No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
euthanasia #8075495
02/12/24 04:43 PM
02/12/24 04:43 PM
Williamsport, Pa.
J
jk Offline OP
trapper
jk  Offline OP
trapper
J

Williamsport, Pa.
Dries van Agt, the Christian Democrat prime minister of the Netherlands from 1977 until 1982, has died by euthanasia, "hand in hand" together with his wife, according to the human rights organization he founded. They both were 93. The news was made public on Friday by The Rights Forum, which said the couple died Monday and and would be buried in a private ceremony in the eastern city of Nijmegen.
Former Dutch PM and his wife die 'hand in hand' by euthanasia
HAGUE: Former Dutch Prime Minister Dries van Agt, a prominent Christian Democrat who served from 1977 to 1982, has passed away at the age of 93.
According to The Rights Forum, the human rights organization he founded, van Agt and his wife chose euthanasia and passed away together.
The couple had been married for over 70 years. The news of their deaths was announced by The Rights Forum on Friday, stating that they would be privately buried in Nijmegen.
"He died hand in hand with his beloved wife Eugenie van Agt-Krekelberg, the support and anchor with whom he was together for more than 70 years and whom he always continued to refer to as my girl,'" said The Rights Forum in a statement. Sure beats the horrible months of passing of my parents in hospitals .......jk

Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. What's supposed to be ain't always is. Hopper Hunter
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075498
02/12/24 04:47 PM
02/12/24 04:47 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
That's horrible. Suicide isn't right at any age. It's murder.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075505
02/12/24 05:06 PM
02/12/24 05:06 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

It is rather strange that a Christian, if that's what a Christian democrat is, would chose suicide. Especially if in their right mind.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075527
02/12/24 05:43 PM
02/12/24 05:43 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
beats suffering and wasting away.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075532
02/12/24 05:54 PM
02/12/24 05:54 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Just maybe it beats dying from the grief of losing the person you have shared your life with for over 70 years.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075538
02/12/24 05:59 PM
02/12/24 05:59 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Evil

[Linked Image]
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075542
02/12/24 06:07 PM
02/12/24 06:07 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
How awful for him to choose to die in peace on his own terms. He should have wasted away and suffered in agony like a real man.

For those that believe suicide is wrong or evil....is it wrong, if, for example, a person who receives a cancer diagnosis refuses to take treatment, knowing that doing so will cause their death? In other words is choosing not to act, an evil act of suicide?

How about someone that chooses to smoke cigarettes or eats themselves into morbid obesity....is it any better because the suicide takes longer?

Re: euthanasia [Re: PAskinner] #8075543
02/12/24 06:10 PM
02/12/24 06:10 PM
WI
M
Mando Offline
trapper
Mando  Offline
trapper
M

WI
Originally Posted by PAskinner
That's horrible. Suicide isn't right at any age. It's murder.

I don't necessarily agree. I think quality of life is important to look at first.

Re: euthanasia [Re: loosegoose] #8075546
02/12/24 06:11 PM
02/12/24 06:11 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by loosegoose
How awful for him to choose to die in peace on his own terms. He should have wasted away and suffered in agony like a real man.

For those that believe suicide is wrong or evil....is it wrong, if, for example, a person who receives a cancer diagnosis refuses to take treatment, knowing that doing so will cause their death? In other words is choosing not to act, an evil act of suicide?

How about someone that chooses to smoke cigarettes or eats themselves into morbid obesity....is it any better because the suicide takes longer?

In which scenario, suicide, not taking meds, or poor lifestyle choices, is the person playing God?

Re: euthanasia [Re: ] #8075549
02/12/24 06:17 PM
02/12/24 06:17 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by J Staton

In which scenario, suicide, not taking meds, or poor lifestyle choices, is the person playing God?

One might say all of them. You're choosing to bring about your death in all three situations, when you have the option to choose to continue living instead. Some methods are just faster than others.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075550
02/12/24 06:21 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There's things much worse than dying.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: euthanasia [Re: rex123] #8075551
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by rex123
beats suffering and wasting away.

Probably where the suffering really starts.

Re: euthanasia [Re: loosegoose] #8075552
02/12/24 06:22 PM
02/12/24 06:22 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia

How about I, your children, your ex wife, your Dr Mengele, your government make that choice for you?

We ain't talking some despondent head case taking a long walk off a short pier. We're talking state sanctioned taking of human life.

Yeah, that slippery slope thingy that always ends badly.

[Linked Image]
Re: euthanasia [Re: warrior] #8075554
02/12/24 06:27 PM
02/12/24 06:27 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by warrior

How about I, your children, your ex wife, your Dr Mengele, your government make that choice for you?

We ain't talking some despondent head case taking a long walk off a short pier. We're talking state sanctioned taking of human life.

That's quite a leap. Nowhere did I say anything about government or anyone else making that choice for someone else.

In any case, you're creating a strawman argument. You're complaining about government forcing or encouraging people to commit suicide, instead of addressing what I actually said.

Re: euthanasia [Re: ] #8075556
02/12/24 06:32 PM
02/12/24 06:32 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
It is rather strange that a Christian, if that's what a Christian democrat is, would chose suicide. Especially if in their right mind.

That's called a "CINO".

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: euthanasia [Re: waggler] #8075564
02/12/24 06:40 PM
02/12/24 06:40 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by waggler

That's called a "CINO".

Lol.

Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075567
02/12/24 06:42 PM
02/12/24 06:42 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

One might say that loosegoose but if the one can't discern the difference between the three, that's one you don't go to for life questions.

Re: euthanasia [Re: loosegoose] #8075575
02/12/24 06:49 PM
02/12/24 06:49 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
[quote=warrior][quote=loosegoose]How awful for him to choose to die in peace on his own terms. He should have wasted away and suffered in agony like a real man.

That's quite a leap. Nowhere did I say anything about government or anyone else making that choice for someone else.

In any case, you're creating a strawman argument. You're complaining about government forcing or encouraging people to commit suicide, instead of addressing what I actually said.

They are already encouraging kids to kill themselves. Pure evil.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075576
02/12/24 06:50 PM
02/12/24 06:50 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by warrior

Take a look north of us. Govt Healthcare first step, then MAID gets added. Nice cleaning lady acronym for Medical Assistance In Dying. Now we have multiple examples otherwise perfectly healthy people being offed by, and at the encouragement of, their govt physicians for matters as trivial as depression, unemployment or poverty. And the latest push is to open access to MAID for children.

That's not strawman, that's actually happening.

[Linked Image]
Re: euthanasia [Re: jk] #8075580
02/12/24 06:54 PM
02/12/24 06:54 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
And I've been there, where I was at least close to wanting to die. Thank God for good medical people but mostly thank God I know life is a gift from him and not my choice to make.

I had cancer. Already been through all the big questions. But deciding not to be treated would not have been the same as putting a bullet in my brain. Anyone who is honest can see the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread