ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
advertising vs. lead service #8022281
12/16/23 02:24 PM
12/16/23 02:24 PM
OR
W
wws Offline OP
trapper
wws  Offline OP
trapper
W

OR
what is your experience with these? I'm using a lead service now and have done some advertising. Myself I feel I get more work from the lead service, am I wasting money on adds? how have you made your business grow? where have you had adds? How many lead services are there? Are they pay as you go or pay up front ? Just ideas I'm thinking about and would like other opinions and ideas. Thanks

Western Wildlife Services

Re: advertising vs. lead service [Re: wws] #8022750
12/16/23 11:05 PM
12/16/23 11:05 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Work on your relationships with ACO's and dispatchers. I have connections with all the ACO's in my area. They know me as the guy who will respond and get the job done.

The dispatchers get a visit late in the morning hours (1am-5am) after a referral call with me stopping in the see them after the job is done with a bat or squirrel ( in very secure caging)

The dispatchers get a kick out of seeing the critter you caught. They know you got the job done professionally. They enjoy seeing the animal you caught as they are a bit bored. They won't forget you.

Costs nothing but a bit of your time , but worth thousands in advertising.

NRA benefactor member
Re: advertising vs. lead service [Re: wws] #8022784
12/16/23 11:53 PM
12/16/23 11:53 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
We used lead services when we started. We started moving away from them after we realized that we had no control over the quality of the leads.

Best way to advertise? No idea! We keep trying new things!

Re: advertising vs. lead service [Re: wws] #8023204
12/17/23 02:56 PM
12/17/23 02:56 PM
OR
W
wws Offline OP
trapper
wws  Offline OP
trapper
W

OR
I have advertised on radio, thru car show pamphlets, news papers, ext. Not sure any of it really worked great. I have been on the AM radio talking about different problems and had many calls afterwards. TV is expensive, the bug guys use it allot here. Have not tried a billboard yet? might get some attention. I see a lot of the bug company's use obnoxious vehicle wraps? I prefer to stay low profile somewhat. might think of wrapping my cargo trailer. just need to figure out how to get our names out .The dispatchers and ACO's are a good idea, I should get with them soon thanks

Western Wildlife Services

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread