ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Tips on trapping hatchery raceway #7941767
09/01/23 09:44 AM
09/01/23 09:44 AM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline OP
trapper
Jingles  Offline OP
trapper
J

Washington
Anyone want to share any tips on trapping otters out of raceways in fish hatcheries?

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Re: Tips on trapping hatchery raceway [Re: Jingles] #7941864
09/01/23 12:35 PM
09/01/23 12:35 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
How many?
Family?
Males?
Multiple different groups?

It would depend on the facility and how much area you have to trap
Are they swimming up into it or walking to it a jumping in?
Any close structures that could provide housings?
They are not living in the raceway, and a cage there is probably useless because of the fish, I am guessing

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Tips on trapping hatchery raceway [Re: Jingles] #7942085
09/01/23 07:27 PM
09/01/23 07:27 PM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline OP
trapper
Jingles  Offline OP
trapper
J

Washington
If it is the same group I saw in the river last winter there were a total of 5, 2 large and 3 smaller ones. Not certain but believe they are coming up from and returning the river via a water way.
What has transpired so far is my neighbor works at said hatchery and mentioned to me the otters so I made contact with management offering my service.
Have yet to get out and scout around to evaluate possibilities but management said they were coming up the raceways, won't know for certain until I can get out and do a lookee loo.
Management sounded enthused that there is now a local trapper / WCO that could assist.

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread