No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Trappin Arkansas] #8090919
03/02/24 06:43 PM
03/02/24 06:43 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by Trappin Arkansas
Just Remember to knock there teeth out a hog can’t digest teeth lol

Rats even chewed up mostof the Teeth. I know this because on the news they stated that they had to use DNA to find out who it was because the teeth were chewed so bad they could not use Dental Records.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8090922
03/02/24 06:46 PM
03/02/24 06:46 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
That is why I liked the old Milwaukee County Sherriff David Clarke. He was smart enough and stated that shooting a Criminal that breaks into your home sends a clear message to the other Criminals that they need a different choice in Careers. We need more of that thinking.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: bowhunter27295] #8090971
03/02/24 07:17 PM
03/02/24 07:17 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Mn ain't a liberal state!
The Metro area is.

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Defending yourself is a concept not many people can relate to. You have an inherent natural desire not to kill someone. There can be a hesitation just because you don't want to kill someone due to the problems it will cause. You just want them to go away.

When you shoot someone it can be like a bad shot on a deer or any other animal. You actually watch them die. Crying, rolling in agony, jerking and at the end probably gurgling and gasping for breath. Be ready for this and know they are nothing but an animal and at that moment, you are also.

I say this not to deter anyone from defending themselves. I say this to prepare you for what may come so you are mentally ready for what will happen after the bullet leaves the barrel. Aim center mass with at least 2-4 shots then 1-2 in the head. That way you will not have to hear any thing out of the person who underestimated you. You will have blood and brain splatter on you. Ignore that and accept it in the moment. You claim to be physically ready. Accept this paragraph as to what you need to do to be mentally ready. I pray to GOD I NEVER have to kill anyone.

I plan to do everything I can to run away.

I hope I NEVER have to defend myself but I work in the armpit of NC in Greensboro. Crime is rising at an alarming rate. I am physically and mentally ready.

I do worry about the court costs though.

I agree to a certain extent. If you see the perp go down after two shots and the threat has been erased, I would not place one to two more shots in the head for good measure especially if there are cameras around. I would say Police are also able to determine the angle of a bullet entering the body. If the perp has the gun not visible under his body while laying on the floor and still moving that may be a different story.

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 03/02/24 07:24 PM.
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091191
03/02/24 11:11 PM
03/02/24 11:11 PM
NV
2bit Offline
trapper
2bit  Offline
trapper

NV
As long as there is only one story and the person laying on the ground has a long wrap sheet, things will be in your favor. It doesn't take a genius to know when you're in immediate danger of major injury or death.

Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091213
03/02/24 11:46 PM
03/02/24 11:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
2bit, some states you might be better off to let the outlaw shoot you.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091215
03/02/24 11:52 PM
03/02/24 11:52 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I live so far off the beaten path that it would be a hard decision if someone actually came here to my house and made me shoot them. It really seems as if disposing of the body would be a lot easier than dealing with the authorities.

But on the other hand, what if they told their girlfriend/brother/accomplice where they were headed before they died? That could complicate things.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: yotetrapper30] #8091295
03/03/24 07:03 AM
03/03/24 07:03 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I live so far off the beaten path that it would be a hard decision if someone actually came here to my house and made me shoot them. It really seems as if disposing of the body would be a lot easier than dealing with the authorities.

But on the other hand, what if they told their girlfriend/brother/accomplice where they were headed before they died? That could complicate things.

Only if they are there at your property also. Maybe the would be intruder had a change of heart and decided to disappear and start a new life. You know, separate themselves from their criminal friends or any bad influence that might look for them.

-Goofy-
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091297
03/03/24 07:20 AM
03/03/24 07:20 AM
Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Ol' Smoke Offline
trapper
Ol' Smoke  Offline
trapper

Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Lawyers and judges try to take deterrence out of the equation and create more crime.

---- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE----Bye, Bye Miss American Pie----
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8091311
03/03/24 07:53 AM
03/03/24 07:53 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont worry about a deranged attacker to much where I live. I doubt it ever happens and if it does I doubt I would even be taken for questioning. I am in Kansas City a lot working. Being armed is legal in both KS and MO but only because of state statutes. Both sides of the border your getting taken to jail if your in the metro area. Getting treated like a criminal. Lots of dope fiends and lots of violence. Seems like the worse the criminal activity in an area the more likely you are to face prosecution for self defense. Related? I think so. My plan is to say I had to defend myself. I want to call my lawyer before I say more. No matter what you say your going to jail. So no reason to say anything. And yes, I believe a cop would say "you will be released once I finish my report" to get you talking. To make brownie points they will try to find a way to put a crime on you. Lie to you unabashedly. I really hope I am never put in that position just because thats where a lot of work is.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: danny clifton] #8091741
03/03/24 07:25 PM
03/03/24 07:25 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
2bit, some states you might be better off to let the outlaw shoot you.

That would be Minnesota for one. They usual side with the criminals when a cop is involved.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: States that impose you have a duty to retreat [Re: Trapper7] #8091851
03/03/24 09:44 PM
03/03/24 09:44 PM
MN
T
thgreenwing Offline
trapper
thgreenwing  Offline
trapper
T

MN

.[/quote]That would be Minnesota for one. They usual side with the criminals when a cop is involved. [/quote]

You got that right!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread