No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Sleepy creek #4 double LS #8077337
02/14/24 10:51 PM
02/14/24 10:51 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Found some and waiting on the co to return my call to clarify legal trap size. It sound to me like 5.5" is legel max for closed jaws bit up to 6.5 off sets with 1/8 gap are ok.

I wanted #3 for yotes but they are long gone . I think the 4s may be a bit big for yotes and small for back foot beaver and don't think I would want off set jaws for beaver .

What do you all think are they big for yotes and small for beaver and are off sets not good for beaver like I think or are they ok?

I just want to try some LS that will last and like they won't freeze down. But don't want to get traps to big or not big enough. We use Bridger #2 dogless and mb 550 for yotes and bridger #5 and mb 750 for beaver. So have good traps for them but I just like trying different things some times.

I like the jaws on the 550s best but how flat and how well the Bridger's bed. My beaver traps both work well and I haven't noticed much difference other than one loose jaw and I don't know if I prefer that or not so far it's made no noticeable difference.

I think there are times when long spring may be a better option and always want to try new things so thought I would ask what you think about the #4 sleepy creeks for my intended use.

Re: Sleepy creek #4 double LS [Re: Providence Farm] #8077412
02/14/24 11:55 PM
02/14/24 11:55 PM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
If you want a coyote longspring with more availability, I’d go for the victor 3N, or regular Vic #3 offset. Bridger #4 is not bad either.

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread