No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Nessmuck] #8078582
02/16/24 10:11 AM
02/16/24 10:11 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I think it's called an Addadicktomy.

Or if you're going the other way its a Lopadickoffame.

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Nittany Lion] #8078701
02/16/24 12:14 PM
02/16/24 12:14 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
She's great no doubt and has a super future ahead of her in the WNBA.
She missed a lot of shots in that game against NE. Must have just been off that day. In all fairness, she was double-teamed a lot in that game, though.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Trapper7] #8078833
02/16/24 02:50 PM
02/16/24 02:50 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Saw some replays and within two minutes she had set the record. Personally I hope she will play college ball one more year. She is raising the awarness of all women's sports and especially basketball. That will inspire millions of girls to enroll in sports programs. That may happen if she goes pro but I don't feel the impact will be as high. One year delay going to the WNBA , probably won't impact her career or her financial future that much. With the current college NIL and other options, there is great potential for financial wealth for the stars in college right now. Some of that may well be determined by how the women's March Madness plays out.

Bryce

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Trapper7] #8078872
02/16/24 03:27 PM
02/16/24 03:27 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Trapper7
She missed a lot of shots in that game against NE. Must have just been off that day. In all fairness, she was double-teamed a lot in that game, though.

No they stop running the offense thru her so she would break the record at home. She had 35 points if I remember correctly. Yes she missed but the other team members had first option. Not until the end when it looked like they might lose did she shoot. You do realize she didn't score in the fourth quarter of that game right? Only game in her career that she was healthy the entire game she did not score.

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: jbyrd63] #8078877
02/16/24 03:34 PM
02/16/24 03:34 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Trapper7

No they stop running the offense thru her so she would break the record at home. She had 35 points if I remember correctly. Yes she missed but the other team members had first option. Not until the end when it looked like they might lose did she shoot. You do realize she didn't score in the fourth quarter of that game right? Only game in her career that she was healthy the entire game she did not score.

I watched that game and that's not what I saw at all. She just went cold in the 4th quarter, she still took every open shot and had 8 more points to go to make the record. She was under the weather and just ran out of gas. Why would she stop making points with 8 to go and risk losing the game? that totally makes no sense at all. she was so distraught after the game that she missed so many shots in the 4th and they lost a game they should have won. If you watch the post game press conference I think you will change your mind.

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Nittany Lion] #8078895
02/16/24 03:52 PM
02/16/24 03:52 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
She also had an upper respiratory infection going on during the Nebraska game. It showed ion the way she seemed to get winded easier than normal.

They DID NOT throw the game so she could break the record at home. The loss gave Ohio State the edge in the conference, as well as dropped Iowa out of the number two spot. Way to much on the line to throw the game. And on top of that, Clark is not selfish enough to do such a thing.

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Nittany Lion] #8078948
02/16/24 04:59 PM
02/16/24 04:59 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
I don't know , but it looked like the offence slowed down , and weren't as aggressive as they were in the first 3 quarters .
Even Kate Martin who was hitting 3's , got cold .
They were out shot 66 -73 on FG's
I personally feel they wanted her to get the record at home, with a bigger crowd , and just lost control of the game.

Ohio , she broke the record for most scored by any player ever AND most ever scored by a Iowa girls player ever. 48 was previously the most ever
OK I see that now.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Clark going for the record [Re: Nittany Lion] #8078956
02/16/24 05:08 PM
02/16/24 05:08 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Iowa didn’t throw the game Nebraska took it . 64% from the floor in fourth quarter
Iowa coach stopped going to Clark because they had a 14 pt lead after 3. That’s all the talk was her waiting to break it at home. Iowa only scored 10 point in the 4th.
What are they going to say afterwards. We did it on purpose! Every girl on the floor looked for a shot first up until Nebraska tied it. Then Clark missed her last 3 shots plus 2 free throws from a technical foul called on Nebraska

Re: Clark going for the record [Re: jbyrd63] #8078978
02/16/24 05:25 PM
02/16/24 05:25 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Iowa didn’t throw the game Nebraska took it . 64% from the floor in fourth quarter
Iowa coach stopped going to Clark because they had a 14 pt lead after 3. That’s all the talk was her waiting to break it at home. Iowa only scored 10 point in the 4th.
What are they going to say afterwards. We did it on purpose! Every girl on the floor looked for a shot first up until Nebraska tied it. Then Clark missed her last 3 shots plus 2 free throws from a technical foul called on Nebraska

Exactly, when Clark was more or less shut down, that messed up the teams offensive drive. Rythm!
Clark is the leader on the floor and sets the tempo of the offense.
They didn't throw the game, but lost control of it when Clark was held back by someone's decision , and maybe not the coaches.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread