No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: euthanasia [Re: jalstat] #8075916
02/13/24 08:10 AM
02/13/24 08:10 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by jalstat
People do it to pets all the time , hard to feel someone else’s pain when we aren’t the ones with the pain

I can't believe a trapper would use this analogy.

[Linked Image]
Re: euthanasia [Re: Guss] #8075964
02/13/24 09:24 AM
02/13/24 09:24 AM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado
Originally Posted by Guss
Originally Posted by jalstat
People do it to pets all the time , hard to feel someone else’s pain when we aren’t the ones with the pain

Pets are different then people .

Your right, pets can't make this decision. We must choose to end their suffering although not a choice everyone chooses, pets are still family.

Our lives are one decision after another, some right, some wrong, why should one not be allowed to leave earth on their own terms??

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075967
02/13/24 09:29 AM
02/13/24 09:29 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I think the argument boils down to whether a person believes God is in control or you are in control. As for myself , I believe God is in control of when your final breath is taken.
As for government sanctioned suicide, anybody with any sense knows where that is going to lead...and it's not good.

Last edited by J Staton; 02/13/24 09:32 AM.
Re: euthanasia [Re: Monster Toms] #8075993
02/13/24 10:12 AM
02/13/24 10:12 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Monster Toms

Your right, pets can't make this decision. We must choose to end their suffering although not a choice everyone chooses, pets are still family.

Our lives are one decision after another, some right, some wrong, why should one not be allowed to leave earth on their own terms??

Equating animals to humans is the argument of PETA and other animal rights organizations. You may consider your pet a part of your family, but it is still an animal. A dog being euthanized is not the same as grandma.

Re: euthanasia [Re: ] #8075996
02/13/24 10:17 AM
02/13/24 10:17 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by J Staton
I think the argument boils down to whether a person believes God is in control or you are in control. As for myself , I believe God is in control of when your final breath is taken.
As for government sanctioned suicide, anybody with any sense knows where that is going to lead...and it's not good.

If God is in control, then it doesn't matter whether your last breath comes though euthanasia or some other means, unless you think somehow I'm more powerful than God or that I can somehow out-maneuver God. If God is all-powerful and in control of everything (and He is), then He'll work it all out so that I die at my appointed time, regardless of the method.

Nobody "dies too young" or dies "before their time". That's just something that we, in our limited understanding, think. Whether a person dies on the day they're born, at 10 years old, or 105 years old-God is in control of it. We only think it's unfair or not right because we forget who's in charge.

Last edited by loosegoose; 02/13/24 10:18 AM.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076023
02/13/24 11:05 AM
02/13/24 11:05 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Monster Toms
Originally Posted by Guss

Pets are different then people .

Difference between pulling your own trigger and someone else deciding to pull your trigger for you.

Not that I condone either.

[Linked Image]
Re: euthanasia [Re: loosegoose] #8076025
02/13/24 11:21 AM
02/13/24 11:21 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by loosegoose

If God is in control, then it doesn't matter whether your last breath comes though euthanasia or some other means, unless you think somehow I'm more powerful than God or that I can somehow out-maneuver God. If God is all-powerful and in control of everything (and He is), then He'll work it all out so that I die at my appointed time, regardless of the method.

Nobody "dies too young" or dies "before their time". That's just something that we, in our limited understanding, think. Whether a person dies on the day they're born, at 10 years old, or 105 years old-God is in control of it. We only think it's unfair or not right because we forget who's in charge.

Isn't that what a person is doing when they commit suicide, trying to out maneuver God? Has the Prince of the World convinced believers that ending life is somehow righteous?

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076028
02/13/24 11:27 AM
02/13/24 11:27 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I am sitting in a heart clinic with my wife and her mom. Her mom will be 99 in July. She can not get out of bed, control her bowl movements and probably cannot tell the doctor her name. She has no short term memory at all.

The Good Lord knows she is ready.

Re: euthanasia [Re: ] #8076036
02/13/24 11:36 AM
02/13/24 11:36 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Isn't that what a person is doing when they commit suicide, trying to out maneuver God? Has the Prince of the World convinced believers that ending life is somehow righteous? [/quote]

Maybe in their own mind, but not in reality. Whether someone blows their brains out, drinks a gallon of everclear, or dies of old age at 105-that's their pre-appointed time. If God intends for me to live to 105, that's what'll happen. If he intends for me to die later today, that's what'll happen. Nobody can out-manuever God. This dude and his wife in the OP died at their appointed time.

Last edited by loosegoose; 02/13/24 11:37 AM.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076046
02/13/24 11:52 AM
02/13/24 11:52 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
loosegoose, I agree with what you are saying. But remember this there are some people that think they know the mind of GOD better than he does and keep going down the same rabbit hole.

Last edited by rex123; 02/13/24 11:53 AM.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076068
02/13/24 12:18 PM
02/13/24 12:18 PM
Western Michigan
Animals Only Offline
trapper
Animals Only  Offline
trapper

Western Michigan
Those two did what they thought was best for them. That's what matters. As Judge Judy would say " my opinion is the only one that counts".

AKA: Rusty Shackleford
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076072
02/13/24 12:21 PM
02/13/24 12:21 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Maybe in their own mind, but not in reality. Whether someone blows their brains out, drinks a gallon of everclear, or dies of old age at 105-that's their pre-appointed time. If God intends for me to live to 105, that's what'll happen. If he intends for me to die later today, that's what'll happen. Nobody can out-manuever God. This dude and his wife in the OP died at their appointed time.

But are you sure, that, in the case of someone with a clear mind who chooses to end their life such as the two people in this article, that it's not "their appointed time" because God just said to heck with it, I tried, let them reject me in the end if that's what they choose?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076081
02/13/24 12:30 PM
02/13/24 12:30 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
How is that rejecting GOD?

Re: euthanasia [Re: yotetrapper30] #8076103
02/13/24 12:59 PM
02/13/24 12:59 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

But are you sure, that, in the case of someone with a clear mind who chooses to end their life such as the two people in this article, that it's not "their appointed time" because God just said to heck with it, I tried, let them reject me in the end if that's what they choose?

Yes, I'm sure that every single one of us will die at the exact moment the Lord has appointed, and I'm sure that nobody can outsmart God.

Aren't you sure that God is all-powerful and all-knowing? If we can choose not to die when God says it's our time to die, then God isn't all-powerful, because we could do something that God can't control.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076108
02/13/24 01:06 PM
02/13/24 01:06 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

So suicide is righteous(right with God) since your death is pre appointed? I thought as believers self righteousness (right with self) was supposed to be removed and replaced with righteousness (right with God) as we work on sanctification. Is not suicide a self righteous act?

Re: euthanasia [Re: ] #8076115
02/13/24 01:22 PM
02/13/24 01:22 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
So suicide is righteous(right with God) since your death is pre appointed? I thought as believers self righteousness (right with self) was supposed to be removed and replaced with righteousness (right with God) as we work on sanctification. Is not suicide a self righteous act?

Where did I say that? You're confusing what I'm talking about; whether or not we can "cheat" God out of when we die, with whether or not the way we die is sinful. The fact that God is in control of when we die, doesn't mean that how we die is righteous. People get murdered all the time. Nobody dies of murder outside of when God appoints for them to die. People die of suicide all the time. Nobody dies of suicide outside of when God appoints for them to die. People die from obesity-related complications all the time. Nobody dies of obesity-related complications outside of when God appoints for them to die. People die of cancer all the time. Nobody dies of cancer outside of when God appoints for them to die. You get the point. Nobody dies outside of the time God has appointed for them, whether or not the reason for their death is sinful.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076120
02/13/24 01:31 PM
02/13/24 01:31 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
A man who I did a beaver removal for some years ago allowed me to trap his property for many seasons after that. So, every fall I would see him. One fall he told me had been told he has inoperable lung cancer. I offered to drive him down to Mayo Clinic to get a second opinion. He declined my offer. About a month later, I got a call from one of his daughters asking if I would go check on him, as he wasn't answering his phone the past couple days. She said the last she had spoken to him he was going into the woods to cut wood. I drove over to the woods and found his truck parked there. Not far from his truck, I found his body. A shotgun laid alongside him. He had taken his life. He left a note in his truck. I can't say if I agree or disagree with what he had done. That's God's problem.

However, his 3 daughters were devastated. It was very hard on them. Sometimes the ones we leave behind and the suffering they are left to endure should be considered.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: euthanasia [Re: loosegoose] #8076318
02/13/24 06:19 PM
02/13/24 06:19 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana

Marcus Aurelius would agree 100%

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076503
02/13/24 09:21 PM
02/13/24 09:21 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn

The Christian in me knows its not God's will to off ourselves. Sin.
We've all sinned prior too.

We've prayed forgiveness before and can the moments that time when enuff is enuff.

I ain't going into a $$ sucking fraud of a nursing home. Parasites!

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8076530
02/13/24 09:56 PM
02/13/24 09:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My kids lost their mother a few years ago. Has made them really really bond to me. I remind them at time it will be my turn someday and to prepare their minds for it. I am not going to die a horrible death from cancer or lying in a nursing home waiting to get my diaper changed. My choice no matter what the law is. When I can't live anymore I am taking my turn.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread