No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7998188
11/19/23 12:10 AM
11/19/23 12:10 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

His specialty like many other's in the past is protecting whoever is in the presidents seat. My hope was one day we would have someone who protected the association instead of their 'buddy' but that's never going to happen. Why I don't see why it matters to make a fuss over bylaw changes or anything else, not like they go by the bylaw's anyway, they are just a 'suggestion' as we learned in this past fiasco.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7998836
11/19/23 08:46 PM
11/19/23 08:46 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
For those of us that are "uninformed" can SOMEBODY explain what the nature of this conflict is? In a cohesive manner and without taking sides?

Last edited by wy.wolfer; 11/19/23 08:48 PM.
Re: Banished! [Re: wy.wolfer] #7998934
11/19/23 11:12 PM
11/19/23 11:12 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
For those of us that are "uninformed" can SOMEBODY explain what the nature of this conflict is? In a cohesive manner and without taking sides?

I am not entirely clear what you're asking. Since it involves me I doubt I can be completely unbiased. But when Paul had the trapping politics forum on here this spring, I posted in it frequently. Some of the things I posted were evidentially not taken well by someone in the NTA who filed ethics charges against me. The specified comments were that I said there was a million dollar lawsuit that was settled out of court, that the NTA broke their own bylaws by buying a building without board approval which I believed to be a criminal issue due to the seriousness of it, and that the Ethics Committee had gone rogue.

The first comment was public knowledge and can be looked up. The second comment I can prove, and the President admitted in this forum that the building was bought without board approval which my lawyer agrees is absolutely a bylaws violation, but he informed me that bylaws violations are only a civil matter, and not criminal, so I was mistaken on that which I acknowledged during my "trial". When I asked the Parliamentarian during the same "trial" if she believed it was a bylaws violation, she said that she would not answer that question.

Lastly, the comment on the Ethics Committee going rogue was admittedly hearsay. But it was based on the account of the NTA director who was in fact the chairman of the Ethics Committee at the time the alleged infractions occured. And if you can't believe the account of the person in charge of the committee, who can you believe?

I don't know if this answers your questions or not. If I can provide anymore info for you from my point of view, please let me know.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7998939
11/19/23 11:18 PM
11/19/23 11:18 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Well, That's a good start!

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7999250
11/20/23 12:36 PM
11/20/23 12:36 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Yotetrapper30 I dont know you and you dont know me You have been posting on these forums longer than I have And you have been a good example to others as far as being active in promoting and protecting trapping and trappers rights .You donot complain about issues and say someone Should do something In seems to me you way is to say this is a problem and how can I help to get it solved Not from a point of creating a conflict but you feel if something is not right than let's figure out an answer to the issue Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do is not always easy But IT still to the best way to find a way to help everyone involved i the group .We as trappers are under attack all the time by those that do not agree with trapping Being a volunteer for any group is in the end just more thankless hard work on the part of the person giving their time and effort and yes money to farther the cause that they support Any to be belittled by those in charge because they dont disagree with your statement but they dont want you to talk about them is disrespectful to all the honest genuine down to earth backbone of the group . I have heard of some of the questions that where never given explanation to I get the idea that some of the people than are in charge of making sure the NTA is doing what it is supposed to be doing are what I call" Self appointed experts that do not want to be confused by the facts " They wamt the situation to be resolved to their benefit and the facts only muddy up the real reason they are doing what they know is not in keeping with what is legal and within the spirit of what the NTA stands for At least tt is how it is supposed to be . And the attacking of those that question the operation of the NTA that is not in keeping with the spirit of the group show that they know they are in the wrong and can not defend their bad acts.So they try to discredit anyone that has questions that could and should be addressed..

Last edited by w side rd 151; 11/20/23 01:05 PM.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8001598
11/23/23 09:52 AM
11/23/23 09:52 AM
southern Wi.
N
nute Offline
trapper
nute  Offline
trapper
N

southern Wi.
The NTA has done more for trapping .The NTA has elections ,Vote .

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8001603
11/23/23 10:04 AM
11/23/23 10:04 AM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
One simple observation from an infrequent poster.

Can proof reading become a prerequisite to pushing the “post reply” button?

Some of ya’ll ain’t firing on all cylinders.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8006031
11/28/23 02:44 PM
11/28/23 02:44 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Sorry Angela...

Some on here seem to think NTA is too big to fail... Well, look what happened to Sears, Roebuck, or even closer to this situation...

What was the name of that organization... oh yeah... NAFA !!! Management problems.

Back in the early 1970s, the FTA helped start a chapter in and around the Toledo, Ohio area. I was a member of it. At that time I was also starting my writing of Trapping articles. I was also a State Game Protector, and wasn't permitted to write articles... So, I wrote under the pen name D. Bradley, and used organizations patch as my logo on my articles.

My point is... I don't recall seeing much activity from FTA around Ohio. I have seen 3 National events from NTA in the last 14 years. It would be nice to see what FTA has to offer in the way of a National or Regional Event. OSTA has one of the best set-up and operational crews going and without a doubt the best crew in the country putting together the DEMO area.

Just don't wait too long... I won't be around for many more years.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8006866
11/29/23 11:34 AM
11/29/23 11:34 AM
USA
C
Coyotero7 Offline
trapper
Coyotero7  Offline
trapper
C

USA
My one question is this: Why do we continue to have "drama" as trappers? Can we all look in the mirror and realize that our biggest enemy is ourselves and not the antis? If everyone got out and trapped more you may not have time to grumble and complain...

Just my 2 cents worth but I stand behind what I say... If it makes you mad then YOU are part of the issue.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8006945
11/29/23 01:23 PM
11/29/23 01:23 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Burying our heads in the sand isn't the answer.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Banished! [Re: Actor] #8007280
11/29/23 09:14 PM
11/29/23 09:14 PM
Minnesota
W
wheelers Offline

"Trap Shed Sheriff"
wheelers  Offline

"Trap Shed Sheriff"
W

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Actor
Sorry Angela...

My point is... I don't recall seeing much activity from FTA around Ohio. I have seen 3 National events from NTA in the last 14 years. It would be nice to see what FTA has to offer in the way of a National or Regional Event. OSTA has one of the best set-up and operational crews going and without a doubt the best crew in the country putting together the DEMO area.

Garry-

If you want an FTA convention I beleive you need to put in a bid just like an NTA convention.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8008080
11/30/23 07:26 PM
11/30/23 07:26 PM
Amherst, NE
R
Roy Greenfield Offline
trapper
Roy Greenfield  Offline
trapper
R

Amherst, NE
Like NTA Nationals, the FTA events are hosted by state associations or qualified groups. The Bid/Proposal will explain the location, ground's, facility and time frame of the proposal. The proposal is presented during the FTA National Convention at the National Council meeting. The decision of who receives the event is made by the national Council.
This is one representative from each Chapter and Affiliate. The decision is made by the membership, for the membership!
I served over a decade as chairman of the National Rendezvous Committee (Convention Committee) but have been out of the office for over a decade.
The FTA committee is there to help interested parties through the process. Call the FTA officers for contact information.

Roy R Greenfield

Vietnam 1970 & 1971, Delta 3/506 101st ABN
11B, Light Weapons Infantry
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8009043
12/01/23 08:18 PM
12/01/23 08:18 PM
Wy
Cattrax Offline
trapper
Cattrax  Offline
trapper

Wy
Sad to see Angela, but knowing you, you just hit way to close to home, and they are scared, well done whatever it was, and I know you've earn a lot of respect from a lot of people on this whole thing, and hopefully if the NTA gets good leadership and truly changes, they will offer you back in, but with who is in there now, and what they're trying to do, I don't see that change coming for quite sometime! Well Done!!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8045292
01/10/24 10:33 AM
01/10/24 10:33 AM
NH
F
FisherTech Offline
trapper
FisherTech  Offline
trapper
F

NH
I have read the entire thread, and as I understand it, though to some it appears to be a "word game". The NTA did not buy the building, FBU (now National Trappers Foundation) did. Though NTF is a subsidiary of NTA, not one and the same. This is done by many incorporations and associations. As to the lawsuit, Yes, the filing of such is public knowledge and as it being closed with a Non-disclosed out of court settlement. Also, very common. Usually there is a Non-disclosure Agreement that goes along with that "All Parties" agree to and sign.

As you can see folks, I have not taken a side.

Re: Banished! [Re: FisherTech] #8045527
01/10/24 05:00 PM
01/10/24 05:00 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by FisherTech
I have read the entire thread, and as I understand it, though to some it appears to be a "word game". The NTA did not buy the building, FBU (now National Trappers Foundation) did. Though NTF is a subsidiary of NTA, not one and the same. This is done by many incorporations and associations. As to the lawsuit, Yes, the filing of such is public knowledge and as it being closed with a Non-disclosed out of court settlement. Also, very common. Usually there is a Non-disclosure Agreement that goes along with that "All Parties" agree to and sign.

As you can see folks, I have not taken a side.

This is accurate but not the entirety of the story. Yes, FBU bought the building, that is correct. Where the bylaws were broken, however, is when the executive council then contracted to purchase the building from NTA without board approval. Just to clear that up.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8045549
01/10/24 05:40 PM
01/10/24 05:40 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Don't sweat the small things.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8045570
01/10/24 06:03 PM
01/10/24 06:03 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
I don't belong but I have read this entire post and from what I see it is a good old boys club and every one has chosen a side facts be dammed. Sort of like the liberal and conservative posters on this site.

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8045857
01/10/24 09:32 PM
01/10/24 09:32 PM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

20 years ago as i was entering the politic's side of trapping the board room reminded me of the US Congress. Stupidly i thought new idea's would be welcome and NTA could in time turn into what it was meant to be, a force to be reckoned with for trappers. After a decade i finally figured out it's not what is said but WHO it is saying it that dicatate's whether it's a good idea or bad idea. So yes, its always been a good ol boys club and will remain such as long as the money holds out.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8045874
01/10/24 09:41 PM
01/10/24 09:41 PM
Minnesota
Northernbeaver Offline
trapper
Northernbeaver  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Jackie, our state association is the same way. It had a mild revolution for a period but it's right back to it. I've come to the conclusion that it's just how political structures tend to work in this country.

The official Trapping Across the World Discord server.

https://discord.gg/AsdrzB5XgE
Re: Banished! [Re: Jtrapper] #8046289
01/11/24 11:15 AM
01/11/24 11:15 AM
NH
F
FisherTech Offline
trapper
FisherTech  Offline
trapper
F

NH
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
20 years ago as i was entering the politic's side of trapping the board room reminded me of the US Congress. Stupidly i thought new idea's would be welcome and NTA could in time turn into what it was meant to be, a force to be reckoned with for trappers. After a decade i finally figured out it's not what is said but WHO it is saying it that dicatate's whether it's a good idea or bad idea. So yes, its always been a good ol boys club and will remain such as long as the money holds out.

This appears to be the problem with many of these organizations. I just recently resigned from the New Hampshire Trappers Association's Board of Directors for just that reason "Good ole boy club" that has issue with following their own By Laws.

Oh, I have the documents to back up what I am posting here.

Last edited by FisherTech; 01/11/24 11:16 AM.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread