No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
The streak continues, two matches 2 pens #8056460
01/21/24 04:16 PM
01/21/24 04:16 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
I missed the matches due to 16hr work nights. But today was my 11 year olds first track matches? It was a bit of a drive for the wife this morning.

I figured he would have much more experienceed competition In these matches with kids wrestling longer and familys taking it more serious than the local team matches. I was part right.

His first match was with a young man that it was also his first year wrestling and I could see from the video clips what he lacked in skill he made up for in drive. Up to that point I believe it was the hardest another kids has came at my son. But my son has better tec and strength and got him pen fairly quickly.

His next match the young man had been at it a few years and had a 15-,4 record 6lb and some height. Needless to say I didn't think his chances were great but hoped he would learn something.

It went to the 3rd round and and was a good match with what looked like the other kid going to win. He had my son on a take down and was in a dominant position when bam of nowhere my some gets out of his hold and filps.the script so fast into having him in a pen had to watch it 3 time to see how he did it.

The matches were definitely better and I think will increase my son's drive even more. This is the first time in my life I have ever gotten excited about a sport.

Re: The streak continues, two matches 2 pens [Re: Providence Farm] #8056541
01/21/24 06:04 PM
01/21/24 06:04 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Congrats to the young lad,hope he continues his winning streak

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The streak continues, two matches 2 pens [Re: Providence Farm] #8056569
01/21/24 06:35 PM
01/21/24 06:35 PM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Great