No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Brush pile elimination [Re: Trapper7] #8088420
02/28/24 07:10 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted by Trapper7
I used to pile brush up for rabbits. Now, I've got so many rabbits, they ruin my garden.

Fence it... Rabbit goes good with veggies grin

Re: Brush pile elimination [Re: AJE] #8088421
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
When building golf courses, brush, stumps trees everything was piled int fairway centers. Piles were about 50 foot wide and hundreds of yards long.
We burned from November till April. Trailer mounted Buffalo blowers were moved along each side. This incinerates everything to ash. The larger oak and other stumps were
leap frogged along the fire using an excavator with a thumb, by the end of the pile the stumps were gone. Had 36 of these fires one winter.
We then scraped up and buried all that was left. Grow in crew wanted sterile yellow sand for the turf grow in.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Brush pile elimination [Re: Trapper7] #8091268
03/03/24 01:43 AM
03/03/24 01:43 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trapper7
I used to pile brush up for rabbits. Now, I've got so many rabbits, they ruin my garden.

We don't have the red foxes around to eat those rabbits anymore

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread