ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rat ? [Re: BigBob] #7900115
07/05/23 07:04 PM
07/05/23 07:04 PM
WA/AZ/NE/IA
D
DVinke Offline
trapper
DVinke  Offline
trapper
D

WA/AZ/NE/IA
I have been using a colony trap under a tarp in my shed

15 one day then it slowed
I thy to let two stay, well feed and watered

Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present
(rip my friend)
Re: Rat ? [Re: BigBob] #7902932
07/10/23 01:59 PM
07/10/23 01:59 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline OP
trapper
BigBob  Offline OP
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Went back to the tried and true P-butter, and nailed 3 large females, which seems to have cleaned them out. Anybody noticed a larger female to male ratio? I have left the taps set and have some food items laying about with no action for a couple of days.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Rat ? [Re: BigBob] #7903037
07/10/23 05:48 PM
07/10/23 05:48 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by BigBob
Went back to the tried and true P-butter, and nailed 3 large females, which seems to have cleaned them out. Anybody noticed a larger female to male ratio? I have left the taps set and have some food items laying about with no action for a couple of days.

Proof positive way to determine if there are no more critters present -

Take a large black trash bag. Cut it open and make a mini-tarp out of it. Place it down in an area where critters were present. Tack the corners down or use small weights like some rocks. In the center of the bag put a small piece of cardboard the size of a playing card. Put peanut butter on the cardboard and maybe add some bird seed or whole peanuts.

Dust the surrounding area on the garbage bag heavily with flour.

After a period of time , If any critters are nearby you will easily see footprints in the flour.

NRA benefactor member
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread