No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... #7550838
04/07/22 03:43 AM
04/07/22 03:43 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
....unfiltered. You can be the judge.

I know Koisoi (sp?), the Russian, had tried to post youtube videos made by a guy named (so the guy claims to be) Patrick Lancaster who is a non-corporate reporter in what is considered eastern Ukraine. They are usually taken down because of some swearing. I don't think this one has any swearing but I'm not going to post it. You all are big boys and girls, if you have any real interest in this subject, you can go find Mr. Lancaster's youtube channel and watch his videos. In my personal opinion, I think this guy should get the Edward R. Morrow journalism award (if they still give it) but he won't, because his raw reporting goes against western corporate media narrative. Not that I think Mr. Lancaster gives one ***t about journalism awards. Lancaster's supposed story is that he is a U.S. Navy veteran that somehow ended up in the Donbas a while back, hooked up with an ethnic Russian gal, and married into the Russian side of eastern Ukraine. His first eastern Ukraine war video is stated to be Dec 2016. Don't know if that's true but if you watch a number of his videos, I find hard, in my opinion, that all the stuff in his videos is staged and faked. Who really knows but some of his stuff ends up being fairly boring in his various long interviews. In my opinion, that it would have to be a substantially sophisticated con job if its not real. Whatever.

Let us turn to Muriupol, that formerly;y 400,000+ people city on the north coast of the "Sea of Azov', a large embayment of the Black Sea. In my household inflow coin job, I deal with information and data and its ANALYSIS, I'm paid to know a lot (supposedly) ****t about a lot of different stuff and how to weave that together into various outputs. Or so I justify my professional existence on that premise in my mind. I'm sort of an anomaly within my work colleagues who are much more technical expertise based. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, just stating the facts.

Ok, let's turn to Mariupol, Ukraine. This has been probably the main fighting pivot point of the Russian-Ukraine War so far. The media claims it was a city of about 400,000+ people when the war started. In 2002, according to Wikipedia, (I don't know right now what the pop was in 2002 but less than the 400k mentioned above), Mariupol was 48.7% ethnic Ukrainian, 44.4% ethnic Russian, 4.3% ethic Greek (who can speak either of the major Slavic languages), 0.8% Belarusian, and remaining small fraction other ethnic groups. The percentage of ethnic Russian in Mariupol and all of far eastern Ukraine is probably higher now than say in 1950, as a number of Russians moved there during the Soviet Union days to work in the various heavy industries, etc. But those people are now established several generations deep into their particular places so they are there, and probably not going to leave unless forced. People have to live with the reality of today, not some wished for past.

Corporate American media is 100% pro Ukraine government view. If semi-queer bait Zelinsky (in my opinion) said the sun rises in the west, American corporate media would agree. I'm saddened that FNC has joined that crowd, and (in my opinion) only Tucker Carlson and perhaps Laura Ingram buck that corporate line some, but even those folks only will go so far, neither one of them, as far as I know, have ran Patrick Lancaster videos or interviewed the guy. To say that the various Ukie groups in the greater Donbas or Mairupol itself have been the major "bad guys" is going too far out on a limb for either Tucker or Laura. As for Sean H. or the "hard news" elements of FNC, well, they'll just read the corporate script that Ukie is 100% good, and the Rus 100% bad. Lancaster's work perhaps shows that this isn't reality but at this point of time, the ability to change/work American public opinion to anything different is pretty much over.

So, corporate American media hasn't given the Rus and their allies (the DPR folks) a "win" in Mariupol. In reality, according to Lancaster's reporting and others' analysis, the Ukies can still shell the city (probably mostly with 122 mm rockets) but in really only control the immediate area of the Azovsteel Steel works, at one time the 4th largest steel plant in the world. The Ukie fighters there are mostly "Azov" boys (and may be some "girls", although I wonder how many of those women are still alive) and perhaps some "special" western "friends". The rest of Mariupol is living with the aftermath of which leading group had the biggest d*** in the area. Sorry Bill Hemmer, Brett Baier, Dana Perino, and other "hard news" FNC people, Mariupol has probably defacto "fallen" and will be in Russian hands for some time. But if the current USA, UK, and other assorted Euro governments are willing to fight "to the last Ukrainian", who really knows how long Mariupol will remain "Russian"...

To find Patrick Lancaster's stated April 5 , 2002 report about the situation he observed in Mariupol, go check out "Both Mariupol Front lines Under Fire Special Report Special Report. Russian-Ukraine War" on his youtube channel.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7550842
04/07/22 04:34 AM
04/07/22 04:34 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
So what you are saying in so many words is the media is lying and watch Patrick Lancaster on YouTube as he is pretty good?

I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551051
04/07/22 09:55 AM
04/07/22 09:55 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Yes sir!

A lot of the MSM coverage of the war in Ukraine is given by what Ukie and American officials tell them and what they can see from their hotel balconies. There have been some underlings of several of the MSM American tv channels that have been killed or wounded so yes, covering a war can be a very dangerous job. But the people in the safe places of NYC and DC do almost no critical thinking of the situation, just parrot back or never challenge any current or former officials that they talk to. Some of the specific facts, such as who did what where, especially to civilians, appears-- from other sources--to be 180 degrees opposite of what appears to have happened according to these other sources. Of course, many of these other sources come from the Russian and in the east Ukraine Russian/DPR side of the contact line. Lancaster has hours of walking around and talking to people living through it in eastern Ukraine. Maybe its all staged and the people have been all told what to say but you'll never hear almost any of it on corporate western media.

War and repression is nasty stuff. Tribalism has been a human weakness since we first got going. That's one thing we used to do in the USA and Canada is try to build a culture around a common set of ideas, where what human "tribe" we came from wasn't the primarily thing we worried about. In my opinion, that sort of glue has been eroding away fast. And I think mostly on purpose, again, that's my opinion.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551194
04/07/22 12:18 PM
04/07/22 12:18 PM
Sergievsk, Russia
K
KOSOI Offline
trapper
KOSOI  Offline
trapper
K

Sergievsk, Russia
Thank you, Brother!!! I'm beginning to gradually understand that across the ocean, ordinary Americans are beginning to understand how they have been deceived by their government all this time, how they were taught for almost 50 years that RUSSIA is the enemy!
Maybe I did something wrong again, and your Boss. GO BACK TO

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551208
04/07/22 12:30 PM
04/07/22 12:30 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I for one remember the cold war, and that's where alot of our distrust comes from. Lately, expecially had Trump won again I believe Putin could've been worked with. But I believe that's out the window now.

I also believe none of us are getting the truth, on either side of the pond. So don't take it personally if I don't believe most of what anyone posts on this.

Last edited by hippie; 04/07/22 12:32 PM.
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551233
04/07/22 12:47 PM
04/07/22 12:47 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Most of the world is now united against russia. They are not our friend. They are going to become very isolated and will only have support from other world pariahs including iran and syria. The russian people are going to suffer greatly until they rise up and put a new government in power and they will.

Keith

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551246
04/07/22 01:00 PM
04/07/22 01:00 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
KeithC- You do know what percentage of the world population is found just with China and India, correct?

The Chinese are working deals with Russia on lots of things and the Indians just signed a deal with the Rus for more oil at a discounted prices. There are a good amount of people in the world that can live without being all consumed with using USDs. We'll see how isolated the Rus really end up being a bit down the road. Do you really think a debtor nation with a negative 30+ trillion on the books has everybody else by the short hairs. Again, we see shortly...

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551309
04/07/22 01:43 PM
04/07/22 01:43 PM
Sergievsk, Russia
K
KOSOI Offline
trapper
KOSOI  Offline
trapper
K

Sergievsk, Russia
Originally Posted by KeithC
Most of the world is now united against russia. They are not our friend. They are going to become very isolated and will only have support from other world pariahs including iran and syria. The russian people are going to suffer greatly until they rise up and put a new government in power and they will.

Keith

Who are your friends?

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551310
04/07/22 01:44 PM
04/07/22 01:44 PM
Kansas
S
Sac Creek Offline
trapper
Sac Creek  Offline
trapper
S

Kansas
Just heard a local guy on Kansas City radio that is in Buccha. He said it was pretty bad and was pretty well aligned with what the press has been reporting the last couple days. I tend to believe these kind of reports.

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551315
04/07/22 01:51 PM
04/07/22 01:51 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The ukranians said that the whole population would fight to the death, posted pictures of civilian men, women and children with long guns ready to fight...now the ukranians say the russians killed civilians...

The atrocities are being discovered by the ukranians as they move into areas vacated by russian troops....being labeled genocide.

I really cannot believe anything that comes from mainstream media and believe zelensky is desperate and will do anything to draw nato into this conflict.

There were plenty of pictures of dead civilians during the initial iraq 2 invasion. I am pretty sure our troops made every effort to not harm civilians...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551326
04/07/22 01:59 PM
04/07/22 01:59 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
I wonder why no one in MSM ever talks about when the Ukies will run out of diesel to run their war machines...? Fairly simple but important logistical issue to consider because the MSM does report the Rus hitting Ukie oil and fuel depots on a regular basis but no one seems to put 2+2 together with that one. Maybe George Washington Zelinsky has some secret diesel pipelines coming into the country that will keep everything with a motor running in the Ukie armed forces and mad bad Vlad's minions don't know about the inflow of fuel. The Rus owning the skies over Ukraine probably doesn't matter. Again we'll see.

Lunch break over. Back to coin making...

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551330
04/07/22 02:02 PM
04/07/22 02:02 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
What in your opinion was the foremost reason for the invasion?

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551378
04/07/22 03:00 PM
04/07/22 03:00 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
KeithC- You do know what percentage of the world population is found just with China and India, correct?

The Chinese are working deals with Russia on lots of things and the Indians just signed a deal with the Rus for more oil at a discounted prices. There are a good amount of people in the world that can live without being all consumed with using USDs. We'll see how isolated the Rus really end up being a bit down the road. Do you really think a debtor nation with a negative 30+ trillion on the books has everybody else by the short hairs. Again, we see shortly...

The Chinese and Indians will be pressured by the other countries they want to trade with to comply. For good or for bad, we are going to end up with a one world government. It appears to be inevitable now.

What I dislike the most about it is there is going to be a substantial loss of freedom and that countries with a high standard of living, like the US, are going to likely end up with a lower standard of living.

Keith

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551603
04/07/22 06:10 PM
04/07/22 06:10 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Patrick’s videos show more actual footage of the city than any other source I’ve seen, and he’s interviewed far more citizens of the city than any I’ve seen. Plus, he’s worked to help evacuate those wanting to leave, and, helped many there contact family outside the area. So, I tend to believe he’s actually reporting on the situation. MSM on the other hand, merely read their scripts. MSM is where you find the actors, posing as reporters.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551683
04/07/22 07:23 PM
04/07/22 07:23 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
When Russia invaded and occupied Afghanistan, how much diesel fuel did the Mujahideen use? I don't see big tank battles happening. The Ukrainians are fighting a shoe leather war, like the Afghans, Vietnamese and a bunch of other guerilla wars before them. Know your terrain, pick your spot, hit 2-3 armored vehicles with shoulder fired missiles and disappear. Every tank is 3 casualties and every BMP is 9-10. If the Russians know where the fire came from, they just shell it, even if it's an apartment building, but how many times are the guerillas still there? . The Russians are so jumpy after weeks of it, they are killing anything that moves. What I see is a Russian army that doesn't want to get out of their vehicles or off the road or street, and they are paying dearly for it. I bet the Ukrainians are more worried about food and more anti armor and air than diesel.

Ok, we'll see. Watch what happens in the Donbas in the next several weeks. If the Ukies get rolled up there with large casualties (interesting how we never hear much of the Ukrainian losses in any of these media reports...hmmmm), then perhaps I was right. If they keep being your super-guerilla killers, then maybe bad Vlad's minions will pull out all of their troops, plus all the ethnic Russians living in eastern Ukraine. Or do you think the super guerilla warriors are going to stop with just killing the ethnic Russians in uniform...? There's been a slow motion attempted ethnic cleansing going on in the Donbas since 2014, maybe the Ukies will just speed it up and be done with it once and for all.

Remember, the western governments are willing to fight to the last Ukrainian...

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551696
04/07/22 07:33 PM
04/07/22 07:33 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
hippie- I think the reasons for the invasion are several but I think one of the main one has been the war going on in the Donbas since 2014. Plenty of ethnic Russians killed there and perhaps the Ukrainians were planning more ramped up action this spring. Ever wonder why the leaders of one of the poorest countries in Europe (or so people say) has the balls to keep killing the ethnic relatives of a neighboring country with 3x the population and a lot more natural resources and thinking the leaders of that neighboring country won't do anything about it? Maybe because since 2014 those Ukie leaders have been told (and financed) by other nation governments that its, "all fine, just keep doing what you're doing, we have your backs no matter what"

I wonder why there was so much interest in the "poorest" country in Europe by western governments (before Vlad's tanks rolled in) for so long, what was the appeal??

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551705
04/07/22 07:45 PM
04/07/22 07:45 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
When Russia invaded and occupied Afghanistan, how much diesel fuel did the Mujahideen use? I don't see big tank battles happening. The Ukrainians are fighting a shoe leather war, like the Afghans, Vietnamese and a bunch of other guerilla wars before them. Know your terrain, pick your spot, hit 2-3 armored vehicles with shoulder fired missiles and disappear. Every tank is 3 casualties and every BMP is 9-10. If the Russians know where the fire came from, they just shell it, even if it's an apartment building, but how many times are the guerillas still there? . The Russians are so jumpy after weeks of it, they are killing anything that moves. What I see is a Russian army that doesn't want to get out of their vehicles or off the road or street, and they are paying dearly for it. I bet the Ukrainians are more worried about food and more anti armor and air than diesel.

Ok, we'll see. Watch what happens in the Donbas in the next several weeks. If the Ukies get rolled up there with large casualties (interesting how we never hear much of the Ukrainian losses in any of these media reports...hmmmm), then perhaps I was right. If they keep being your super-guerilla killers, then maybe bad Vlad's minions will pull out all of their troops, plus all the ethnic Russians living in eastern Ukraine. Or do you think the super guerilla warriors are going to stop with just killing the ethnic Russians in uniform...? There's been a slow motion attempted ethnic cleansing going on in the Donbas since 2014, maybe the Ukies will just speed it up and be done with it once and for all.

Remember, the western governments are willing to fight to the last Ukrainian...

Reminds me of the World War II slogan :

"Fight to the last Frenchman, then retreat". laugh

walleyed

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551794
04/07/22 09:12 PM
04/07/22 09:12 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Where did I say SUPER-GUERILLA KILLER? I guess I can't see I did. One of you guys who is so pretend concerned about Russians killing whoever, or whoever killing Russians, should head over there, flash your US passport, tell them you are a journalist representing Trapperman, insist on being embedded with one side or the other at the "front lines" and report back to us here. I'll chip in on the plane ticket.

No, I think I'll wait. Probably more than enough fighting for everyone interested a lot closer to home. I guess we'll have to figure out what colors our arm bands will be...

Last edited by NonPCfed; 04/07/22 09:43 PM.

Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: KeithC] #7551813
04/07/22 09:34 PM
04/07/22 09:34 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Your talking about Russia right???

olden tyred
Re: the emerging aftermath in Mariupol, seemingly... [Re: NonPCfed] #7551900
04/07/22 11:44 PM
04/07/22 11:44 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Don't just believe 1 news source. There are several sources available if you want to be informed.
Britain, France, Germany and Japan are all on PBS which is also a news source.
All agree Russia is guilty of atrocities killing noncombatants. Many executed.
Too many reporters saying basicly the same thing to not believe them.

Some of you guys better thing about being Americans.
just

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread