No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077617
02/15/24 07:32 AM
02/15/24 07:32 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Online happy
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Online Happy
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
What was no longer is.

-Goofy-
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077624
02/15/24 07:44 AM
02/15/24 07:44 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
A person can support the institution of policing generally, while still being intelligent enough to condemn wrongful actions of any individual officer. In this case, it's pretty obvious that this cop shouldn't have blasted a handcuffed guy in the back of his own cruiser because he couldn't tell the difference between an acorn and a gunshot.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077629
02/15/24 07:50 AM
02/15/24 07:50 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by KeithC
There's around 800,000 police officers in the US, who for the most part do a good job. With that many officers and many hundreds of millions of arrests and other interactions, some of them are going to go bad. Police are still just people. There are good and bad ones. I've met a great many police officers. I've had over 60 police officers work for me. Out of the probably 120 or some cops I have somewhat, to very well know, only 2 probably should not have been police anymore. One of those, my friend Matt, had his skull, ribs and arm broken by a guy who.he managed to choke out and handcuff, before he himself went into a coma, from swelling on his brain.

In my personal experience and from what I have seen on the news, most poor quality cops are diversity highers, who only got their job because of their race. In a diversity higher year, many police departments give blacks a 50 point bonus on their test scores, that have a potential of 100. In those years, even at a 50 point disadvantage, some of the candidates will still be white.

Police departments, that want to higher minorities, will also stop using intelligence tests and use life experience tests and like and dislike tests instead. Those tests have questions like "Do you like rap?, Do you like soul food?, Was your family poor? and Did both of your parents live with you?". Cincinnati frequently gives tests like these.

Keith

800,000 sounds more like a standing army to me.

So they should all be eliminated?

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077644
02/15/24 08:19 AM
02/15/24 08:19 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Here is a more complete video of the incident. I really don't like the short clips that Warrior posted that don't give any context.

A Sargent and deputy were responding to a woman who's car was stolen by her boyfriend. She told the cops he had a silenced weapon on him and that he had multiple weapons. The boyfriend showed up and was eventually searched and detained after lying about where his girlfriends car was. He was handcuffed and put into a cruiser.

I am neither pro nor anti-cop. They have a tough, high-stress job to do. Some are great at it, some just mediocre and some, like Deputy Hernandez, should have never been cops and should never be again.

I follow the channel Police Activity on Youtube. They give an unbiased look at the good, the bad and the ugly of the violence involved in police work and how it is handled by various officers.

I highly recommend it, many of you could benefit.

In this case the Sargent had things under control until Deputy Hernandez lost his freaking mind!

Reading the descriptions provided by Police Activity will give you many more details.

Eh...wot?

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077657
02/15/24 08:37 AM
02/15/24 08:37 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Problem is once this idiot shot up a car with a person he had just handcuffed and put in there, the cover up started! Want the general public to trust you, BE HONEST! What's so hard about that? It's not about being pro cop or anti cop, if you have a idiot on your force get him out don't go along with the thin blue line. This is why your where your at today and as for New York PD, they may as well all walk off the job, not like they are allowed to arrest anyone!

Got several friends that are cops so im not anti cop. Each one of them know's one guy on the force that shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun though! But they are short handed, budget cuts, etc, etc, so it slides. Until something like this happens, then it's a cover up or attempted cover up!

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: loosegoose] #8077662
02/15/24 08:43 AM
02/15/24 08:43 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by loosegoose
A person can support the institution of policing generally, while still being intelligent enough to condemn wrongful actions of any individual officer. In this case, it's pretty obvious that this cop shouldn't have blasted a handcuffed guy in the back of his own cruiser because he couldn't tell the difference between an acorn and a gunshot.

Precisely.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077687
02/15/24 09:08 AM
02/15/24 09:08 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by trapdog1

800,000 sounds more like a standing army to me.

So they should all be eliminated?

The loss of revenue generated would probably be the deal breaker. But yes, that number could be cut by half to three quarter easily. Let nature run its course and most crime would die off, literally.

I grew up in the Bessemer cutoff, basically the entire western third of Jefferson County, AL. We were the cutoff because we wanted no part of Birmingham and had long ago tried to split off but weren't allowed to.

So what does have to do with the price of tea in China? It has to do with how we were policed. We were given our own county jail and courthouse in Bessemer and our own Assistant Sheriff. AND THAT WAS IT. One assistant sheriff for what was large enough to be a county in its own right and right next door to the largest City in the state at that time.

Now the three cities of Bessemer, Hueytown and Pleasant Grove had their own small police forces with only Bessemer having more than a dozen officers.

You know what, there was no need to lock a door because we didn't have a crime problem because we could take care of ourselves in an area that was well known for you don't go west of Hueytown unless you're looking for liquor, a card game or a fight.

But in the eighties they decided we needed our own substation and more deputies and guess what the crime rate is now.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077704
02/15/24 09:26 AM
02/15/24 09:26 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Wife was shopping the other day and checking out a Valentine balloon popped she said it scared her, she thought it was a gun shot. I guess it scared shoppers more tow shoppers came to the front with guns and the cops showed up. I guess America is getting paranoid. Nam had a lot of wounds from friendly fire, you never know how people will react under stress. But painting a bad picture of LEOs or anyone because of the acts of a few is not just. Dont throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077729
02/15/24 09:43 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
One guy makes a mistake and you are against law enforcement? That makes not sense at all to me.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077730
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Thank you Jtrapper I agree with what you said100% but I have trouble putting it in words. I don't dislike cops just people who can't admit they don't all walk on water . A nd the constant covering for each other right or wrong.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077787
02/15/24 10:15 AM
02/15/24 10:15 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Y'all do know the guys tearing down the wire, opening the gates in Texas are badge wearing sworn officers don't you?

The guys that'll kick your door and take your guns will be as well.

There are some that I respect and I mean a lot. Most seem to be in areas like Florida. I can tell you that there are a lot of good ones but there are some that should be in jail. Like the one in Milwaukee that tried to give me a DUI when I did not have a car. Even when the Cab came to pick me up. Even when another Officer located my car in my driveway 10 blocks away. Even when he threatened to arrest the Cabbie that showed up to pick me up. There are some good ones but getting to be fewer.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077790
02/15/24 10:18 AM
02/15/24 10:18 AM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline
trapper
Jingles  Offline
trapper
J

Washington
1 problem is when you do bring it to the attention of the upper echelon, at least around here, they do nothing and like some here suggest the over reaction / misconduct by the offending officer was due to the stress of being overworked in a supposedly hostile environment.
Reported a local officer that would follow young women and girls from 1 town to another close by then sit and watch their vehicle while the women/ girls were shopping then follow them back to the original /home town.
His supervisor either refused to do anything or accepted the behavior. Turned it into the County Sheriff and they did nothing until Sheriff was told if the officer continued he would be physically pulled of his car and be left laying in a ditch. This was after several parents relatives noticed what was happening and complained. The departments did nothing and low and behold a 19 yo female martial arts black belt left him laying in the ditch.

Last edited by Jingles; 02/15/24 10:27 AM.

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077917
02/15/24 01:00 PM
02/15/24 01:00 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Never said we don't have good solid men and women behind the badge. I personally think I have a great sherrif in my county and he runs a good shop. Now the city of Griffin is corrupt as heck. Wife killers in that diet.

My beef is with the standing army police state that has developed in this country, particularly when staffed by trigger happy cowards that shoot up their own patrol car because of an acorn.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077930
02/15/24 01:21 PM
02/15/24 01:21 PM
Oregon
R
RockCrick Offline
trapper
RockCrick  Offline
trapper
R

Oregon
The problem is the hiring process. They are so worried about hiring someone to be an officer that has a squeaky, clean record, and never even Jay walked that they are getting people that just simply don’t have the mindset to be effective. You need strong, minded, disciplined folks to be officers, so this doesn’t happen.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: Jtrapper] #8077954
02/15/24 02:04 PM
02/15/24 02:04 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
I just watched that video. Wow, wonder where all those rounds went? That was a residential area. Spray and pray.
The woman sergeant deputy is the only one there that wasn't an idiot.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077981
02/15/24 02:33 PM
02/15/24 02:33 PM
PA
H
hickoryridge Offline
trapper
hickoryridge  Offline
trapper
H

PA
since the country's turned into a police state you're going to have pushback against law enforcement at all levels . . whether there's a majority of 'good ones' or not

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8077993
02/15/24 02:41 PM
02/15/24 02:41 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Let's see we have city police, county police, state police, fbi, tsa, nsa, armed IRS agents, NCIS, base police, prision guards, school police. I probably forgot some, but it's a wonder any of us have survived this long.

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: hickoryridge] #8078017
02/15/24 03:38 PM
02/15/24 03:38 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

midland, michigan
Originally Posted by hickoryridge
since the country's turned into a police state you're going to have pushback against law enforcement at all levels . . whether there's a majority of 'good ones' or not

crazy

Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: Spike369] #8078047
02/15/24 04:33 PM
02/15/24 04:33 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Spike369
Let's see we have city police, county police, state police, fbi, tsa, nsa, armed IRS agents, NCIS, base police, prision guards, school police. I probably forgot some, but it's a wonder any of us have survived this long.

The dog catchers here have badges and guns.

Metro Atlanta has county sheriff, county popo, each city has popo, each school system and college has its own popo, the bus system has popo, state troopers, state dot, dog catchers, code enforcement, county Marshall's.
And at least a dozen different federal that I see daily around town.

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why many of us are anti LEO [Re: warrior] #8078048
02/15/24 04:35 PM
02/15/24 04:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
And they all have qualified immunity to do dumb stuff like shooting up a police cruiser.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread