No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Protect your guns #8082145
02/20/24 03:59 PM
02/20/24 03:59 PM
East Texas
S
SLEDD Offline OP
trapper
SLEDD  Offline OP
trapper
S

East Texas
California's Democrat state legislature is trying to pass a bill to make homeowner insurance companies report gun owners to the state. If they get away with it, it may be coming to you soon. Most insurance companies limit coverage for firearms to a small amount such as $1,000. You may increase coverage for an additional fee if you list the type and serial number along with the value. If you choose to schedule your guns and the government makes a grab for them, one of the first places they will go is to the insurance companies. When they come to your door, they will have a list. I am a retired insurance agent. The ONLY insurance company I know of that automatically insures all your guns at replacement cost without scheduling them is Safeco. The limit of coverage is the contents limit of your policy. Usually that limit is 70% of the building coverage. Example $200k on the building gives you $140 for all your stuff including guns (usually). The 140K may not be enough to cover your contents and your guns so you may purchase additional coverage at a reasonable price. The insurance company may ask why you desire extra coverage so tell them you have lots of nice stuff, tools, clothing and such. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT GUNS. Nothing requires you to offer information regarding guns. Each state regulates the insurance companies doing business in that state. Each state may be different. Policy coverages are different and may changes. You may not have access to Safeco in your state. Safeco may limit firearm coverage in your state. In most states only independent agents have access to Safeco, Start shopping 2 months prior to your renewal date. If you can get Safeco, ask the agent to order you a sample policy. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT GUNS. Read it carefully. As a general rule read the exclusions. In most states what is not excluded is covered. I live in TEXAS. My Safeco homeowner's policy does not mention firearms. Perfect!

Anything the governments gives you they must first take away from someone else.
Re: Protect your guns [Re: SLEDD] #8082166
02/20/24 04:32 PM
02/20/24 04:32 PM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Thanks for posting

TILL THAT DAY.....
Re: Protect your guns [Re: SLEDD] #8082192
02/20/24 05:23 PM
02/20/24 05:23 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
My house was broken into by cops and a list I kept of my Serial numbers went missing Camera says cops

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Protect your guns [Re: patrapperbuster] #8082208
02/20/24 05:54 PM
02/20/24 05:54 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
Thanks for posting

X2

NRA benefactor member
Re: Protect your guns [Re: SLEDD] #8082213
02/20/24 05:59 PM
02/20/24 05:59 PM
South central Minnesota.
O
Old pup Offline
trapper
Old pup  Offline
trapper
O

South central Minnesota.
Thank you. Minnesota does like to imitate California. And Illinois. And New York. And...

ergo, bibamus.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread