No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question about deer and rabbit dogs [Re: Yellowbelly] #8082203
02/20/24 05:46 PM
02/20/24 05:46 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
I've NEVER had a bit of trouble getting a Beagle used to living in the house, and most of them drive you nuts always wanting to go out to sniff around, and you gotta yell and scream at them to get them to come back in, unless the weather is really nasty! Only had one that was a pain to housebreak, 6 1/2 yrs old and if you miss the signals, you get a puddle on the floor if your lucky, or on the bed if your not!
I always train mine from a puppy to come to a coach's whistle, because that sound carries a LOT further than a voice, and avoids confusion with other hunters around. Plus, I hang a fishing bell from their collar to help me keep track of them in heavy cover, and they know that means NO SCREWING AROUND!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Question about deer and rabbit dogs [Re: Yellowbelly] #8082270
02/20/24 07:47 PM
02/20/24 07:47 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
My issue with having beagles in the house is they tend to have an odor to them. Greasy hair too.

Re: Question about deer and rabbit dogs [Re: Yellowbelly] #8082275
02/20/24 07:59 PM
02/20/24 07:59 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Never once had those problems.

Re: Question about deer and rabbit dogs [Re: Yellowbelly] #8096530
03/09/24 09:27 PM
03/09/24 09:27 PM
MO
D
Dstone1992 Offline
trapper
Dstone1992  Offline
trapper
D

MO
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
No shock collar yet. I'm still not sure he is even going to make it. He was out there for a while before I found him. Ribs hips and even backbone are visible and he can barely walk. I was more or less brining him home so he could pass in comfort but he is hanging in there. We've been giving home eggs witch worked miracles when my puppy got parvovirus. And of course regular dog food. I'm going to get a shock collar if he starts getting active I was looking at them today at tractor supply.

Can we get an update?

Re: Question about deer and rabbit dogs [Re: Yellowbelly] #8097724
03/11/24 04:39 PM
03/11/24 04:39 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
My Beagles are death on Rabbits, but a Coon moved into the barn and was actually playing and sleeping with them?????

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread