No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Beaver gig pics [Re: loosanarrow] #8099544
03/14/24 02:54 PM
03/14/24 02:54 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline OP
trapper
Trapset  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by loosanarrow
First time I retrieved something with one was when I was testing prototypes. Took a beav out of a 1216 and the trigger was gone. I raked around for it a while, nothing. Thought to myself, maybe I will come back with a fishing magn… hey wait, I have magnets right here. Somehow that trigger was flung over 6 feet away underwater. Even with the magnets it took a bit to find because I did not expect it be that far away. Since then I have used it to find several overboard items - most recently my pliers in muck so soft I watched them hit bottom and disappear under the goo. It is a nice bonus feature sometimes.

Fer sure! The more uses one item has in my bag the better!

Re: Beaver gig pics [Re: Trapset] #8101031
03/16/24 03:27 PM
03/16/24 03:27 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline OP
trapper
Trapset  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
Had a little shear pin replacement project on the line today.
Down to catching onezee twozees and no traps in the boat so bringing the pup along for front weight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread