Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Traps being flipped out of ground #8096773
03/10/24 09:25 AM
03/10/24 09:25 AM
MO
B
BC-Buck Offline OP
trapper
BC-Buck  Offline OP
trapper
B

MO
Only had two days to trap but stumbled on good fresh coyote sign. Set 6 dirt hole along road for farm equipment. Had three traps set off first day with no sign of capture. Day two had 3 set off and one still set upside down. No sign of digging at set and bait pulled out of deep hole, left at hole entrance. Do you think racoon learned to pull loose jaw without getting caught?

Re: Traps being flipped out of ground [Re: BC-Buck] #8096790
03/10/24 09:44 AM
03/10/24 09:44 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Coon....yep!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Traps being flipped out of ground [Re: BC-Buck] #8096888
03/10/24 12:02 PM
03/10/24 12:02 PM
South Louisiana
T
Trappeur Gunny Offline
trapper
Trappeur Gunny  Offline
trapper
T

South Louisiana
You need to take out the trash before you get to the good stuff. I'd carpet bomb the place with DPs and blindsets. I had a problem early this season with coons doing the same thing in a fantastic bobcat area. I spent a week raging war on them. When I finished no one in the area saw a coon on a game camera and the sign faded out. I set new bobcat sets and in 4 days with just 4 sets on a little raise I hammered 6 bobcats and a yote.

One area I took out 67 coons in one run of my traps. I kept on them and ended up with a fantasic haul of yotes, bobcats, foxes, and mink. Anytime I get a flipped trap or one set off, I go on a coon killing spree.

Last edited by Trappeur Gunny; 03/10/24 12:07 PM.
Re: Traps being flipped out of ground [Re: Trappeur Gunny] #8096922
03/10/24 12:56 PM
03/10/24 12:56 PM
MO
B
BC-Buck Offline OP
trapper
BC-Buck  Offline OP
trapper
B

MO
Originally Posted by Trappeur Gunny
You need to take out the trash before you get to the good stuff. I'd carpet bomb the place with DPs and blindsets. I had a problem early this season with coons doing the same thing in a fantastic bobcat area. I spent a week raging war on them. When I finished no one in the area saw a coon on a game camera and the sign faded out. I set new bobcat sets and in 4 days with just 4 sets on a little raise I hammered 6 bobcats and a yote.

One area I took out 67 coons in one run of my traps. I kept on them and ended up with a fantasic haul of yotes, bobcats, foxes, and mink. Anytime I get a flipped trap or one set off, I go on a coon killing spree.

I knew should have ran coon off first. Only thing good that came out of this learning experience is I dont feel the flipper is still among us. Now need to work on his family.

Re: Traps being flipped out of ground [Re: BC-Buck] #8097540
03/11/24 10:30 AM
03/11/24 10:30 AM
N.E. Nebr
L
LDW Offline
trapper
LDW  Offline
trapper
L

N.E. Nebr
Yep, coon. I've had traps out of the bed, stretched the length of chain, upside down and still set. Them little fingers are about like ours.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91