No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079485
02/17/24 01:14 AM
02/17/24 01:14 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Online content
trapper
Vinke  Online Content
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Getting shoot only hurts once or more,,,,….
(It is not as bad as tv makes it look)
I recommend it to everyone at least once

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8079505
02/17/24 02:31 AM
02/17/24 02:31 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Like I said , just agree and fight another day.
Not saying there's not corrupt cops or judges , or mayors in mayors court.
Just learn and fight on another day.

Takes a lot of money to “fight another day”. That burden alone has probably killed more people than just not liking one another.

-Goofy-
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: Jtrapper] #8079509
02/17/24 02:45 AM
02/17/24 02:45 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Id of had to disobey order's or worse if i was a parent they would of had to shoot me in the back as i ran by the cowards!

If you were a parent. What would you have done if you weren't?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8079510
02/17/24 02:55 AM
02/17/24 02:55 AM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Takes a lot of money to “fight another day”. That burden alone has probably killed more people than just not liking one another.

Would rather be able to fight another day, than not have a life!
Strange how some people have to argue and fight everything.
If stopped by an officer, why not do as you are asked?
Everyone of the times I see a video , the people are always resisting anything the officer asks.
Then when it gets violent , it's always the cops fault!
Getting so the hate cops propaganda is doing it's job, population control.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8079534
02/17/24 07:17 AM
02/17/24 07:17 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Would rather be able to fight another day, than not have a life!
Strange how some people have to argue and fight everything.
If stopped by an officer, why not do as you are asked?
Everyone of the times I see a video , the people are always resisting anything the officer asks.
Then when it gets violent , it's always the cops fault!
Getting so the hate cops propaganda is doing it's job, population control.

You’re wrong. It’s the conduct of the top echelon of LE on display that is souring the public and its not propaganda.

-Goofy-
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079603
02/17/24 10:01 AM
02/17/24 10:01 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Ohio Wolverine

There weren't any race riots of any real consequence, until Obama got into office

Your kidding right?

I certainly dislike the man immensely. No need to say stuff like he is the reason for racial tension. Its not new.

Last edited by danny clifton; 02/17/24 10:05 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: danny clifton] #8079609
02/17/24 10:07 AM
02/17/24 10:07 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Ohio Wolverine

There weren't any race riots of any real consequence, until Obama got into office

Your kidding right?

I certainly dislike the man immensely. No need to say stuff like he is the reason for racial tension. Its not new.

No kidding! I well remember Flint Michigan when MLK was killed.....It was very bad in many cities.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079612
02/17/24 10:13 AM
02/17/24 10:13 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Even then, you're still here, so explain the outcome.
Did they just start shooting , or ask questions?

Cops never knew I was about to shoot one. Did not see me. After I heard them yell Sheriffs office I quit focusing on the two in my front yard. Seen others. Realized the arrest was across the street. I put my gun up and went outside. Told the idiots in my yard they were trespassing and go somewhere else. That started an argument. Kept telling me to go back in the house. They finally moved to the street. By now everyone that lives here is outside. They did not like that. I don't think they wanted a witness to what they were doing.

Last edited by danny clifton; 02/17/24 10:14 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8079641
02/17/24 10:51 AM
02/17/24 10:51 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia

Easily overlooked that many are just one one unexpected bill away from collapse. Traffic ticket, days off work, night in jail, etc.

Here in Georgia the traffic courts will gladly work out payment plans to pay off traffic tickets. Just talk to that nice lady over there. What it actually is is probation that you pay for including drug tests that you also pay for. Always a private company contracted to the court. Then there's DUI school to pay for.

It's almost a crime just to be poor.

Go look up Brookside, Alabama and their traffic court. No one went to jail for that one other than the victims.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079660
02/17/24 11:17 AM
02/17/24 11:17 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
You have to admit that some of these people deserve what they get. Don't drive drunk and you won't get a DUI school to pay for.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079671
02/17/24 11:26 AM
02/17/24 11:26 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Around here DUI is a cash cow. More focus on that by far vs arresting thieves. No one wants to deal with a drunk driver at 0 dark thirty. I get it. To a point. Seems like a little effort could be put into solving burglaries, locking up shop lifters, and gas drive offs. So far as I can tell that stuff is ignored. They claim there is a war on drugs. Seems to me like the dope fiends are also the thieves. So why is theft not a priority?

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: trapdog1] #8079678
02/17/24 11:33 AM
02/17/24 11:33 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by trapdog1
You have to admit that some of these people deserve what they get. Don't drive drunk and you won't get a DUI school to pay for.

Oh absolutely true but sentencing shouldn't be pushing people into further criminality due to unachievable requirements. Don't make your payment then you get jail and more fines. Some of these schemes just snowball folks into no win situations.

I'm all for living a life that doesn't incur legal penalties. But outside of DUI, entirely preventable, just driving can be running the gauntlet. The city of Jonesboro north of me comes to mind. US 19/41 is the route north from points south headed into Atlanta as it dumps directly onto I75. From Lovejoy to the Interstate it is red light red light red light all the way. Everyday from Griffin to the Interstate, some thirty miles, the road is lined with cruisers like sharks. Major revenue raised off that road yet Clayton County/Jonesboro has one of the highest crime rates in the entire state. Heck, their most recent past Sheriff is sitting in the federal pen as we speak.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079706
02/17/24 12:05 PM
02/17/24 12:05 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by warrior

Oh absolutely true but sentencing shouldn't be pushing people into further criminality due to unachievable requirements. Don't make your payment then you get jail and more fines. Some of these schemes just snowball folks into no win situations.

I'm all for living a life that doesn't incur legal penalties. But outside of DUI, entirely preventable, just driving can be running the gauntlet. The city of Jonesboro north of me comes to mind. US 19/41 is the route north from points south headed into Atlanta as it dumps directly onto I75. From Lovejoy to the Interstate it is red light red light red light all the way. Everyday from Griffin to the Interstate, some thirty miles, the road is lined with cruisers like sharks. Major revenue raised off that road yet Clayton County/Jonesboro has one of the highest crime rates in the entire state. Heck, their most recent past Sheriff is sitting in the federal pen as we speak.

I'll keep that in mind and watch myself, as there is a good chance I'll be at Atlanta Motor Speedway next weekend. Don't want a run in with the local boys!

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: trapdog1] #8079729
02/17/24 12:38 PM
02/17/24 12:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia

I'll keep that in mind and watch myself, as there is a good chance I'll be at Atlanta Motor Speedway next weekend. Don't want a run in with the local boys!

If you're coming down from Iowa your best route in and out is GA20 exit 218. Straight four lane shot from interstate that dumps you out right at the racetrack. Avoid 19/41 as it's nothing but red lights going north plus it has lane widening that's been going on for over a year. South from the racetrack there's usually a Hampton cruiser sitting under the GA20 overpass just past the Dollar General and a Henry County hangs out in the dip over the hill just past where 20 dumps onto 19/41. If you can see Sweeties Flea Market he can see you.

20 is usually good but occasionally there will be one hanging out around the Publix red-light.

While you're there check out the beaver swamps around it. One on the front corner by 19/41 across from the Waffle house, one on the back across Richard Petty between there and Lower Woolsey and another directly across 19/41 from the front.

There's also a huge one on 75 just before your exit at 218.

Holler at me if I can be of any help. I know all the good eating spots around here.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079738
02/17/24 01:01 PM
02/17/24 01:01 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by warrior

If you're coming down from Iowa your best route in and out is GA20 exit 218. Straight four lane shot from interstate that dumps you out right at the racetrack. Avoid 19/41 as it's nothing but red lights going north plus it has lane widening that's been going on for over a year. South from the racetrack there's usually a Hampton cruiser sitting under the GA20 overpass just past the Dollar General and a Henry County hangs out in the dip over the hill just past where 20 dumps onto 19/41. If you can see Sweeties Flea Market he can see you.

20 is usually good but occasionally there will be one hanging out around the Publix red-light.

While you're there check out the beaver swamps around it. One on the front corner by 19/41 across from the Waffle house, one on the back across Richard Petty between there and Lower Woolsey and another directly across 19/41 from the front.

There's also a huge one on 75 just before your exit at 218.

Holler at me if I can be of any help. I know all the good eating spots around here.

Thank you! Very much appreciated.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8079768
02/17/24 01:31 PM
02/17/24 01:31 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Oh, and coming south on 75 is fubar if you hit it in the afternoons. The evening rush has it at a crawl from the 75/675 split to south of McDonough. Try to get through before 2 or after 7. Mornings are usually okay southbound. Atlanta best time is middle of the night or middle of the day.

If you have the right pass you can use the express lane through that stetch of 75 but it's a reversible lane so it's northbound mornings southbound evenings. Caution if you use it to get to exit 218 as is dumps you onto the inside lane just before 218 then you have to cross all the way over to the right in less than half a mile.

If you miss 218 go two exits south, Locust Grove/Bill Gardner. Turn right and stay straight it'll take you back to GA 20.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread