No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8030041
12/24/23 04:51 PM
12/24/23 04:51 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
There are some here on Tman.

Easy to pick em out.....they're the ones that say they are for the 2nd amendment, lower taxes, less gov control, scientific wildlife management, etc, but don't like conservatism.

I've never personally met a conservative that supports the 2nd amendment as written. As an example, one person in this thread is calling for some folks to have their guns taken away. That person clearly doesn't support the second amendment as written, and yet probably considers themselves a conservative.

Last edited by loosegoose; 12/24/23 04:52 PM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: loosegoose] #8030046
12/24/23 04:57 PM
12/24/23 04:57 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Easy to pick em out.....they're the ones that say they are for the 2nd amendment, lower taxes, less gov control, scientific wildlife management, etc, but don't like conservatism.

I've never personally met a conservative that supports the 2nd amendment as written. As an example, one person in this thread is calling for some folks to have their guns taken away. That person clearly doesn't support the second amendment as written, and yet probably considers themselves a conservative.

I believe I support the 2nd Amendment as written. I believe that felons should be allowed to own guns once they've served their time. I also believe no one should take guns away from the mentally ill. It is my belief that if someone is too dangerous to own a gun, they are too dangerous to be on the street at all. I believe every free man, woman or child should be allowed to own a gun regardless of age, sex, religious status, political beliefs, or impairments.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030056
12/24/23 05:12 PM
12/24/23 05:12 PM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... and I hope I am not taking away from grandpa's post but....I believe there is a BIGGER issue. And please...these my thoughts so take it or leave it. Possibly the bigger issue is not enough trappers joining their own state trapping assoc.s, Fur Takers of America, NTA( I realize there are ongoing issues now and have been in the past) or any other organization that supports trapping. There is just no reason in my mind not to at least pick one org. and support what we do and fight for.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Wright Brothers] #8030059
12/24/23 05:17 PM
12/24/23 05:17 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
Last election meeting I attended when asked who
was ready to step up.
The D2 members climbed under their chair,
BOTH OF EM.

When I used to attend the D2 meetings, we had a fairly good attendance. Last one was probably about 7 years ago. Has attendance dropped since then?

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Guss] #8030087
12/24/23 05:44 PM
12/24/23 05:44 PM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
I have a neutral political stand. I think many would berate me for that. My hope is for God’s government. I was always worried that involving myself with my state trapping association would create some friction.

There’s a documentary on Amazon “Trapper Jake”. He’s the same as you. Doesn’t care about red or blue, just voted for the guy who could do some good. He died 10-15 years ago. Good documentary.
Originally Posted by Guss
They should be striped of there guns and giving a backhand to the face!!

Like what the government is doing to Canadians?…lol

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: elsmasho82] #8030088
12/24/23 05:46 PM
12/24/23 05:46 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
I have a neutral political stand. I think many would berate me for that. My hope is for God’s government. I was always worried that involving myself with my state trapping association would create some friction.

There is wisdom in this to a point since we have a 2 sided controlled opposition system where both sided are owned by the same intrest. The people are giving the illusion they have a voice in the government to keep them
in line and under control . Yet there is a song that sums it up well. You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Providence Farm] #8030089
12/24/23 05:48 PM
12/24/23 05:48 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

There is wisdom in this to a point since we have a 2 sided controlled opposition system where both sided are owned by the same intrest. The people are giving the illusion they have a voice in the government to keep them
in line and under control . Yet there is a song that sums it up well. You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

If a person stands for evil then the song doesn’t work.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030093
12/24/23 05:53 PM
12/24/23 05:53 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Must be different here.
We have had ministers of Natural resources on both sides,liberal and conservative that have stood up for trappers.
For example,it was a Conservative Govt minister that closed the spring bear hunt in Ontario,and it was re instated by a Liberal minister.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Boco] #8030101
12/24/23 05:59 PM
12/24/23 05:59 PM
Minnesota
Woodsloafer72 Offline
trapper
Woodsloafer72  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Boco
Must be different here.
We have had ministers of Natural resources on both sides,liberal and conservative that have stood up for trappers.
For example,it was a Conservative Govt minister that closed the spring bear hunt in Ontario,and it was re instated by a Liberal minister.

Having read what you have said about liberal vs. conservative in the past, and what different people from Europe have said, I believe that the terms are defined differently in the US vs. the rest of the world.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030103
12/24/23 06:01 PM
12/24/23 06:01 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
There are lots of confused folks in the USA. Most do not know what they 'believe' in.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: MChewk] #8030104
12/24/23 06:02 PM
12/24/23 06:02 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by MChewk
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... and I hope I am not taking away from grandpa's post but....I believe there is a BIGGER issue. And please...these my thoughts so take it or leave it. Possibly the bigger issue is not enough trappers joining their own state trapping assoc.s, Fur Takers of America, NTA( I realize there are ongoing issues now and have been in the past) or any other organization that supports trapping. There is just no reason in my mind not to at least pick one org. and support what we do and fight for.

It's bigger than joining MChewk. It's not enough to join, they need to open up their wallets and do voluntary work.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: loosegoose] #8030107
12/24/23 06:06 PM
12/24/23 06:06 PM
Minnesota
Woodsloafer72 Offline
trapper
Woodsloafer72  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by loosegoose

How does this sound. If you are not locked up in jail or a mental hospital you can own and carry any weapon you please. No background check, no forms, no permits. It doesn't matter if you have been convicted of anything. If you are safe enough to be walking free, you are safe enough to carry arms. On the same note, the death penalty should be reinstated for certain crimes.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Steven 49er] #8030111
12/24/23 06:10 PM
12/24/23 06:10 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

It's bigger than joining MChewk. It's not enough to join, they need to open up their wallets and do voluntary work.

it WOULD help if they didn't fund, aid and abet our enemies.

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030150
12/24/23 07:19 PM
12/24/23 07:19 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Grandpa Trapper , have you ever voted for a democrat?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030151
12/24/23 07:23 PM
12/24/23 07:23 PM
S. Illinois
C
Chuckles84 Offline
trapper
Chuckles84  Offline
trapper
C

S. Illinois
I have a family member that owns guns and hunts but votes straight democ#$%@ everytime.

Your entitled to oxygen. Everything else is earned.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: white marlin] #8030285
12/24/23 11:09 PM
12/24/23 11:09 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by white marlin
[
it WOULD help if they didn't fund, aid and abet our enemies.

Is voting a certain way going to put a stop to groups like the Center for Biological Diversity? PETA? ASPCA? European Fur Ban?

When it comes to gun rights there are very few politicians I trust left or right.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Dirt] #8030290
12/24/23 11:14 PM
12/24/23 11:14 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Dirt
Grandpa Trapper , have you ever voted for a democrat?

Why would anyone do that?

Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030378
12/25/23 03:30 AM
12/25/23 03:30 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Oh boy. Another thread about how anyone who doesn't mouth the MAGA agenda and believe in Trump as the messiah is a traitor to guns, hunting, and trapping. Grandpa, I had higher regard for you; I am disappointed, sir.

When Trump was elected, I told myself he was just a blowhard, a self-absorbed clown. I've come to realize that, while he is those things, he's also dangerous. He has no regard for the office, the Constitution, our laws, the republic, or its citizens. He's probably the most divisive person ever to enter US politics. If he gets back in office, the presidency won't be just a laughing stock this time.

People who talk about how conservative they are while swallowing the MAGA lies make me laugh. Trump has nothing to do with real conservative policies.

Have a good Christmas, and do lean away from demagogues.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: MChewk] #8030383
12/25/23 04:49 AM
12/25/23 04:49 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky

I’m seeing people joining a Facebook trapping group in their minds as supporting trapping. As soon as it becomes time to step up, donate, support associations, write letters, go to game dept. meetings or speak at legislative hearings, or in any other way support trapping they’re nowhere to be found….except on to another Facebook group.

Last edited by kytrapper; 12/25/23 04:50 AM.
Re: Do you personally know any of these trappers [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8030523
12/25/23 09:55 AM
12/25/23 09:55 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
In a society where thinking for yourself and learning the facts surrounding the situation are no longer valued Now we rewrite history to make it fit into some new age concept of how the world should be And the vast majority of todays mindless wonders do not want to know that fast They only confuses Believing in lies is so much easier .

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread