No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
JD 2series tractor #8060970
01/26/24 07:07 PM
01/26/24 07:07 PM
Ohio
Z
ZAC Offline OP
trapper
ZAC  Offline OP
trapper
Z

Ohio
Anyone running a John Deere 2 series compact tractor? I’m looking at purchasing a 2038r. To mow grass, front loader work etc. just looking checking here I’ve been reading online reviews lately. Trying to make an informed purchase.

Quick attach Drive over belly mower. 72”

Last edited by ZAC; 01/26/24 07:08 PM.
Re: JD 2series tractor [Re: ZAC] #8061051
01/26/24 08:05 PM
01/26/24 08:05 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
I have a 2720. Its a older version from the mid '2000's.
I like it. I had a larger tractor, a 4 series, it was too big to get around in the woods.

It all depends upon what your going to use it for.

I use mine for moving rocks and logs with a grapple, some gravel/dirt work with the bucket and running a chipper and flail mower on the PTO.

I can lift a pretty decent sized log (20" x 8ft sugar maple log) with the grapple. Don't do any mower work with it. I've always thought that a compact tractor is a poor choice for mowing. Too heavy and large plus not very maneuverable., get a zero turn mower for the mowing chores. The only mowing I do is trails in the woods. Am getting the trails in shape so that I can use a regular lawn tractor then I can ditch the flail mower. Hopefully next year.

I can't really tell you about the newer stuff. I purposely bought an older one to avoid the def and the added complications. There are lots of older ones out there with low hours, so buying used was a no brainer.

Last edited by Dirty D; 01/26/24 08:06 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread