything to the south 1/2 mile. Two houses can be seen from mine and one I'd my dad's the other a good friend. All the ground to the north300 acre's was bought by an Amish guy and the couple hundred to the east is another family that's had it for about 100 years. It's not from anyone around here and they were not very close or would have been seen if they could have Been within sight of the drone.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 03/17/24 09:28 PM.
Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102258
03/17/24 09:48 PM
03/17/24 09:48 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Well Ltrman, when your 127 miles from home at work it though to do anything about it. As far as making a post on trapper man I figured it's something that is going to become more and more common as drones become cheaper and in wider use. So it the topic is discussed here it will be in people's minds and they will think about what they are legal to do or if they don't care have a rough plan and are not caught flat footed.

Looks like we have yet another big talker that opens his mouth before thinking it asking questions. Another drone operator that thinks he can do whatever he wants with us drone perhaps? Or maybe just another overly sensitive product of today's soft body and mind weak product of society?

I'm not a drone operator tough guy. But my first reaction to an issue involving my family isn't to run to Tman to whine about it and be consoled. You have a phone that works more than 127 miles? Why not use it. The only snowflake is apparently you....who needs approval from strangers before you protect your family from scary things...imagined or not.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Boco] #8102263
03/17/24 09:50 PM
03/17/24 09:50 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa

Most of them do.....it's the grown men's coffee klatch.

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102269
03/17/24 09:55 PM
03/17/24 09:55 PM
Iowa
L
Ltrman Offline
trapper
Ltrman  Offline
trapper
L

Iowa
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Exactly.

Funny how all the pro dron gus know they can't fly over government buildings and many tracks of state forest and are ok with that but feel like they have the right to fly over private property and do as they please. Sure if they are respectful don't hang out and stay at a Good height. But don't be surprised when and if operated rud and disrespectful if you get a reaction you don't like.

I'm guessing they are the same that like common sense gun control, don't see why anyone wants an AR 15, and would be happy if all semi automatic guns were banned as long as they can keep their model 60 Marlin, auto 5, and 1100 Remington.

Classic example of boot lickers, mixed with entitlement mentally for a lot of them. No concept of respect personal space, consequences.

Reminds me of a kid In middle school at recess. Bully thought he could yell, scream, posture, and come over and push younger smaller kids around. I guess he thought his size and age would be intimidating and every kid would cower, like all the other kids over the year, or at worst it would be a come on man do something with a push then push back and forth with neither willing to throw a punch and leave him to feel like a big tough guy. Funny thing I watch take place several times over the year. But he was surprised when he finally got around to one guy that didn't wait for the push to contact and had thrown his punch as the bully stepped in to push adding all his forward momentum to impact force of the well thrown and placed punch promptly dropping him in what quick became a puddle of blood.

He was crying as he was carried away hands catching the blood flowing out of his mouth and nose and almost in shock and keep repeating why did you hit me over and over. Actions create reaction. Never saw that guy bully anyone again at least until I left that school system mid sophomore year. I got 3 days of in school suspension since the recess attendents had seen the pattern many times and were happy to see different results this time vouched for me that the bully got what he deserved. Looking back the kid was troubled had a bad home life and all but as a kid on the playground that was never even though about.

That type talks big then needs goverment force to back them up when their poor behavior doesn't get the desired results. They bow down to the same government force while talking about the constitution and their rights as long as they can walk on others rights.

Today parents would get on to their kids and cower to the school staff, the bully would end up protected and kid being pushed around punished. It's all part of the program to build a weak society that won't stand up to the government force. It's sad so many refuse to see it .

Have you ever heard the saying "Brevity is the soul of wit"? Oh never mind...that diatribe says all I need to know

Re: Drone flying around the house!!! [Re: Providence Farm] #8102325
03/17/24 11:56 PM
03/17/24 11:56 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
I would let it pass and quickly don a headnet, grab a 12 ga & some # 7 1/2 shotshells, get off the property and try to intercept it right then and there, or study it's flight route for a future encounter.

Just once inside 45 yds, and it's lights out on that sucker, and they won't be finding it either.

Member - FTA
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread