No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: writing to land owners [Re: chippewatrapper] #8093910
03/06/24 04:34 PM
03/06/24 04:34 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
If the landowner is not local writing/calling might be the only option if you can gather their information. Plat books, Onx or register of deeds, ajoinig landowners might be helpful to start out.

If you do write include a self addressed stamped envelope or ask them to call you collect if you request a call back.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: writing to land owners [Re: chippewatrapper] #8093916
03/06/24 04:47 PM
03/06/24 04:47 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Chippewatrapper PM me or call. I'll tell you how I do it. Deer are always a tough sell. Turkey I could probably help you get on a property or two around here. I know a few that'll probably take my word on you being a respectful young man.

Is this permission for you or you and your dad?

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: writing to land owners [Re: chippewatrapper] #8093941
03/06/24 05:35 PM
03/06/24 05:35 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
As most have said, go see the landowners in person whenever possible.

I do send letters thanking each and every land owner who gave me permission to hunt and/or trap every year. And I ask every year as well. I don't just assume permission is permanent. I consider it an annual privilege.

These tactics have led to land owners recommending me to other landowners. Many of them are farmers and want the coon and foxes gone.

Eh...wot?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread