No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Banished! [Re: Jtrapper] #7983169
10/30/23 06:07 PM
10/30/23 06:07 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Buzz how many states has NTA saved from losing or severely getting their trapping rights restricted in the last 25 years? How many states who lost their rights was NTA able to get them back in that time period or 30 years even? So how is it money lost?

Thanks Jacko for at least acknowledging me being alive

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7983188
10/30/23 06:35 PM
10/30/23 06:35 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Hope your doing well, i sat on the NTA board and they are not informed either so don't feel bad.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7983254
10/30/23 07:28 PM
10/30/23 07:28 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Buzzard please get your facts straight before posting. I'll happily admit anything that I have ever done, but I have not "filed three grievances with the NTA that went nowhere." Where in the world do you get your often incorrect info when it comes to me? This isn't the first time you've accused me of off-the-wall things I haven't done! I've not forgot you falsely accusing me of turning you into the law either, just so you know.

So to enlighten you or whoever else is reading your bs, I have, about a decade ago, filed ONE complaint against a board member of the NTA who cast an illegal ballot in an election for a seat on the executive council which led to the guilty party resigning from the association. Three other board members also filed charges against her in that case. After the resignation was accepted, the Ethics Committee at that time found that there was not enough evidence to prove that she did not know she was not allowed to vote, despite written documentation from before the convention where she said that she did know that. So that was the one and only time I filed a grievance.

If you have some other thing in mind please let us know what the heck you are talking about.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7983272
10/30/23 07:43 PM
10/30/23 07:43 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Buzzard please get your facts straight before posting. I'll happily admit anything that I have ever done, but I have not "filed three grievances with the NTA that went nowhere." Where in the world do you get your often incorrect info when it comes to me? This isn't the first time you've accused me of off-the-wall things I haven't done! I've not forgot you falsely accusing me of turning you into the law either, just so you know.

So to enlighten you or whoever else is reading your bs, I have, about a decade ago, filed ONE complaint against a board member of the NTA who cast an illegal ballot in an election for a seat on the executive council which led to the guilty party resigning from the association. Three other board members also filed charges against her in that case. After the resignation was accepted, the Ethics Committee at that time found that there was not enough evidence to prove that she did not know she was not allowed to vote, despite written documentation from before the convention where she said that she did know that. So that was the one and only time I filed a grievance.

If you have some other thing in mind please let us know what the heck you are talking about.

Facts straight ? Not sure what that means ?? I am here only to ask questions,

Dobbins gave me help and a person to help me with my questions.

I thanked him for it personally on the fone

Personally I thank you for your perspective, it is enlightening

Thank You

Re: Banished! [Re: Buzzard] #7983278
10/30/23 07:50 PM
10/30/23 07:50 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Yeah, facts straight.

You said:

Originally Posted by Buzzard

I do know that Angela Billings has filed 3 previous grivioences

With the NTA and each went nowhere

That is not true. Therefore, your facts are not straight.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7983285
10/30/23 07:55 PM
10/30/23 07:55 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC
Yeah, facts straight.

You said:

Just information ℹ have been told, so I ask questions

Again, Thank you for your perspective

Last edited by Buzzard; 10/30/23 07:57 PM.
Re: Banished! [Re: Buzzard] #7983324
10/30/23 08:36 PM
10/30/23 08:36 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Yeah, facts straight.

You said:

[quote=Buzzard]

Dang Buzzard. You might want to consider changing your Tman name to Crawfish...lol

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Banished! [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7984584
11/01/23 02:25 PM
11/01/23 02:25 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

FTA is a great organization, but

in the past they have not lived up to the up front money spent

help for our needs in the political field

Proven fact the FTA can't handle the job

You obviously aren't up to date on the doings by the FTA. They can and do the job better these days. Get up with the folks involved in the NM action. Dave Hastings and the FTA were front and center immediately. I talked with Travis C about this very subject. He had nothing but praise for how the FTA jumped right in.

Thanks for answering that Paul! The FTA used to be a good ol boys club, with no real goals than having a rondy and be a member. Things have changed, they are becoming a force, much better equipped to handle the job ahead. We just had a Gov Board meeting, Sunday evening, which lasted a bit over three hours. We are fighting three law suits at present, and all of this takes money, unfortunately! Please buy a calendar to help raise money to continue the fight, and get a chance to win either a gun or cash prize every day in 2024. We still only have one paid position in the Fur Takers, Christina Jones, who traps with her husband and on her own. Many committees do a bulk of the work, all for free for the trappers of this country. I have one year left on the Gov Board, and will turn my spot over to a younger and smarter trapper, but I am very proud of what the Fur Takers have accomplished in the last nearly five years. Come be a part of it in Harrisonburg, Va. the date is June 13-15, 2024. See you there!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7984624
11/01/23 02:56 PM
11/01/23 02:56 PM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
I will state again dave hastings and the
Fur takers were there from the start with NM

There i said it....
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7985370
11/02/23 04:43 PM
11/02/23 04:43 PM
Tennessee
hunterchub Offline
trapper
hunterchub  Offline
trapper

Tennessee
Been hanging behind the curtain for a while. Leaning mostly from other trappers. But when I saw these posts all I can say is "I told you so". John Daniel's is no good and has his agenda. I saw where he was personally responsible in dividing Tennessee. You voted him in and now voted him in again. Fools!

[Linked Image]
Re: Banished! [Re: hunterchub] #7985400
11/02/23 05:46 PM
11/02/23 05:46 PM
NJ
O
Oysterman Offline
trapper
Oysterman  Offline
trapper
O

NJ
So I think getting a nasty gram from any prominent national organization is a badge of honor. It seems to me there is most likely some corruption but that's nothing new in money and politics. I had a sitting us senator wave off the cameras once because he didn't want his picture taken with me but that's nowhere near as cool as the letter you got. Way to kick the hornets nest!

Owner Jersey Select Oysters LLC
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988868
11/07/23 08:06 PM
11/07/23 08:06 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC
Dangyou Angela !!! I have enough problems sleeping at nite!!
Gabapenton for my pains creats enough stupid dream,
I really don't need you to wake me up at 2 am
Yea, you! I know it's med focused and Gabapenton
Is a major contributer but I can't keep you outta my head
I ain't fond of you and neither are you of me
But I find myself believing in you for some reason
You have been a pain in the arse for all
Trapping orgs for years, I would hope we could agree on that
In essence, and Dobbins will shut me down
I am sure, why aren't you on the ticket
For nta president ? I have spoke with Daniel's a couple
A times, as well as Travis from the FTA
Daniel's left me wondering if there is any
Hope to fur trapping at all, his closed mouth
Kept me wondering if he had any contact at all
With his membership.
I spoke of this to Travis in newmexico,
I won't go into the details but I was told it was a lie
I ain't perfect, am behind the politics

But if you have cast a spell on me,
I mean no ill intent, the dreams caused
By Gabapenton are a bit much for me

This post of my own basically to Angela
Is supposed to make a person smile
Thanks kid for messing up my sleep,
Here's hoping Pete still has some lead in his pencil

Now stay outta my head please !

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988884
11/07/23 08:24 PM
11/07/23 08:24 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
I thought you said you quit drinking Buzzard? LOL

In all honestly I didn't realize how bad of a shape NTA was in until after the deadline passed for nominations. I doubt I would have ran, but I would have tried to find someone to run that I believed could win, had I known. But since leaving the NTA over a decade ago as director, I really hadn't been paying too much attention.

But people like me running for president is soon to be a thing of the past. In the most recent magazine article there is a ballot to disallow anyone who is not currently, or has been, a member of the executive council to run for President. If that passes, only a handful of good ol boys would even be eligible to run.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988891
11/07/23 08:36 PM
11/07/23 08:36 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
They may have booted me to the curb but I guess they still want my donation? This showed up today, lol.

[Linked Image]

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988898
11/07/23 08:43 PM
11/07/23 08:43 PM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

That office does a bang up job, can't get zip codes correct costing no telling what in postage, sending crap to people not even members anymore and who know's what else. Least they ALL got a fancy award for all their dedication and hard work at the awards banquet. May as well be parcipation trophy's now, awards use to mean something and those who won them were held in high regard, is all watered down now just handing them out willy nilly to everyone. But that still is comical.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988905
11/07/23 08:52 PM
11/07/23 08:52 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC

In all honestly I didn't realize how bad of a shape NTA was in until after the deadline passed for nominations. I doubt I would have ran, but I would have tried to find someone to run that I believed could win, had I known. But since leaving the NTA over a decade ago as director, I really hadn't been paying too much attention.

But people like me running for president is soon to be a thing of the past. In the most recent magazine article there is a ballot to disallow anyone who is not currently, or has been, a member of the executive council to run for President. If that passes, only a handful of good ol boys would even be eligible to run.

Come April 29th...2 years

I am so out of the loop it's really
Crazy for me , my first intent is
A knee jerk remark or retrial
On what I I am ignorant, I make no excuses for that.
You have never been appreciated, nor liked
But as I said above, if all the salt
You bring forth, make to us layman
Can appreciate your sacrifices
Thank you again for all you do,
Just please stay out of my head,
Wouldn't mind a good nite sleep

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7988925
11/07/23 09:15 PM
11/07/23 09:15 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline
trapper
Buzzard  Offline
trapper

NC

One last thing before I log off for a week, maybe a year or 2 years

Thanks again for your hard work, I will not
be around to see if it works out, good luck

I wanted to do this pm wise but your over your limit
Take care and watch out for Pete with the cotton mouths, I imagine he is a bit slow these days

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7997586
11/18/23 11:17 AM
11/18/23 11:17 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
In light of the number of people posting on this topic it is obviously a subject that has the attention of many people And it is a sad fact that often times when people do the right thing for all the right reason they become subject to being raked across the coals because they decide to present their knowledge of the situation I had some questions about was happening with the N TA this time and how did tt relate to other prior issues that seem to follow the NTA around That person gave me his opinion on the situation He was fair minded and not judgement towards the NTA or its leadership current or past I have seen during my time being involve with volunteer groups what an happened to good people that where not able to handle their duties or allowing their position to undo their otherwise solid foundation of doing what is right .fs It seems clear that there is some reason to think at least some of what has been said happened actual did happen .And now the ones involved once again ae trying to roadblock those that are seeking knowledge . For those directly involved in some of the issues that they revealed to all of us Thank you IT would be much easier to keep your mouth shut and let some ne else get drug through the mud .For those that do not know anyone of a first hand basis but feels the need to make personal comments remember we are all trappers And it is not to anyone's lasting advantage to make comments that only have the chance of ruining friendships that are real and worth while Thanks to all that have been willing to offer their insight into thi issue It seems rather clear that there is some a merit and it needs o be addressed

Re: Banished! [Re: DanN] #7998022
11/18/23 08:27 PM
11/18/23 08:27 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by DanN
What's the backstory on this situation?

That's what I'd like to hear instead of innuendo. What's the whole story, does anyone posting here know??

Re: Banished! [Re: yotetrapper30] #7998073
11/18/23 09:11 PM
11/18/23 09:11 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Only the EC and the lawyer actually know what is happening within the NTA. In my opinion, that's by design cause I can't believe that 50+ directors are all so silent or uninformed with all the reports that JD has stated he makes to the board. Still waiting for anyone to come forward with documented evidence rather than 'political speak' to change my opinion.

I do however believe the NTA attorney is very good at his specialty ... Environmental Issues. But again that's only my opinion.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread