No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8015269
12/08/23 12:17 PM
12/08/23 12:17 PM
AK / ND
A
aknome Offline
trapper
aknome  Offline
trapper
A

AK / ND
Some folks paint with a pretty wide brush.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8019410
12/12/23 09:44 PM
12/12/23 09:44 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
"As salamu 'alikum shaykh, did the prophet sws precribed beheading a person as a way of killing them for sin like murder or homosexuallity?(EXAMPLE: like how he prescribed stoning a person to death for zina when they are married) OR is the way to kill someone by beheading them a cultural practised by the arabs jazakullah yaa shaykh

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

It is not confirmed that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said that killing a person is only done by beheading him with a sword. However, there is a weak narration which reads: “No legal retribution except with a sword.” [Ibn Maajah]. The scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them classified the narrators of this narration to be weak. On the contrary, it is confirmed that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) applied legal retribution for killing a soul without the use of the sword. Al-Bukhari and Muslim may Allaah have mercy upon them reported that a Jew killed a maid by squeezing her head between two stones, so the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) ordered him to be killed in the same manner. It is for this reason that the preponderant opinion of the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them is that legal retribution is to kill the killer in the same manner he committed the murder.

As regards death punishment for crimes other than murder, like imposing a corporal punishment for apostasy, homosexuality and for other crimes for which the Islamic Law did not determine the method of killing, then in principle this is done by beheading the person with a sword, as the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: “If it happens for you to kill (anyone for some justified reason), kill (him/her) humanely (in a perfect and kind manner).” Ibn Qudaamah may Allaah have mercy upon him said: “The killing in Islamic Law refers to the killing with a sword…and the best manner of killing is killing with a sword.”

Killing with a sword is the method of legal retribution practised at the time of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) and this was well known to the companions may Allaah be pleased with them to the extent that when they see that a person deserves death, one of them would say to the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: “Let me cut off his head.”

Allaah Knows best."

https://islamweb.net/en/fatwa/96039/killing-with-the-sword-as-a-method-of-legal-retribution

Keith

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8019420
12/12/23 09:49 PM
12/12/23 09:49 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
"Ruling on a person who has sexual intercourse with his daughter while mistakenly thinking that she was his wife
2-4-2023 - Ramadan 12, 1444

Question
My question is that if a person have sexual intercourse with his daughter while thinking mistakenly thinking that she was his wife, and then realised that she was his daughter, will his wife be prohibited for the person according to the Shafi'i and the Maliki Madhhab?

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

If a man has intercourse with his daughter while mistakenly thinking that she was his wife, then her mother is prohibited to him as stipulated by the Shafi’is, as well as the Malikis according to their most preponderant opinion.

As for Shafi’is, it was stated in Sharh Al-Minhaaj: “Marriage shall be nullified by committing a permanent prohibition such as having intercourse with son’s wife)and having intercourse with his wife’s mother or the wife’s daughter, while mistakenly thinking that she was his wife, then the marriage becomes nullified by this act, it is also an impediment to executing the marriage contract from the beginning, whether the woman whom he has intercourse with her was prohibited for him before the marriage contract such his niece or not.”

Al-Jamal said while commenting in (Al-Hashiah): his saying “or her daughter” apparently means if it was his daughter also, thus her mother shall be prohibited for him.

As for the Malikis, it was stated in (As-Sharh Al-Kabir) by Ad-Dardir: (If he enjoyed her daughter) whether this daughter was from him or another father, by having intercourse or foreplay while he wrongly thinks she was his wife, he was hesitated to rule on the prohibition of his wife for him, and this is the approved opinion.

It was stated in (Sharh Al-Kharshi): Whoever wants to enjoy his wife in darkness, for example, and his hand touched her daughter, then he enjoyed her by intercourse or foreplay, whether this daughter is from him or from another father, and he did not realize that, then the scholars were hesitated to rule on the prohibition of her mother for the husband, and the separation between them.

It was stated in “Minah Al-Jalil”: Ibn Shaban and a group of scholars were of the view that he must divorce her, while Al-Qabesi and Abu At-Tayyib Abdel-Mun'em were of the view that it is desirable to divorce her, and this view was adopted by Ibn Mahrez who wrote about it.

However, if it was by intercourse, then the most preponderate view is that the wife becomes prohibited to him, she should also be prohibited from enjoying another also.

Allah Knows best."

https://islamweb.net/en/fatwa/47358...istakenly-thinking-that-she-was-his-wife

Keith

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8019644
12/13/23 07:43 AM
12/13/23 07:43 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
"I posit that when a religion demands actions that are illegal in the US......"

Surely anyone who thinks about this for more than 2 minutes can see the problem with this. What happens when/if Christian actions are made illegal?

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8019645
12/13/23 07:45 AM
12/13/23 07:45 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Read Leviticus, we all should have been stoned already.[/quote]

You're talking the OT , the NT changed all the old beliefs with the TEN COMMANDMENTS . And Jesus .[/quote]

The ten commandments are also in the old testament.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: James] #8019777
12/13/23 11:38 AM
12/13/23 11:38 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by James
Have you read the Bible?

Jim

Sure have. Have you ever studied what some of the leaders of CAIR have said about never being tolerant of any other religions outside of Islam? They make it clear their objective is to make Islam the only religion. And you will probably counter that with that's the same goal of Christianity. The difference is that Christians don't kill you if you don't convert.

Remember as a kid we played army and you gave up the fort so the other side got it? Of course you don't. Little kids aren't that stupid.
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: J.C.] #8019789
12/13/23 11:57 AM
12/13/23 11:57 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by J.C.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Jc have you read their book? It clearly stated their beliefs. If you are based your beliefs of their beliefs on one the saved you and transferring that affection on all of them when it's Cleary not what their book stated I would say you are dangerously confused.

Look how every Muslim country is ran.

Yes I have read it. I am looking at the copy I have of it alongside my copy of the Book of Mormon, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and Siddhartha. I don’t consider myself a mystic nor a theologian but I will always consider myself worldly as well as Godly. All people are brothers and sisters and loved in Gods eye. The Koran also says that all people of the Book are holy people. Muslims, Jews, and Catholics. Treat others as brothers and sisters. We all have polluted faith in some capacity. The guy who was nailed to the tree said love your neighbor and pray for your enemy. My brother in arms who saved my life in Afghanistan who I am working to get out of Kabul is a devout Muslim. Prayer for him and his family.

I would agree that there are some Muslims living here that seem to be good citizens. I've gotten to know some of them who are working hard and running a decent business.
I also know there were those living in my area who after the 911 bombing of the twin towers were cheering when the towers went down killing thousands.
You mention your life was saved by a Muslim. There's that and it's good. But, do you remember the Muslim American soldier who opened fire on his American comrade soldiers killing, I don't recall how many? I think that happened at Fort Ord a while ago.

Remember as a kid we played army and you gave up the fort so the other side got it? Of course you don't. Little kids aren't that stupid.
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8019806
12/13/23 12:23 PM
12/13/23 12:23 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Dr. Mark Gabriel was born and raised in Egypt in an Islamic family. At the age of 12, he had the entire Quran memorized. He graduated from Al-Azhar University in Cairo. He became a professor of Islamic history at that university. He also served as the Imam (spiritual leader) of a mosque in Giza.

Dr. Gabriel was a highly prestigious figure in the Islamic world when one day he dared to question the authenticity of the Quran. That evening he was kidnapped by the Egyptian secret police and imprisoned where he was tortured for days for questioning his religion. As he was about to be executed, he was delivered from prison by a relative with political connections.

During the next year while living with his parents, he met a Christian pharmacist who gave him a bible. That bible led him to Jesus. When his father discovered that he had become a Christian, he tried to kill him. Running for his life, he fled to South Africa where assassins were sent to kill him. He escaped to the US where he was granted religious asylum.

He has written many books. I have read one of them, Islam and Terrorism. In it he mentions there are three types of Muslims living in the US.
There are those who are happy with being an American and are gratetful to be living in a free country and very pro-American.
Then there are those who like living here, but are more neutral when it comes to Islam and America. When it comes to jihad many would side with Islam.
Lastly, is the group that are the fundamental Muslims who agree 100% with the teachings of Muhammad which is world conversion and domination They are not tolerant of any other religions. They will use force to convert infidels who refuse Islam..

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020124
12/13/23 08:26 PM
12/13/23 08:26 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Some people do need killing. Stead of a sword I say the traditional method is best. Public hanging.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: Trapper7] #8020162
12/13/23 08:53 PM
12/13/23 08:53 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Have you read the Bible?

Jim

Sure have. Have you ever studied what some of the leaders of CAIR have said about never being tolerant of any other religions outside of Islam? They make it clear their objective is to make Islam the only religion. And you will probably counter that with that's the same goal of Christianity. The difference is that Christians don't kill you if you don't convert.

You don't need to imagine my counters. I happen to agree with your thinking here.

I just don't agree we should deprive all Muslims of their First Amendment rights, as the OP evidently wants to do.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: Trapper7] #8020176
12/13/23 09:05 PM
12/13/23 09:05 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Dr. Mark Gabriel was born and raised in Egypt in an Islamic family. At the age of 12, he had the entire Quran memorized. He graduated from Al-Azhar University in Cairo. He became a professor of Islamic history at that university. He also served as the Imam (spiritual leader) of a mosque in Giza.

Dr. Gabriel was a highly prestigious figure in the Islamic world when one day he dared to question the authenticity of the Quran. That evening he was kidnapped by the Egyptian secret police and imprisoned where he was tortured for days for questioning his religion. As he was about to be executed, he was delivered from prison by a relative with political connections.

During the next year while living with his parents, he met a Christian pharmacist who gave him a bible. That bible led him to Jesus. When his father discovered that he had become a Christian, he tried to kill him. Running for his life, he fled to South Africa where assassins were sent to kill him. He escaped to the US where he was granted religious asylum.

He has written many books. I have read one of them, Islam and Terrorism. In it he mentions there are three types of Muslims living in the US.
There are those who are happy with being an American and are gratetful to be living in a free country and very pro-American.
Then there are those who like living here, but are more neutral when it comes to Islam and America. When it comes to jihad many would side with Islam.
Lastly, is the group that are the fundamental Muslims who agree 100% with the teachings of Muhammad which is world conversion and domination They are not tolerant of any other religions. They will use force to convert infidels who refuse Islam..

The three groups of Muslims living in the US--I find that interesting. Does he say the relative size of the groups? I'm guessing the third group is probably smaller than the first or second. Regardless, how does the depravity of the third group justify denying First Amendment rights to a whole religion?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020280
12/13/23 10:28 PM
12/13/23 10:28 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
There is a simple answer to all this , let's play a game in it we are America the most powerful nation on earth , we are very tolerant of other people and their way of thinking . Now lets reverse things and all are might is given to a Moslem country like Iran So those of you who think they are so peace loving and tolerant just how long do you think it would be before the world is in a war like no other? You would either be Moslem or dead.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020309
12/13/23 11:05 PM
12/13/23 11:05 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Start restricting rights and soon the winds will change and it will be your rights being targeted. Government missions always create and become something and have acctions that were never intended.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020373
12/14/23 02:15 AM
12/14/23 02:15 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Freedom and human rights should not be allowed to be infringed on by a religion anywhere and especially not in America. A religion that promotes and demands the abuse and subhumanization of women should not be tolerated.

Keith

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020375
12/14/23 02:55 AM
12/14/23 02:55 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
A religion that demands the killing of two consenting adults for having homosexual relations, even if those relations are abhorrent or gross to most of us, should not be allowed either.

Keith

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020387
12/14/23 05:20 AM
12/14/23 05:20 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Start restricting rights and soon the winds will change and it will be your rights being targeted

X2

We have plenty of nut jobs that are not Muslim too.

freedom might be scary but its worth it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020563
12/14/23 10:59 AM
12/14/23 10:59 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Cutting someones head off would be a bloody mess. With hanging you can put a diaper on the condemned and let the undertaker deal with it.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: James] #8020574
12/14/23 11:15 AM
12/14/23 11:15 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

The three groups of Muslims living in the US--I find that interesting. Does he say the relative size of the groups? I'm guessing the third group is probably smaller than the first or second. Regardless, how does the depravity of the third group justify denying First Amendment rights to a whole religion?

Jim

He doesn't mention the size of the groups. I would guess you would be correct in assuming the third group as the smallest. I agree, you can't deny anyone their right to the First Amendment as long as they are respectful to everyone else's religious preference. For those in the second group Gabriel mentions, once they cross the line and side with the jihadists, they have cancelled their rights to that freedom, IMO.

Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020585
12/14/23 11:34 AM
12/14/23 11:34 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
go to saudi and start preaching christianity when you get off the plane.....see what happens.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Restrictions on Freedom of Religion are necessary. [Re: KeithC] #8020697
12/14/23 01:56 PM
12/14/23 01:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have no desire to adopt the Saudi way of living

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread