No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: Beaver Reliever7] #8073831
02/10/24 08:20 PM
02/10/24 08:20 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Beaver Reliever7
Ditto on Ohio Wolverines comment, all smoke and mirrors, keep everybodys attention off of the real issues with useless sports events. Grown men Playing childrens games, and not one issue troubling the world anywhere will ever be solved by the toss of a football, or the swing of a bat. And now after years of being illegal to bet on sporting events professional sports has figured out a way to get their cut, and give the government theirs so it's no longer immoral or illegal.........Gentleman place your bets! endorsed by ex pro athletes and actors alike none of whom I personally will ever have a shred of respect for again

This seems a little heavy. Sports were never intended to solve any issues troubling the world. Its just entertainment.
And not everyone bets on games. Some people just like to watch football.

Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: trapdog1] #8073900
02/10/24 09:18 PM
02/10/24 09:18 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Beaver Reliever7
Ditto on Ohio Wolverines comment, all smoke and mirrors, keep everybodys attention off of the real issues with useless sports events. Grown men Playing childrens games, and not one issue troubling the world anywhere will ever be solved by the toss of a football, or the swing of a bat. And now after years of being illegal to bet on sporting events professional sports has figured out a way to get their cut, and give the government theirs so it's no longer immoral or illegal.........Gentleman place your bets! endorsed by ex pro athletes and actors alike none of whom I personally will ever have a shred of respect for again

This seems a little heavy. Sports were never intended to solve any issues troubling the world. Its just entertainment.
And not everyone bets on games. Some people just like to watch football.

Spoken like someone that hasn't the reality of the whole picture.
True sports weren't meant to solve anything , it was entertainment in the beginning , and fun to play.
Now look at the big picture, how much does it cost to enjoy your sports?
Do you really think $90,000,000 a year is what an 18 year old is worth playing basketball? 30 years ago?
Now who do you think gets a cut of every dollar ? At least 25% I would think.
Where does that money go?
It goes to foreign aid , to countries that never give us a cent!
Why? Because our government has figured out how to make them stealing money from us look like a good Samaritan thing while putting it in their pockets.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: Scuba1] #8073917
02/10/24 09:31 PM
02/10/24 09:31 PM
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Frazee, MN
Originally Posted by Scuba1
And that is the reason that I don't watch sports anymore. They all have become political hacks and clearly don't want anything to do with me or my money.

Yep I don't watch much of any sports on tv at all anymore.

Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: warrior] #8073920
02/10/24 09:32 PM
02/10/24 09:32 PM
Western New York
T
Tony1967 Offline
trapper
Tony1967  Offline
trapper
T

Western New York
I like watching sports, and I don’t do any betting on it. Not much else on TV I care to watch.

Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: Tony1967] #8073946
02/10/24 09:56 PM
02/10/24 09:56 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Tony1967
I like watching sports, and I don’t do any betting on it. Not much else on TV I care to watch.

Me too, except for golf. Too woke. laugh

Re: Enjoy your game, while they disarm you [Re: warrior] #8073987
02/10/24 10:39 PM
02/10/24 10:39 PM
Western New York
T
Tony1967 Offline
trapper
Tony1967  Offline
trapper
T

Western New York