No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Help Setting #14 Jumps [Re: mad_mike] #8093753
03/06/24 12:04 PM
03/06/24 12:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by mad_mike
I have the setters from Dave, but GREENCOUNTYPETE has the win IMO. The back of the top jaw holding the pan up seems to solve one of the major problem, the OV14’s pan to frame fitment has a bunch of slop.
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
channel locks
[Linked Image]

don't give me too much credit the top jaw of the pliers wasn't holding it up when I compressed it , but I switched hands to take the picture after I had the dog set so it may look like it
yes they do have very wobbly pans , I only have a few of the jumps

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Help Setting #14 Jumps [Re: Lance Squires] #8094095
03/06/24 09:44 PM
03/06/24 09:44 PM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

49th State
Photo-trickery…. I tried the Channel Locks. Not a bad way to set them….

Re: Help Setting #14 Jumps [Re: Lance Squires] #8094643
03/07/24 06:26 PM
03/07/24 06:26 PM
Wisconsin
L
Lance Squires Offline OP
trapper
Lance Squires  Offline OP
trapper
L

Wisconsin
I didn't have much luck with the channel lock but I may need a larger one. I did have luck with vice-grips. I set them ahead of time and put a chunk of lumber (Mchewks idea) under the pan to keep them from firing. I can pull them in my sled and haven't had any fire. Thanks for all your help everyone.

57 years trapping. It's who I am. Every day is still as exciting as it was when I was a kid but a little more work.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread