No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Who has ducks? [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #8032479
12/27/23 05:09 PM
12/27/23 05:09 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Speaking of a weird season , as some have mentioned, I was out shooting my bow on Christmas day. During windy lulls, I was hearing Sandhill cranes passing over. Very unusual. They're normally all well past us by now.

That’s the exact conversation my son and I had. He was telling me about the lack of ducks out there and I asked had he heard any Sandhills? We both haven’t and that very unusual to sit in the deer stands and not hear them, especially this late in the year.

Re: Who has ducks? [Re: Wanna Be] #8032493
12/27/23 05:38 PM
12/27/23 05:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
You want weird. I was out cleaning up a beeyard that had a hive toppled. Was going to shift around a few frames of honey. Got one hive that is making honey and drawing white wax in December. No idea on what they are finding in bloom but I don't normally expect white wax until the end of next month at the earliest.

[Linked Image]
Re: Who has ducks? [Re: Wanna Be] #8032498
12/27/23 05:52 PM
12/27/23 05:52 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
General complaint across Great Lakes was lack of dabblers. We were in a drought thru summer so the locals were not plentiful but few seemed to come down flyway either. There was a big push on first snow storm of year either in last week of October or first week of November. But the weather up in Canada always looked about as warm as here. Eventually the IRV seemed to be getting slowly filled up and then the die hard guys went diwn there. Week or so back I heard some of those birds had been pushed out on some cold/ice but thst they still had birds there.

The flip side is that there were more divers thru here than normal and using much more diverse water too. They were about the only salvation

We open back up fir final two days of the season this weekend. Usually we have sniw and ice. Find open water and you have birds. No ice this year and I have no clue where there’s a bird to be found. Might be lots of divers out in the bay but only way I’m going there is if it’s overrun with cans. I keep wondering if there are birds up in Canada still or if they all passed thru

Re: Who has ducks? [Re: KeithC] #8032571
12/27/23 07:37 PM
12/27/23 07:37 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by KeithC
Yesterday, I drove by a small lake just North of and viewable from I70, near Enon, Ohio, that had many hundreds of ducks on it.

Keith

I drove by the same lake today and there was maybe 100 ducks still there. I drove along the Great Miami river for a while and saw lots of ducks scattered throughout it.

Keith

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread